Skip to content

Craig Mackail-Smith Signs

A new 2 year contract for CMS keeping him at the club until 2020.

Comments

• Great news. What a week!

• You f*cking beauty!!

• We're literally doing the business.

• Really happy we are getting contracts sorted early great news. Hope Jacobson and Jombati sign aswell possibly Saunders.

• Really positive that these players are all buying into what we're doing and committing to the cause!
    CMS, Tyson, Bayo, Bloomfield.

Presumably JJ is considering an offer.

Not sure whether Saunders and Jombati are in the plans or not, but would be pleased to see them stay.

• I hope JJ stays. And Sido. Unsure on SS

• @Aok84 said:
    Really happy we are getting contracts sorted early great news. Hope Jacobson and Jombati sign aswell possibly Saunders.

Agreed

• Sam Saunders is too injury prone I'm afraid and we will need a few more younger players to blend in with the dads army!

• Why is all this coming through the normal channels? How the hell is Gareth keeping all this information to himself before announcing it?

• sensational news - as classy a player as we've had in years

• I like how they're committing their futures before knowing what league we're in next season.
    It either shows their confidence in us winning promotion, or just emphasises how much they're enjoying their time at the club.

• Great happy days

• Cant see JJ, Sido or SS being kept but I could be wrong.

• You usually are wrong Richie so nothing new.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Cant see JJ, Sido or SS being kept but I could be wrong.

Some logic to Side & SS, but JJ! Really?

• I think this has been his worst season, more bookings than usual lots of mistimed tackles has had injuries and played with them which probably hasn't helped.

• Do you actually rate any player in our team?

• What a post, you've given the reasons for his less than usual high standards which appear to be quite reasonable and still criticise him for falling below the high bar? You don't think that a summer of R & R will allow him back to those " levels of zenith" then?

• edited April 2018

Are you new round here @glasshalffull ? I think former Luton striker CMS gets a thumbs up from the richster...though not sure why he's singled out.

• Yes, didn’t Malone tell you?

• You are really getting the hang of this place now @glasshalffull

• It looks like Gareth announced these signings without running it past some of the more important people at the club, so there is some desperate thrashing about to try and second guess the next announcements. I think the kit man will re-sign.

• Great for cms, I’m sure jj will get another contract really hope he does, would be nice to get a back up so he doesn’t have to play through the injuries. As for SS would have to be on reduced terms as I imagine he’s our top earner, if he goes we could use his wages to sign 2 or 3 players

• The punctuation police have been a bit quiet on here recently though, but that may be because we've had a lot of football-type things to talk about. When things quieten down you'll have that pleasure to come

• @rmjlondon said:
    Cant see JJ, Sido or SS being kept but I could be wrong.

You're always wrong you twat, give your head a shake or headbutt the wall then we'll see you post sense but knowing you i doubt we'll see it we can only hope.

• @na104 said:
    Great for cms, I’m sure jj will get another contract really hope he does, would be nice to get a back up so he doesn’t have to play through the injuries. As for SS would have to be on reduced terms as I imagine he’s our top earner, if he goes we could use his wages to sign 2 or 3 players

Why not a pay as you play type deal or some sort of caveat that reduces wage if long term injury perhaps? Not suggesting that it would be acceptable to SS but might be an option.

• I agree great idea but I imagine SS won’t. It’s a difficult one for GA, if he helps us get over the line in the last couple of games maybe he’ll get another year

• It's a very tricky one...finding a creative midfielder at our level...who does not get kicked to hell and therefore injured all the time is a massive problem.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Some logic to Side & SS, but JJ! Really?

Can people stop quoting this pleb?
    Can't see jj, guy who starts every game he's fit for getting a new deal.
    Absolute dolt

• @StrongestTeam said:
    He's massively in to his clothes business so either retiring or staying on a reduced basis, maybe less training etc sounds possible.

less training ? do you think that would go down well in the camp ...... move him on hardly played this season total waste of money to keep him and were turning into dads army by the looks of it so one less over 30 will help the average.