Skip to content

Agent Fees - 2nd from bottom of fees paid. 3rd in the table. Not too bad

Comments

• Wonder if Chesterfield think that £80k is well spent at the moment

• edited April 2018

Some of the Conference figures are eye-opening; we spent less on agents fees than Barrow, Guiseley, Eastleigh, Halifax and Salford (plus a fair few others).

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/rules-and-regulations/2017-18/intermediary-fees---1-february-2017---31-january-2018.ashx

• Our figure is low because of the very low number of signings this season.

• Thanks @mooneyman, I understand how this all works.

• Didn't we say not that long ago that we "wouldn't" spend any money on agents?

• Interesting that Henry Newcombe is one of our six transactions. The club wouldn't have paid out if they didn't think he had a future. The others are Cowan-Hall, El-Abd, Stewart, Moore and Freeman.

• In that period we signed some pretty high profile players. Tyson, Gape, CMS, AEA surely would of has agents. Plus loans for Eze etc and a new contract for Bayo. Money well spent

• I see that Sunderland, who we could conceivably be playing next season, spent nearly £4.4 million!

• edited April 2018

And as a measure of how hard it will be to be competitive in the higher divisions, I see that League two team paid a collective £950,000 while League one teams paid £3.5 million and Championship clubs a breathtaking £42 million. Hats off to Millwall there, by the way, who are competing for the playoffs while spending 10-20% of most of their competitors and less than 5% of what Villa have spent. £5.5 million. On agents' fees alone. How can they afford it?!

• Christ, look at Mansfield. I’m sure NONE of that cash mysteriously found its way into the since-departed Steve Evans’ hot little hands.

• HCblue Villa still getting Premier League parachute payments , a roll of the dice to get back into the financial big time, which is why The Championship playoff final is the single biggest money game in world football .