Skip to content

No match day thread

2»

Comments

• *If Lincoln beat us.

I don't care if they can bear us!

• Well that was a poor set of results. 2 above, and 2 below all winning. Doh.

We need Accy to come through and beat Exeter next week. The good thing is that have maximum motivation to do so, as that'd seal promotion for them.

• @Shev said:
    Even Lincoln can be a threat if they bear us and win their game in hand. Unless Notts County run the table and the rest of us faceplant, I think the final spot has to be between us, Exeter and Lincoln.

Wish I could get to Lincoln- hope the faithful who make it inspire us to victory. Otherwise @Shev’s point is a good one.

• Lincoln would be requiring a lot of ifs and butts. Win against us, win their game in hand, keep momentum going and still need all of us, Exeter and Notts County to disappear.

We'll certainly need the experienced heads now. 5 games left, and just a 2point margin?

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Twizz Zoko's was violent conduct. But I'm talking about Dickson's...

Yeovil’s Dickson, if he plays at Swindon on Tuesday, will be able to play against us. Zoko won’t unless Yeovil win an appeal.
    Their 9 (Browne) was subbed after 21 minutes so I presume injured. Swindon will be a hard game (I hope!).

• Think that might be the end of Zoko's season. He got sent off earlier in the season, then got a further 2 game suspension for reaching 10 points in February. He must be due at least another 4 games for this sending off.

• Chances are, Stanley will be up before we play them at AP. Even if they don't beat Exeter, surely they will have too much for Yeovil. This would then leave them still partying in their heads, as we've seen often in recent years, when the form dips after the goal has been reached.

• It's incredible that 6 of the last 9 games Accrington have won 1-0. We need to make sure they don't score first!

• At the end of the day we can’t affect the results of those around us. Today may be a kick in the teeth but we’ve just got to remain positive and win our games. It’s in our hands COYB!

• Too true @MightyWanderer look after ourselves and we’ll reap our rewards. #believe

• Yes, overcoming is not supposed to be a walk in the park. Exeter won their game fair and square (I assume!). I am sure teams around us felt similarly when we beat Carlisle, Crewe etc.

• A bad weekend of results, but next week could swing back our way. if Accy beat Exeter and we get a win, that'd be a huge lift of 5 points ahead with 4 to go.

If Exeter won at Accy though...well, best not thinking about it

• I'd have loved to have had a 4/5 point to Exeter after yesterdays results. However, if we win 5/5 we go up. Remains in our hands and that's the important thing.

• Four wins and a draw would probably be enough given our better goal difference over Exeter - even if they take maximum points - given that we would be taking points from Lincoln on the way.

I actually think 10 points will do it, if we avoid defeat by Lincoln as they still have to play both Coventry & Accrington.

I'm sure it will go to the last game with us, Exeter and an outside chance of Lincoln still in with a chance though.

• A win on the last day to take us up. We'd all settle for that, even though it'd one nervous affair.

• Next Saturday could be key. We need to at least keep the gap between us and Exeter. Anything else I think will see them as favourites. I’d like to think that 4 points from the next 3 games would still see us 3rd with 2 games to go. But definitely squeaky bum time now

• Blimey! we still have Yeovil away, very tough, Accrington home and Lincoln away extremely tough and Chesterfield away battling for survival and the only one I see as slightly easier is the Stevenage game. I hope we can do it but they way some are talking its like a stroll in the park. I think we will need favours

• In a way I'd rather be playing teams with something at stake. More likely to be nervous or at least cautious. Mansfield had nothing to play for at Bristol Rovers.

• Stevenage at home will not be an easier game

• @Onlooker absolutely right it wont. They are all a nightmare to be honest. I just put them in order of nightmares!

• Listen to you all...we're third with a decent experienced team that scores goals. It's not like we're looking at these games battling for survival, is it? The Notts County performance showed we need fear nobody so let's enjoy the situation we're in and hope any nerves don't transmit to the players in the next few weeks.

• I wonder if Anthony Stewart is any closer.
    That’s not to disparage Sido and, in truth, there’s barely time for AS to reach full fitness but, on balance, I think we’d be marginally more secure at the back and would have the option of Sido’s extra height at right back and the opportunity for Harri to play wide right in the continued absence of PCH.

Agree with @bookertease. Already squeaky bum time. In nine days time the situation should be much clearer, one way or the other.

If we do wind up in the playoffs, our prospects would be much enhanced if Stewart, Saunders, PCH, Kashket and Jombati were all available.

• Col u supporting colleague reckons accie were lucky at the weekend, Lee's goal was a lucky rebound. You me at know we might get something out of them!

• ' You never know' that should read. Damn new technology.

• Swindon and Mansfield off the radar now after tonight's results (unless it goes catastrophically wrong)

• Indeed! We only need one win to mathematically guarantee at least playoffs now!

• "It's all gonna be magnificent (she said)"