Skip to content

3,000 Season-ticket holders - unrealistic?

In recent years WWFC have had around 2,000 season-ticket holders. With the club's promotion to League One is it unrealistic that this figure could go higher up to 3,000 for example?

The income from an extra 1,000 s/t holders would be a big boost in signing some extra bodies over the summer. In South Bucks and the surrounding areas there are plenty of people who watch Premier League or Championship football.Although League Two is ok for the diehard fans, the allure of Sunderland, Portsmouth and a local derby with Oxford United may persuade more people to sign up for a s/t.

Being a trust-owned club WWFC can only spend what it brings in. Hopefully, the euphoria of last Saturday will provide a stepping-stone for more funds which will certainly be needed in League One.

Comments

• Chairman pointed out in the on-line interview this morning that Sunderlands parachute payment next season will be 8.5 times greater than out total turnover!!

• edited April 2018

Next season's set of teams we'll face has to be one of the most exciting line ups we've had.
    There was that season we had Leeds, Southampton and Norwich (I think?), but next year I think has it all.

Short trips -Oxford, Wimbledon, Gillingham, Charlton, Luton
    Big clubs - Sunderland, Bolton (very likely), Birmingham (50%?), and possibly Reading (bit less chance), Bradford, Portsmouth - (which it is easy to forget are a huge club, due to playing them for years in a row)

Renew aquaintances with the dreaded Bristol Rovers and Plymouth, not to mention Southend, after our last game against them!

Blackpool is In there for a great trip (pending time of year - summer, or illuminations please!)

Looking good.

• I'll get one, forgot this year

• edited April 2018

@perfidious_albion said:
    Chairman pointed out in the on-line interview this morning that Sunderlands parachute payment next season will be 8.5 times greater than out total turnover!!

And all their debt has been completely paid off by their outgoing chairman. With 30,000 plus gates and over £19m parachute payment they must be a banker for the title.

• @mooneyman said:
    And all their debt has been completely paid off by their outgoing chairman. With 30,000 plus gates and over £19m parachute payment they must be a banker for the title.

Perhaps, but they'll surely drop points en-route and we can hopefully benefit from that.

• If it's just about money, how on earth did they ever get relegated in the first place?

• Already renewed my ST for next season so 2999 to go......

• Make that 2998....

• Got mine and my lad's, and my lad's best mate, so that's another 3.

• Did mine a bargain before the season end

• Renewed (pending the kid on the phone putting the details through!)

ps back to the £2 admin fee I see... seems particularly tightwadded to moan about £2 after shelling £320 out, but..you know.

• Waiting for a PPI check to clear then 2 more from me.

• Kit, the new guy alongside Lily and Niamh, took my application form yesterday and confirmed that applications were flooding in. I meant to check when they would take payment but I think he said not until the tickets are printed which was likely to be in June or July. (I’ve tried to ring to confirm but they are clearly experiencing higher than usual traffic or whatever the expression is.)

I’d be happy to pay now. Cash flow is going to be more important than ever this summer.

I only add one to the total, I’m afraid!

• I think an extra 1000 is probably unlikely as I assume most people who want one already have one. I would guess an extra 200/300 for next season.

• All of our agents are busy and you are held in a queue

• all done. Another one off the 3000 target.

• edited May 2018

Thanks @Wendoverman - laziness had led me to not printing out a form yet (I thought that's what you had to do in order to get the super-dooper-earlier-than-early-bird-same-as-last-time-we-were-in-League-1 price). But realising that all you'd done is ring up and sorted it, I decided to do the same.

Happy days!

• @Leedsblue as long as we haven't been tricked and Vladimir Putin now not only has our 320 big ones but also knows where there are two free seats available for next season.

• FmGFmG
    edited May 2018

I did it on the phone off the back of this thread too so knock off 2 more from the total!

• I'm glad I've been able to introduce you all to the telling bone...I predict that sooner or later it will make the quill and parchment obsolete.

• It is an amazing thing...I could actually speak with a person in the ticket office!

(The info on the website only mentions doing it with a form which you have to print and take in)

• They probably didn't want 2,000 people all ringing in, in fairness!

But they were never going to get a season ticket phone call and say no were they!

• Just did it over the phone, took less than 60 seconds after getting through.

• @micra said:
    Kit, the new guy alongside Lily and Niamh, took my application form yesterday and confirmed that applications were flooding in. I meant to check when they would take payment but I think he said not until the tickets are printed which was likely to be in June or July. (I’ve tried to ring to confirm but they are clearly experiencing higher than usual traffic or whatever the expression is.)

I’d be happy to pay now. Cash flow is going to be more important than ever this summer.

I only add one to the total, I’m afraid!

I put my form in the box before the Accrington game. Haven't ever received an email confirmation etc but the money has been taken from my card as per my bank statement so presuming it's all gone through.

• edited May 2018

When I followed the pioneering steps of @Wendoverman and requested to purchase one of them there bargain season tickets, the kind telephone operator at the club first asked me if it was only one ticket I required. To my affirmative response, she said: "in that case, I can do it over the phone".

Make of that what you will.

Personally, I think it's like the stewards on Saturday. They didn't put 'please run on the pitch afterwards' notices up, but they didn't do anything tangible to stop the force of nature that is a promotion celebration.

• My only concern is that I gave my season ticket number and then still had to tell them my name and where my seat was. I'm hoping I was not talking to ticket sales expert richie and have just purchased a place at Kenilworth Road.

• @Wendoverman , yeah same situation here. Seemed less smooth than the last few years. Last year was a very easy (and no extra admin charge) online click or two, and two years ago a simple renewal based on card number.
    I think the chap was actually having to fill a form out manually, which seemed odd to me.

@micra, there's no way they're not taking money until June! I'm sure he said next week to me, which seemed far enough off. I'd expect them to take the money immediately.

I sometimes fear we're not as polished as we should be for a similarly placed pro club.
    But hey, much better than the Hayes rule where we flooded our team with staff on the vague promise we'd need them if we got to the championship!

• Im going tomorrow to renew our two season tickets. Will they accept my cash I wonder?

• @EwanHoosaami , absolutely no worries on that.
    As long as you don't fuss like the other season ;)

• They charged my card at the point of sale. I'm assuming that will go through straight away, and not delayed till the summer. Why on earth wouldn't it?