Skip to content

Buckingham Town Ford Meadow Ground

Not Quite sure If I am shocked that Buckingham Town have had Ford Meadow Burned down in and Arson attack or that they have moved (when? News to me) to a venue in Milton Bloody Keynes!!!. Is it another club that they are going to swallow up? Not the biggest club but had some glory years in the 80's including playing Orient in the 84/85 season FAC and getting into the Southern League when it was a proper league.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-31145057

Comments

• It's really sad,they moved out sometime ago, I was talking to the Buckingham Town goalkeeper who played in the fa cup game just the other day.The ground is now owned by Buckingham Uni with a potential view of allowing the town to play there again one day but I can't see it. Franchise are more interested in sweeping up fans from Buckingham,they have special 'Buckingham days' whereby if you live in a Buckingham postcode you get in cheap.I live in the town and unfortunately people do seem to take up these offers. I'd rather travel for an hour on a Saturday to support a real club!!!

• Never really sure about Buckingham Town. In 50 years of following Wycombe this was the only time I actually experienced football violence. For a B&B cup tie of all this fhings ffs. But I guess I shouldn't bear a grudge

• I was at the B&B cup game in the mid 80's, but can't remember any fisticuffs ?
    I do remember Peter Nicholas the ex Arsenal,Palace and Welsh international supping in the clubhouse at Ford Meadow that night.

• @ChasHarps said:
    I was at the B&B cup game in the mid 80's, but can't remember any fisticuffs ?
    I do remember Peter Nicholas the ex Arsenal,Palace and Welsh international supping in the clubhouse at Ford Meadow that night.

I remember the B&B game in 1975 - I think we won 7-1. Remember an old guy, surrounded by lots of teenage lads, Pied Piper style (no dodgy comments please!) - but vaguely recall something kicking off around them.

• There was definitely fisticuffs, I was cornered by 3 lads and preparing to defend myself, my plan was to at least take one of them down, then out of nowhere comes "cheesy" and twats one of them over the head with his crash helmet. Happy days.

• If I remember rightly the supporters coach got stoned leaving the ground. Another place where we were given a rough welcome was Goole Town when getting back to the train station for the supporters 'special' proved a bit of a challenge.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    I remember the B&B game in 1975 - I think we won 7-1. Remember an old guy, surrounded by lots of teenage lads, Pied Piper style (no dodgy comments please!) - but vaguely recall something kicking off around them.

Think it was 9-0

• @Jocks_little_helper said:
    If I remember rightly the supporters coach got stoned leaving the ground. Another place where we were given a rough welcome was Goole Town when getting back to the train station for the supporters 'special' proved a bit of a challenge.

I had it way back at Tilbury in the 70's. Regarding this Buckingham Town game, are we all referring to the 85/86 game? I can't remember any of that stuff that evening. I can remember thinking it took for ever to get there and not realising back then that Buckingham was so far away and surrounded by eternal roundabouts to get into an oversized village!

• I would have said mid 70's so will go along with @NewburyWanderer 1975 - seem to remember it being played during the day rather than evening.

I would have said mid 70's so will go along with NewburyWanderer 1975 - seem to remember it being played during the day rather than evening.

That's why then as I never went to the 70's B&B match. Cheers!

• From the Chairboys on the net -

6-Dec-1975 Buckingham Town B&B 1 A W 7-1

@NewburyWanderer has a better memory than me.

From the Chairboys on the net -

6-Dec-1975 Buckingham Town B&B 1 A W 7-1

NewburyWanderer has a better memory than me.

Now wouldn't it be great If NewburyWanderer had a picture or two of the said game. Ermm extreme Longshot.

• @M3G said:
    Now wouldn't it be great If NewburyWanderer had a picture or two of the said game. Ermm extreme Longshot.

Sorry, that is a longshot. No photos I'm afraid.