Skip to content

Match day thread: Accrington

Comments

• Who's nervous?

• On a scale of 1-10, 5 but rising.

• No need to be nervous, we have the fire power to get over the line, huge crowd, great win, couple with crawley winning 4.0

• Don't worry guys, plenty of Wanderers to go round. Just £1.50 from the WWISC stand - pick yours up early to avoid disappointment!

Enjoy the game everyone, I'll be stuck in Monmouth this afternoon, but I'll see you on the 5th.

• Live match commentary will be on BBC3CR 630/1161 MW & iFollow.

This afternoon we will have the company of @BallroomBill COYB!

• Thanks to Phil and Bill - a top team - I am sure those that go will do there best to create a backdrop to your excellent commentary for those who don't. Up the Blues.

• Is it acceptable to stick the £36 in my betfair account on Accy at 10/3? It would cheer me up if we lose and I’d be delighted if I lost the bet as well.

• @arnos_grove That would guarantee a draw

• That seems like good odds to me. But no. What are the odds on a 0-0?

• On a scale of 1-10 my nerves are at 8. I intend to conserve my energy until kick off time when I will be like a coil waiting to spring. I understand from a friend who lives in Burnley that Stanley players have been on the booze all week. I doubt if that is true as I suspect that he is only trying to calm my nerves.

• It might sound a touch naive on my part but how about we all forget our differences of opinion for a couple of weeks, starting today? No moaning about time wasting,
    no slagging off players when they make a mistake, no offering GA ‘advice’ on what he should be doing.
    It might be a long time before an opportunity like this comes round again so let’s make the most of it.

• Completely disagree

• @Vital said:
    arnos_grove That would guarantee a draw

I could live with that.

• @glasshalffull said:
    It might sound a touch naive on my part but how about we all forget our differences of opinion for a couple of weeks, starting today? No moaning about time wasting,
    no slagging off players when they make a mistake, no offering GA ‘advice’ on what he should be doing.
    It might be a long time before an opportunity like this comes round again so let’s make the most of it.

Might as well shut the Gasroom then. Possibly the daftest post ever.

• I was obviously talking about presenting a united front whilst at matches, not on social media. I’ll leave you out of the equation then.

• No more straw man arguments, ad hominem attacks on other posters or anti-intellectualism. Could be good.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Might as well shut the Gasroom then. Possibly the daftest post ever.

Not even in the top 10 daftest posts. Dev and his alter ego Richie top that more or less every day.

• One wycombe!

• My younger daughter was born this day 8 years ago so here I am in a trampoline fun park in Chichester .

Please cheer the lads on for me .

• COME ON YOU BLUES

• @arnos_grove said:
    Is it acceptable to stick the £36 in my betfair account on Accy at 10/3? It would cheer me up if we lose and I’d be delighted if I lost the bet as well.

Never! All or nothing my friend

• @drcongo Yes. I put £10 on yesterday at 3-1 (for much the same reasons). But regardless of that how good are those odds for a team that has won 15 of their last 18 games?

@glasshalffull if we are wasting time by trying (failing) to keep the ball by their corner flag i’ll Be well happy (assuming that it is because we are winning and not hanging on for a draw)

• COME ON WYCOMBE!!!!!

• I like the lineup. PCH with a point to prove, and Kashket overdue another goal or two?

• Oh so close twice there. I hate and respect their keeper already!

• The Shambles Strikes Back

• brown is utterly shit