Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth (Round 2)

With the usual jibes about crowd numbers and non-league I'm going to quote Mark Twain "It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."

Comments

• edited May 2015

Just come on!

• Who cares about numbers, we will be far more vocal tonight that plynouth were on sat, they cant do anymore than we did, whixh was sing for 90 mins. So game on

• That's very good BSE and I happen to agree, it's about football now and not some rambling fools so called banter. Can't wish you guys luck no more than you can us but should you go through I honestly hope you go on to win promotion, nothing much to like with the other two is there. Enjoy the game

• I fear for us with Lynch. They will pepper the box with crosses and shoot from everywhere. I also wouldn't have started Hogan. I'll happily be proved wrong

• GET IN!!!

• So far so good!!

• Looking good...but if they score two in the last ten minutes again....then it's extra time.

• U mean 3? And Kraków goes wild!!! ( well, small round of applause ?? wtf? )

• Mawson is my favourite player of all time. He's a monster.

• Lynch should start at Wembley???

• Well done lynch! And ephraim.

• AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHBANANAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

• @argylephil, the green grass, has certainly turned quarter blue lalalalalala.

• Lynch was f...ing awesome, Lunch was f..ing awesome lalalallala.

• The grass has turned blue. Wycombe we love you. Wembly here we come!!!!

• Although I didn't think it at the time, I'm delighted we were under pressure in the second half so that Lynch got the chance to show everyone what he can do and build his confidence in case he is required at Wembley.

• Lynch the wily cat, did everything that was expected of him. Everyone put a shit in, Hogan must of taken a leaf from this forum, as he got stuck in and did what we expected of him with some slick paces too. Well done lads...

• @Ciderk1d said:
    Everyone put a shit in...

Nerves, I expect.

• Looks like it's Southend...

• @Ned_Ludd, just given Hogan some credit, as I haven't been impressed with his shift lately, but, Yes they did us all proud.

• @Ciderk1d said:
    Ned_Ludd, just given Hogan some credit, as I haven't been impressed with his shift lately, but, Yes they did us all proud.

I know what you meant. You summed up the tension of the evening perfectly though!

• What a fantastic night. The early goal was hugely important.

From Torquay to Wembley. Unbelievable.

• Highlights Sky Sports 1 at 12.30am.

• Ainsworth won us this match. Second half, Plymouth came out all guns blazing with their change of shape and subs but switching Yenarris and Bean was a stroke of genius and worked perfectly.

• Also, the way Ainsworth conducted himself on 3CR was simply brilliant. Especially as it came after Graham Westley's interview.

• Wembley, Wembley, we're the mighty Wycombe Wanderers and we're off to Wembley

• Thought that every player gave their all nice more tonight.mthe pace and skill in the first half was replaced by grit and guts in the second. So much to be proud of

• Ah well, at least @ArgylePhillis should crawl back under that rock using all six toes & webbed feet!

• Plymouth goal clearly offside. Still, who cares?