Skip to content

Match day thread: Lincoln

Comments

• @bigred87 said:
    Actually embarrassing ainsworth should feel ashamed pathetic really is

Translation please.

• Accy are up so hopefully they’ll take their foot off the gas at least we’ve got the rest of the week to work on plan b now. For anyone who watched the game how did Saunders play?

• Or at least reassemble with words in right order.

• @micra said:
    Translation please.

Punctuation/capitalization would assist.

• If English is not your first language, I apologise.

• Mmm....might have quoted the wrong thing......sorry @micra.

• The Lincoln POV

so, to summarise: disallowed goal for no apparent reason, awful refereeing, time-wasting from the first minute, gamesmanship and cynical fouls. Not how I would imagine an Ainsworth team.

Our reputation not quite spread as far as Lincolnshire yet?

Who cares we are third in the league.

• Very good point. Sets things up for a huge game on Saturday.

• I'd call it brilliant tactics in the circumstances. Two teams that are almost mirror images play out a critical draw in the midst of a Wycombe injury crisis.

• No apparent reason? According to a neutral quoted by @bluntphil Matt Rhead gave El-Abd a mighty shove.

• Sorry Dev, I don’t really do acronyms or abbreviations and I thought the words which followed were yours.
    Point of View I assume.

• Indeed Dr Livingstone

• Ha, ha, I've fallen into the same trap (well, at least from my POV!).

• In my mind that was a point won.

Lincoln must be disappointed not to have won, especially after the first half.

Wycombe have not impressed in the last two games and they need to improve for Accrington´s visit on Saturday.

Thought we really missed Gape and O´Nien tonight, some spark or flair was missing.
    Crossing my fingers that Bayo´s injury is not serious and hopefully he will recover soon, hopefully fit for to take part in the last three games.

If Bayo is out for the next game, should Ainsworth play Mackail-Smith upfront?

• edited April 2018

@DevC said:
    The Lincoln POV

so, to summarise: disallowed goal for no apparent reason, awful refereeing, time-wasting from the first minute, gamesmanship and cynical fouls. Not how I would imagine an Ainsworth team.

Our reputation not quite spread as far as Lincolnshire yet?

Who cares we are third in the league.

It was a clear push for the disallowed goal, lucky not to be booked it was that blatant.

We took our time for set pieces, but nothing extreme, the home fans were screaming that we weren't sprinting after the ball/ after Brown had it on his hands for 2 seconds.

They were the dirtiest team I've seen in a couple of years and we were lucky it was only bayo who got injured with the amount of late boots and off the ball niggles.

Good battling point and could have snatched it second half

• Going to be very nervy now with Exeter right behind us. However, we have a lot of experienced players in the squad that have been in this position before. The team is third on merit and I think we we will just about have enough.

• English is not my first language, I'm from high Wycombe............I wasn't on about the result, it was the time wasting!

• Walking back to the car through through the Lincoln throngs they certainly weren’t impressed. All agreed that we got what we came for.

First half awful but I actually enjoyed the last 35 minutes or so of the second half. We weren’t great but created a few chances. I naturally thought that Lincoln would sneak a late winner but thinking back I don’t think they had a serious effort on goal in the last half hour.

JJ man of the match for me, but Harriman looking better.

Good point though.

• Though Paris did okay when he came on. Nothing there to me to suggest he wasn’t trying or not interested

• @username Absolutely spot on assessment.

@na104 it wasn't Saunders' kind of game, but he battled well, some neat touches especially 2nd half. didn't look like he'd been out for a while. But of course, he has to go and pick up a knock right at the very end...

• edited April 2018

By the way, "monumental" support tonight. Drummer boy was drumming out of his skin. Singers were singing non-stop. Haven't seen the numbers, but the positive energy was clearly appreciated by the players. JJ even stopped to applaud, on his way to take a corner, mid-way through the second half.

• 393 Wycombe fans, one of the best away atmospheres ever I would say, never stopped singing all game. I have no voice left

• Hope everyone else got home ok, thankfully we avoided the A46 diversion and closure chaos and got the A1, I know some others not so fortunate. Even then still roadworks on the m25 and the m40 slip was closed. Not a great journey but unreal support from us tonight. If we go up I'll feel sure that's the point that edged it for us

• @bigred87 said:
    Actually embarrassing ainsworth should feel ashamed pathetic really is

You’re the one who should feel ashamed. With a stack of injuries, a horrible pitch and windy conditions, physical opposition and promotion within reach and you criticise us for time wasting! Unbelievable.

• We've just got home after a few diversions.

It was a great point tonight and a good old fashioned midweek atmosphere.

I thought the players had incredible fitness tonight, especially when you consider the age of most of them out there and how many are carrying knocks.

• LX1LX1
    edited April 2018

Scrappy game. Marcus Bean dominated

• @bigred87 has been identified as an mk troll hasn't he?

• Hello

A final chance to post on your forum after last night's game.

Personally I really enjoyed the game- first half particularly was a great advert for EFL2 football- several chances at both ends, full blooded commitment from both teams and a great atmosphere from both sets of fans.

On the night your game plan worked better than ours- every manager has a game plan for every game and GA understood how to get a point last night. Several times this season (most notably Carlisle away on Easter Monday) we worked it to our advantage and you worked it well last night.

A point puts in back in 6th with a game in hand over Mansfield- our finishing quality in final third was a little off last night but football is about what you make it so WWFC deserve a lot of credit for playing at a tough ground, with a crowd baying at your players and the ref (but you'll notice not your fans), in really tough weather conditions on a pitch which has been poor since Janaury. Ref wasn't the best I've seen and 4 yellow cards for WWFC and 0 for LCFC may not reflect the whole game as WWFC fans would see it. We play to our game plan away from home and if the ref isn't on the ball we will continue as you did and fair play to that.

Finally the air raid siren!

Lincolnshire was known as "Bomber" county during WW2 and the famous Dambusters squadron (the 617 squadron) were based only 14 miles from Lincoln. Thats why our "boys" in the singing section are called 617 squadron. Passionate about LCFC, they formed around 10 years ago to make some noise at LCFC games.

The air raid siren is unique in EFL to my knowledge and is manually cranked when we have a corner- it is a bit of a homage to our roots during WW2 and if, at any point, it makes a opposition defending lose their focus for a split second and we score then it is worthwhile.

That's all- if I get the chance to write again if we meet next season then all of us will be either really elated or really disappointed.

Good luck in the last 3 games

• He has. Michael Kenneth Troll. Formerly Michelle Karen.

• I shan't bite for it is a beautiful day.....