Skip to content

lets sell out !!!

638 seats left of which 120 in the Main Stand and the rest in the Frank Adams as of 9pm.

Comments

• Sell out in home end. One end empty with 200 Stevenage. Should let home fans in that stand on this occasion. It's not as though Stevenage will bring many.

• Stevenage will bring more than 200 that could be accommodated in Main Stand which is full almost as I said above.

• Hurrah! Looking forward to a mustard-trousered posho refusing to get out of the seat I’ve been sat in all season.

“Well someone’s in my seat”.

On a serious note, this means it’s very likely that someone will actually have to sit in those seats in block T that are covered in partridge shit.

• Weather forecast good, Bank Holiday weekend, promotion celebration, nothing can go wrong now

• @arnos_grove said:
    Hurrah! Looking forward to a mustard-trousered posho refusing to get out of the seat I’ve been sat in all season.

“Well someone’s in my seat”.

On a serious note, this means it’s very likely that someone will actually have to sit in those seats in block T that are covered in partridge shit.

They will be cleaned.

• Surely someone at the club is working out how we could safely use some of the away end?

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub Are we totally sure we haven't played any unregistered players, or signed any loan paperwork after any deadlines - or anything else remotely point-dockable?

I don't like nasty surprises...

• If we had it would have been picked up by now

• I hear Gareth bought all the squad aBigMac on the way back last Saturday 10 points off

• I hear Gareth bought all the squad aBigMac on the way back Sat 10 points off

• @LeedsBlue said:
    TheAndyGrahamFanClub Are we totally sure we haven't played any unregistered players, or signed any loan paperwork after any deadlines - or anything else remotely point-dockable?

I don't like nasty surprises...

I hear Brizzle Rovers are consulting their lawyers as we speak.

• 600 left exactly as of 8am.

• Looks like we will jump up to 7th in the L2 attendance league on the back of Saturday's hoped-for sellout.

• Any numbers guys, what are we looking at then, if we ship these last 600 tickets?

7,500 home fans?
    With perhaps 300 away fans rattling around in that 1800 stand?

• There’ll be a good deal more than 300 away fans. Chance to beat another top club and rain on our parade. Hour away (nearer for a proportion of their fans, of course) lovely bright/sunny warm afternoon. Nearer 500, I’d say.
    8000+ gate in prospect. Happy days.

• 8,000 is an excellent gate.

Slight regrets that we could have got that higher with home fans though?

• Could we not do what a number of clubs do and stick a big net down the middle of the away stand, segregating home and away fans who then have one side each? Home fans could be towards the Woodlands side, sharing turnstiles and tea bar with the Family Stand; Away fans could be car park side, with their own turnstiles and tea bar.

This kind of arrangement seems to work well elsewhere.

• That would be great @Uncle_T.

• "The only remaining availability AS IT STANDS is in the Frank Adams Stand" stated the club in a tweet this morning. Would this suggest that possible plans to do exactly that with the away end @Uncle_T could be in the offing, dependent on conversations with Stevenage and how much they have sold thus far etc?

• Spot on suggestion @Uncle_T

• Where do you get "good deal more than 300 away fans" May have been in the early days but last two visits have seen 250 290. Anyway I should not worry You would need a 1000 to make that end look anywhere near half full and that's definitely not going to happen. Gate will be sub 7800 in my opinion.

• In the Anfield Road end at Liverpool they have a clever arrangement whereby they can provide more tickets to home fans by dividing seats and below stand tea bars, toilets etc according to the demand from visiting supporters. I understand that this needed approval from the police and other relevant authorities so this could be a problem for WWFC since said authorities in our town haven’t been particularly helpful in the past.

• @glasshalffull , the away end only has facilities in one side doesn't it? Unless we could simply open up the gate for our fans to use the Frank Adams lower's ones?

I dare say it's way too much hassle, and we'll frustratingly see a 3/4 empty stand, with punters for once frothing to get in.

Guy at work is going, and is part of a 10 strong party! That's a good chunk of the remaining going already.

• Disgraceful! The club should have predicted this shambles and brought in a priority booking scheme so that only true supporters get to watch.

• @Malone said:
    glasshalffull , the away end only has facilities in one side doesn't it? Unless we could simply open up the gate for our fans to use the Frank Adams lower's ones?

I dare say it's way too much hassle, and we'll frustratingly see a 3/4 empty stand, with punters for once frothing to get in.

Guy at work is going, and is part of a 10 strong party! That's a good chunk of the remaining going already.

I think you’r correct about the current facilities.

• i'm sure the club are working with Stevenage and know how many they've sold and are likely to bring on the day.

• Hope so.

• I'm just trying to remember, i know we've had times when the whole away end was given over to home fans with away fans in the corner of the Main Stand, but we've never had both sets in a segregated away end have we?

Easy enough to open the gate to the Frank Adams and use that tea bar, and i suppose, to move one of the banners as segregation, but how would you segregate the walkway?

• Tea bars/kiosks are going to be an absolute nightmare anyway.

• @floyd A really fat steward? Or an injured Akinfenwa?