Skip to content

Banners

Gone are the days when you could put 'Bash the Bishops' on a banner!

Comments

• Greatest ever Banner !!
    Interestingly on the train home from Chesterfield, both the fans of Wolves and Wycombe took great delight in singing that old 70's ditty at each other.
    "Ole Wanky,Wanky, Wanky wanky wanky Wanderers"

• The line above says "Dig that crazy...", any idea what the last word is?

• @eric_plant, could be, there is certainly a 'p' in there. What a fascinating banner, and the fans around it. The guy on the left, perhaps shouting "Bash the Bishops", seems to be holding it. I can't quite make out who is holding the other end. Then there's the guy in his pyjama top.

• @Steve_Peart Chap in the glasses looking to his right is holding it, I think.

I had the middle line as “dig that crazy top” but “cup” makes more sense.

Top line is “Go to it Blues”

• There's a better view of it on the SWOP site - http://swop.org.uk/swop/swop.htm. Put BFP:05058 in the search box.

It is indeed "Dig That Crazy Cup".

• Not seen that site before - that’s a couple of evenings sorted out.

• It was years before I was born, but my entire extended family were there somewhere - probably not holding that banner though!

However, in a shockingly non-pc world, they all had specially made red and white "golliwogs" as lapel badges, and obviously thought nothing of it. I remember, as a young kid, finding them in a jar and asking what they were, and why - and that was the answer I got.

• Who remembers Al the Pal from the old gasroom? I think he may have been in this photo.

• Now you mention it @Stewie63 he was in one of those old photos. Not sure if it’s that one tho.

He’d have been handing out Mars Bars to all and sundry on Saturday.

• Good to see the banner which went up today on the front of the Council Offices in Queen Victoria Road - "WWFC has made the town proud".

• Thank you for pointing that out Peter, it is truly a great thing to see the Local Authority acknowledging the Wycombe success.

• I bet the Rugby loving, Wasps pandering Tory councillors didn't enjoy having to display that banner.

• To be fair, they didn't have to display a banner, but I'm pleased they have.

• Have you all not voted them out yet?

• @ChasHarps said:
    I bet the Rugby loving, Wasps pandering Tory councillors didn't enjoy having to display that banner.

Cheer up Chas, no time for bitterness.

• The bitterness evaporated the day they decamped to Coventry, shame the districts wretched Tory councillors didnt follow them.