We're coming for you,
Plymouth Argyle,
We're coming for you.

And to the same beat:

Thanks for the help,
Thanks for the help,
It's goodbye Stevenage,
And thanks for the help.

But this is probably not the best place for such suggestions!

Comments

• Ask Dev he will have some cracking ones

• What were the words to the Ole song people were singing last week. My hearing is a bit duff and, although I tried, I couldn't make out any of what was being sung in the verse bit between the Oles.

• We’ve got Gareth Ainsworth
    And dobbo’s number two
    They’re taking us to league one
    We’re the famous light dark blue

• @Shev's Wycombe song should fit well with the atmosphere likely on the day.

• @M3G no doubt he's thumbing through his Desmond Dekker collection looking for just the right one...

• after his hat trick last Saturday I believe Midlander is all set to sing Redemption Song in honour of Alex Revell

• @eric_plant Alex Revell hasn’t even come close to redemption in my book. I hope the way he treated my club is not forgotten.

• How about Pimper’s Paradise then?!

• @Midlander said:
    eric_plant Alex Revell hasn’t even come close to redemption in my book. I hope the way he treated my club is not forgotten.

Genuine question as I can’t remember: did Revell say or do something derogatory towards Wycombe?

• I’d like the “one Bill Turnbull” song to get another outing today, with 8000 of us there he might be able to hear it.

• Agree about the BT song.

Started singing "We're going, we're going up" the other night after a few beers.

Got tune wrong and used "football's coming home" by mistake, scans ok. "We're going up...we're going...Wycombe's going up etc"

By the way has anyone got the words for the song I heard at Solihull Moors that mentions loads of old players including John Maskell, comparing him to Lev Yashin or was it Bert Trautman

• Maskell is better than Yashin,Horseman is better than Eusebio and...( insert team of choice).. Are in for a thrashing

• Cheers. Thought it was a bit longer than that.

• @Shev it was great to meet you all today. All the very best with the impending arrival in July. They should have played Wycombe Strong again as we waited at the end but..........it was a brilliant day whatever.

• The song sounded really good before kick off @Shev - congratulations! Hope you enjoyed your visit, and glad we put in a decent performance for you.

• Good to meet you too @Shev. You should be so proud. Hope you all enjoyed the game/atmosphere

• @ValleyWanderer - it was really great meeting you too! I appreciate the kind words on the baby too. It was quite a stirring experience, and fun to share it with you. I appreciated you singing along!

• @bookertease - thank you, and a pleasure to meet you too! I must say that meeting gasroomers in the build up and playing of the song made it that much more special!

• @Last_Quarter - I am glad it sounded good! I really appreciated them cranking it up, as the various warnings about the tinny tannoy had me wondering if the song was going to get drowned out by the terrace! Thank you for the kind words, and it was an excellent experience all around. I may or may not have done snow angels on the pitch during the amicable invasion...

• @Shev Sounded fine from where I was. The youngest Ludd asked if it was available on Spotify, so you’ve got a fan there!

• I'm afraid to say I didn't notice it on the terrace - there was a lot of noise there all day and the tannoy was having an off day too! Roughly what time did they play it and did it come across well in the FA stand?

• @HCblue said:
    I'm afraid to say I didn't notice it on the terrace - there was a lot of noise there all day and the tannoy was having an off day too! Roughly what time did they play it and did it come across well in the FA stand?

From the FA we could certainly hear the Terrace chanting! It was played at 2-45 and the AP sound system did as well as it ever could, in fact I felt the volume was increased a bit for the song. Seemed to me that quite a few folk in the FA enjoyed listening to it but hard to say with the overall atmosphere of the day being what it was. A Tannoy announcement about the song beforehand would have been a good lead in and perhaps helped folk to engage from the start. Anyway, I like it!

• Right. Will have to listen out for it again next season!

• Thanks. Heard it already, when Shev posted it a week or two ago. I meant I'll have to listen out to hear it at the ground again!

• Ah...cheers @HCblue, I missed that.

• No worries. Thanks for the thought!

• Meant to ask, @Shev: do you have relatives in this area? I assume so and happen to teach/ have taught some Shevlanes.

• Thanks @Ned_Ludd - I am glad to know the younger generation can enjoy it too!

@HCblue - I grew up in Hertfordshire (though with the misfortune of spending about a year of my childhood in Milton Keynes at one point), so we drove out from that way, as my parents and best friend still live in Herts.

@ValleyWanderer - thanks again, and I believe they did turn it up. The media team had told me they were going to "crank it up" but I did not know if that was just a nice turn of phrase. In a nice touch, they also got in touch last night to make sure I had heard it! I can't imagine many clubs that would operate like that.