Skip to content

Goal keeping coach.

Barry Richardson has been away from us now for several months. I always wondered what a goalkeeping coach actually does. Scott Brown's glaring weakness is his inability to come off his line thus failing to dominate the 6 yard box. Surely Barry would have coached this in to Scotty, but to no avail it seems. Either you are a good goalkeeper or your not. Why a keeper would need constantly coaching is beyond me, and if we haven't replaced Barry Richardson,surely that exposes the weakness of the luxury of having a goalkeeping coach at this level. I can't remember Hydie or Martin Taylor having such a coach.

I can't really understand why Scotty doesn't come out off his line more often, especially when long throw ins are launched into our box. How difficult is it to catch a football!!

Comments

• You can't teach an old dog new tricks!

• I know keeping balls out of the goal...how hard can it be?

• Scott is a little to long in the tooth to change now, these things have to be coached at an early stage to become habit forming, Matt Ingram was coached by Baz (I think) and a major area for improvement the last time I saw him was his poor dominance of the 6 yard box.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Maybe we can save a few quid by cancelling training.

At least we'd have fewer injuries than this season.

• He came off his line for Stanley’s first goal! Too slowly then totally disoriented by being outside the 6 yard box! then bottles the physical challenge! should have caught the ball turned his shoulder and taken the hit! Funny he had the mental agility to pretend his had had been clipped!
    Promotion or not he has to go closed season.

• @MBS did we not sort of replace Richardson, by signing Ma-kalamby? If my shoddy memory serves me right is he not a "player - coach?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    MBS did we not sort of replace Richardson, by signing Ma-kalamby? If my shoddy memory serves me right is he not a "player - coach?

I thought he was also carrying out fitness coach duties.

• I agree that GA should get the right person in not just somebody for the sake of it.

• I’m probably missing the profundity of that comment.