Skip to content

Accrington (h) attendance prediction

Comments

• edited April 2018

Update with a spreadsheet - I believe new predictions from @essex_wanderer, @glasshalffull, @rmjlondon and @eric_plant although I have only been carrying names over on the spreadsheet for the last 4 or 5 games.
    We have a total of 25 predictions: an average for the total crowd of 6098 and of those we think a very creditable 5711 will be with us all the way. We think 382 will make what is probably a long journey to support Accrington.

I think that level of support, unforced, not quid a kid, will help the team. So although I was cautious with my attendance prediction, I will throw caution to the expected breeze and predict us a famous and thunderous 3 - 0 victory.

Here is where the spreadsheet is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l4MaBKcbj3b-YK6ghI1JhgyW3UZ94hnIUAc-tZq-x60/edit?usp=sharing

• 6056 including 289 away - 2-0 Wycombe

• 7890, 650 Accrington, 4.3 to us

• @wycombelad said:
    7890, 650 Accrington, 4.3 to us

That’s the most outrageous prediction ever @wycombelad ! If you win I will buy you a season ticket.

• 6844 with 578 from accy. I’d love a 4 3 win, not sure my heart could take that, I’ll go for a narrow 1 - 0 to the chairboys

• 6433 (287 Accrington).

3-0 Wycombe

• 6454 - 301 Accy

3-2 to Wycombe

• 6537 - 456 Accy.

2 - 2 draw. A Desmond.

• 15 non-runners. Come on lads and lasses.

• I just spoke to the ticket office and 5000+ sold........didn't ask about accy

• @na104 said:
    6844 with 578 from accy. I’d love a 4 3 win, not sure my heart could take that, I’ll go for a narrow 1 - 0 to the chairboys

So would I but I'm not sure that a narrow 1-0 win is any better for the heart than a 4-3

• can't see it being 6000 plus if only 5000 sold now.

• If 5000 have been sold as of 1pm on Friday I’d imagine around 6000 is going to be about right (making my own prediction slightly optimistic). There must still be quite a few people that will leave it late or pay on the day.

• exactly - not as though the game is all ticket is it?

Get there nice and early everyone would be my advice. Exciting scenes

• Just spoke to Matt Cecil - we've sold 5.2k already, and Accy 300, although a lot are expected to travel down on the day. I'm going 6,551 with 635 from Stanley. They could win the league tomorrow don't forget.

• very ambitious, how many will we get v Stevenage if we need to win ???

• @micra said:
    That’s the most outrageous prediction ever wycombelad ! If you win I will buy you a season ticket.

I'll enjoy the season free

• 6067 with 362 from Accrington.

2-1 win for Wycombe. Tyson and an OG.

• OK.....with new facts available now, a slight adjustment to my prediction from me:
    5983 (don't think I can change the away).

• @micra said:
    That’s the most outrageous prediction ever wycombelad ! If you win I will buy you a season ticket.

have we ever had 8000 or close for a league game ??

• Many Richie and a handful over 9000.

Not so much in the last couple of years though.

• @wycombelad said:
    I'll enjoy the season free

Not with a half season-ticket you won’t!

• Highest at Adams Park is 9,625 v Notts County 2nd May 2009 - not sure we could beat that now, I think the capacity has been reduced to somewhere near that figure. See http://www.chairboys.co.uk/history/adamspark-attendances.htm

• 3 games to go, 2 point lead, playing top of the table, good weather, why not near 8000, I also feel 600 at least from Accrington, they might win the title

• How many were at that Slough game Steve?

And I don't mean the official attendance!

• Plus over 5200 sold already, with lots without tickets....I'm optimistic

• @eric_plant, I've only been told more than was declared!

• @wycombelad said:
    3 games to go, 2 point lead, playing top of the table, good weather, why not near 8000, I also feel 600 at least from Accrington, they might win the title

If we're expecting 2800 people to show up needing tickets perhaps we should have a separate spreadsheet for how long kick-off will be delayed by...

• @Steve_Peart about 3,000 more at least I'd say!

That has to be the biggest crowd ever at Adams Park I'd say

• @Steve_Peart said:
    Highest at Adams Park is 9,625 v Notts County 2nd May 2009 - not sure we could beat that now, I think the capacity has been reduced to somewhere near that figure. See http://www.chairboys.co.uk/history/adamspark-attendances.htm

Not sure many people paid that day!