Skip to content

Match day thread: Stevenage

Comments

• We are going up.

• That sounds sooooo good and it's true!

• COYB!!!!

Hope everyone enjoys themselves, wishing you well from the Barmy Caribbean to the Barmy army!

• I still have the flags I bought at the play off game against Southend - we thought it would be a very good game at which to give them an airing on the terrace.
    Anyone know if they will be frowned on by the club and not allowed in? I wouldn't want to lose them.

• Flags are fine, the flag pole/stick (if they have one) might be an issue.

• The Wanderer will be on sale, usual place, usual price. No promotion for anyone who doesn't get one!

• My son can’t make today, he made arrangements for his to go to a party at his inlaws but he’s still in his colours. Even better, it’s in Oxford and they all seem to like yellow!

• Lovely for Matty to score.

• Another poor performance from his legs have gone Bloomfield says manager Richie.

• brown replaced by Yves....maybe a farewell to brown?

• Just struck me that for the first time in about a month I’ve got no idea how Exeter and Notts County are doing.

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    brown replaced by Yves....maybe a farewell to brown?

Got to be, hasn’t it?

• I heard that a return by someone whose second name begins with an I might be on the cards. And it wasn't from Richie...as far as I know. Classy of Gareth to give brownie that send off if true

• Chuffed to bits for Matty B; scoring the only goal on the last day of the season having been promoted and signing a new deal... what a season, what a story, what a Wycombe Wanderers legend!

• Looked a certain gesture of send off to Brown. Quite early though!
    Similarly with Bean, very likely a last appearance, but got a decent chunk too.

Enjoyed Newcombe (mystery young keeper we seem to own but have never seen until today) get a good natured "who are ya" chant from the terrace

• What a great day a really good performance from the lads without making many out and out chances hopefully will persuade some of the bumper crowd to come more often and my day was capped by waiting patently and getting to meet and get a pictur with bayo. Also very funny when a fan told Mcginley he was punching with his mrs

• We left about the time you sent that @na104, did Bayo emerge eventually?

• Yes took forever to get to the terrace stopped for an interview just before he got to us! It was worth it. Great to meet sido jj and browny all late getting round and all classy and very humble and really appreciative of our support and Mcginley took the banter very well, he clearly told his mrs we all thought he was punching when he went back so she gave us all a wave! Maybe she agreed

• Did anyone have the guts/cheek to ask any of the out of contract guys what their situation is?
    Not that they'd necessarily do anything more than Mickey Bell did back in 96 or 97...and smile sheepishly..

• We played some lovely football today.

• @drcongo said:
    We played some lovely football today.

Didn't we just.

• @na104 said:
    Yes took forever to get to the terrace stopped for an interview just before he got to us! It was worth it. Great to meet sido jj and browny all late getting round and all classy and very humble and really appreciative of our support and Mcginley took the banter very well, he clearly told his mrs we all thought he was punching when he went back so she gave us all a wave! Maybe she agreed

I think she was just waving at you mate!

• @Malone said:
    Did anyone have the guts/cheek to ask any of the out of contract guys what their situation is?

Apparently Bean is still considering his future. It's not a definite - that's my lot.

• @YorkshireWanderer said:
    I think she was just waving at you mate!

In my dreams

@Malone said:
    Did anyone have the guts/cheek to ask any of the out of contract guys what their situation is?
    Not that they'd necessarily do anything more than Mickey Bell did back in 96 or 97...and smile sheepishly..

Sido said look out the this week fingers crossed

• I really hope Sido stays, he was brilliant today.

• I agree great squad player and no doubt great around the dressing room

• Hopefully we’ll get some good news on jj as well

• Sido staying?? My wife asked him at the end of proceedings as they were coming around as to whether he was staying..' After this, ( looking around ) yeah I'm going to' !!

• It was brilliant for the first time in months not to be looking at the "live" table during the game....great sign off - happy summer holidays!!

• Fantastic day we seemed to be able to boss it from the very start without the big man although Stevenage were off the pace for the majority of the game . Blooms proved that he was worth his place in league 1 and hopefully Gaz can get Sido to extend his stay .
    It was great to meet @Shev briefly before the game he looked genuinely thrilled when they played his song ( oh and @Shev I’ve just watched game 5 Alex Tuchs second was as good as it gets but we could have definitely defended better as for the fifth I’m considering getting a tattoo that says playing an empty goal never works)