Skip to content

Goal of the Season 17/18

BSEBSE
edited April 2018 in Football

Link to the official voting link: surveymonkey.co.uk/r/GOTS1718

& like last year thought it might be fun to add a poll to see which goal was the 'gasroom' goal of the season.

Poll not found

Comments

• edited April 2018

A tough one, because the context surrounding Bean's goal adds another layer to the process, as it might not be the best hit of the lot, but it had the most meaning. So do you go with the goal itself, or the goal plus surrounding context?

• edited April 2018

Can I pick the goal that is going to come off Paris’s shoulder (from a Blooms mis-hit) in the 84th minute against Stevenage that wins us promotion?

• Sam Saunders coal F what a cracker .

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    • What a choice!! Saunders' free kick, either of Eze's, and for the sheer adrenalin of the moment, Bean's and Tyson's. With all those to consider, poor old JJ doesn't get a look in.

• Always had thought O'Nien's for the technique and volley on his supposed weaker left foot
      But that double from Eze really was sensational.
      As others have said, if you're basing it on context then Bean, followed by Tyson.

• I think for the first time ever in a GOTS pick, the answer is simply “ I don’t know”.

Every single one of them is a good shout.

• What a collection of worldies. But for me, Eze's first against Cambridge has absolutely everything - the control and skill, and then to simply place it exactly in the top corner, it makes me grin every time I see it.

• Goal d from eze for me, we really were spoilt having a player of his quality, onien a close second, bean 3rd because of the circumstances, I have a feeling bean will end up winning but to be fair if we don’t get promoted that comeback has to be moment of the season

• @Shev a bit like yourself for me i think it was the context around the goal i went for, which was Tyson's. The atmosphere with the two late goals at AP was fantastic.

• Bean's is the goal of all time, let alone the season

• Bean all day long for me.

• Tyson because it sums up his season with the roaring pace. And the context. And it was right in front of where we sit. But all excellent goals and hopefully a couple more contenders as yet unscored.

• Tyson at home to Crewe for me. The pace and desire that lad showed was superb. Add in a soupson of comeback. Easily in my top ten mental celebrations ever. Admittedly I'm just trying to revive the use of the word 'soupcon' .

• (Prob should be Bean's but #I wasn't there when Bean scored

• The winner will be in Nottinghamshire on Saturday

• I voted for Bean because of what it meant and the goal celebration was wonderful to see.

• Beano for me simply because I nearly had a heart attack.

• Hayes won it last year didn't he? His was an excellent goal but the occasion made it what it was, same with Beano's. And everyone loves a good volley, don't they.

• Especially when in both cases people groaned when they got the ball!

• LX1LX1
      edited April 2018

Just realised Chesterfield is in Derbyshire

• Your Midlands passport is revoked @LX1

• These are all fantastic - I'd probably go with Beano's just because of the context.

But, truthfully, my actual favourite of the season was Eze's against Crawley, as seen here

Before this clip starts, the ball had actually been with Eze wide on the left where, as I recall, he'd turned a man with his back to goal and laid it across to Stewart. That's when the clips begins. Every moment he was on the ball, from start to finish of the move, I remember as perfection. Each decision and touch was a thing of simple but majestic beauty. Once the ball was coming back to him from Bayo, there was no doubt, despite the two defenders and 'keeper still in front of him, that he would score. It summed up for me everything about Eze that was brilliant.

• Incredible that that didn't make the shortlist.

• You've made a good case there, @HCblue - I remember at the time that the tv highlights that evening didn't do justice to Eze's part in the whole move.

• Possibly technically the best goal of the season. Certainly the best team goal and it's not even on the list. That said, the award has to go to Bean doesn't it?

• Great shout from @HCblue - probably my favourite goal to have written about on Vital this season. Was pure brilliance

• What an absolute joy that guy was.

• Too late to vote for Gape?

• Some fantastic goals to enjoy again and again.

That left footed O Nien thunderbolt takes some beating for sheer perfection of hit doesn't it.