Skip to content

Onwards and Upwards - Chesterfield (a) attendance prediction

Official twitter says around 600 of ours sold for the game.
Chesterfield's average home attendance for the 21 games so far is 5375.
My reading of the situation is that Morecambe can relegate them on Tuesday if they get a point at home against Cambridge this Tuesday night.
It is very possible that it will be the last football league game at the stadium for a while.

I go total attendance 8200 with 1200 from Wycombe.

Comments

• 6492 including 962 from Wycombe.

I think Chesterfield are at home to Newport the Tuesday after we play them so it won't be their last football league game at the stadium, which is why I don't imagine the home support will be that impressive

• edited April 2018

Yes - apologies - Chesterfield have a home game against Newport on the Tuesday after they play us. Morecambe could relegate them this Tuesday when they play their game in hand, so I guess the attendance may vary according to that situation, but I now think I have predicted too high for the total attendance.

• 7000, 1800 wycombe, 3.1 win

• I don’t think chesterfield will sell their end out. A fairly dismal season for them and despondent set of fans. It’s not a far drive up the m1 from Wycombe and would be great to sell out the away end. Who knows if Stevenage get something from Exeter then it could all be over this weekend!

• 6870 with 1167 Chairboys

• @YorkshireWanderer Thanks to the seven goal swing in goal difference in County’s favour yesterday and them now being just 2 points behind us, it’ll take more than a Stevenage favour.

Two wins. Anything less and we’ll be very lucky to not find ourselves in the playoffs.

6900, 1150 away.

• 7,754 with 993 Chairboys watch us pinch a 1-0 win.

• 1287 away in a crowd of 6239.

Wycombe win 2-0

• 6112 with 1148 away support 2-1 wycombe

• Is it advance tickets only for Chesterfield?

• @BlueBoy If we won and both Exeter and Notts County drew we would be all but up - only a minimum 8 goal swing in Exeter's favour on the final day could stop it.

• 5902 with 854 blued. 2-1 to us, simply because anything less than a win will be catastrophic.

• Got to be taking 1500 minimum

• You said 2,500 last week!

• Yes that's what I think, but any less than 1500 on the day we win promotion is pretty poor in my opinion

• Think we'll be just shy of 1,000

Similar to that port Vale game

• Would be long odds I would think on us actually winning promotion at Chesterfield

• @LeedsBlue said:
    BlueBoy If we won and both Exeter and Notts County drew we would be all but up - only a minimum 8 goal swing in Exeter's favour on the final day could stop it.

Absolutely, and I’d bite your hand off for such a scenario. My thinking is more that the weekends results brought County right back into it and I expect one of them and Exeter, if not both, to win their remaining games. Nothing would please me more than being wrong.

• County and exeter will draw on Saturday, we will win and so are up barring a huge goal difference swimy on the final day

• @BlueBoy I agree. But I also expected Exeter to beat Crawley...

• With over 700 sold any sub 1000 predictions should renew

• Seeing that i'll go 1,206 Chairboys.

• 6949 with 1674 from Wycombe.
    I won't predict a score because I did for the 1st time on Saturday and we all know how that went...

• 6800 with 1258 chairpersons. 1 - 2 until match abandoned when a Luton fan runs on pitch to tell Gareth he is a liar.

• Blimey, has the virus spread that much - Gareth having to make a comeback.

• @micra he'll run all the way to the dug-out. Still full of Haribo and celebration shandy wearing a nathan Jones face mask.

• Gotcha.

• Looking at their forum...it will be tricky to predict as they are not sure whether or not to bother turning up, never mind invading the pitch, etc etc.

• With 940 sold (as at approx 9am this morning) im feeling fairly confident with a prediction of between 1200-1300

• GA said on Twitter that Bayo and 09 ‘would travel.’ But that’s true of about 1000 other sfrom High Wycombe!