Skip to content

Tisdale/Exeter

Interesting article in the times about tisdale/Exeter and how Tisdale in particular feels let down by the way he was treated by fans with excessive expectations for a small financially uncompetitive supporter owned club. For those not aware, during an injury hit poor run of form the supporters voted to instruct their board to serve notice on the manager. that notice expires later this year. At present it looks like Tisdale may then walk away.

Due to paywall cant post the article here,but its text is reproduced seventh post down (0740) here
http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?59901-Tisdale-quot-The-whole-thing-has-been-hurtful-quot&s=a1946915d42b3a9a097406aa45808e32

As the article notes, their form recovered and they reached the playoffs that season and look set to do at least the same this year. A salutary lesson perhaps.

Have to say I would be very happy if tisdale came here if GA leaves over the summer. Whether he would want to join a cash strapped club with perhaps excessive fan expectations must be doubtful however.

Comments

• I'll bite, what excessive expectations do Wycombe fans have?

• @peterparrotface said:
    I'll bite, what excessive expectations do Wycombe fans have?

Champions League football by the end of the next five year plan!

• Not sure it is worth getting into a discussion about expectations, peter. I think it is an interesting article about the situation at perhaps our closest comparative club with echoes perhaps of our situation.

Not sure there is any such thing as a typical Wycombe supporter (or that of any other club for that matter) but I suspect if GA chooses to head off this summer, the new manager will very quickly come "under pressure" (the new euphemism I understand) very quickly from a section of the supporter base if the club is low mid table in lg2 or in the bottom six lg1.

• A "come and get me" notice from Tisdale to potential future employers. With a bit of luck, this coming out now will have a negative effect on Exeter's performances between now and the end of the season, which would be a positive for Wycombe.

• Dev's favourite game this. Imaginary scenario, imagining behaviour from Wycombe fans he doesn't agree with, getting all superior about it

• Hopefully that does throw Exeter off a little. They still look a danger.

Expectations are a funny thing. I must admit generally I'd expect Wycombe to be challenging for playoffs when we're in this league, except for the season after we almost went down, where just not being in the mix to go down was it!

That's why that season felt so magical, even compared to this one so far.

• What if - bear with me here - Gareth stays and establishes us in league one before he goes? Crazy i know.

• That was the end of the plan in fairness. Not just getting there, being sustainable there

• I always remember Paul Lambert telling me he couldn't play the younger players as the pressure from the Wycombe fans to win was as high as he had ever known.

Not really too sure if that was or is true but we do have a vocal minority who have some pretty unrealistic expectations.

• @DevC said:
    Not sure it is worth getting into a discussion about expectations, peter. I think it is an interesting article about the situation at perhaps our closest comparative club with echoes perhaps of our situation.

Not sure there is any such thing as a typical Wycombe supporter (or that of any other club for that matter) but I suspect if GA chooses to head off this summer, the new manager will very quickly come "under pressure" (the new euphemism I understand) very quickly from a section of the supporter base if the club is low mid table in lg2 or in the bottom six lg1.

Oh

• Once you've made an assumption based on an assumption based on an assumption I'm not sure any discussion will solve it.

• Everything is an assumption, other than our own existence.

• Well said Chris. Where's the Gasroom Solipsism Klaxon when you need it?

• @Chris said:
    Everything is an assumption, other than our own existence.

So you are a solipsist then. Does that mean that Dev doesn't really exist?

• @mooneyman it’s a possibility that he’s (like the rest of the Gasroom) a creation from within your own thoughts. Seems unlikely though.

• I think as far as we're concerned, fan expectations have lessened a bit compared with a decade or so ago, and quite rightly so. A lot of the time, it's quite pleasant now sitting in the Frank Adams Upper; with one or two obvious exceptions, most people there seem quite happy about things most of the time.

• It’s also possible of course (some would say more likely than not), that we’re all living in a simulation. If that is the case, then Dev has presumably been programmed as a chaos monkey.

• please sir, I want to be a chaos monkey.

• You'very got a monkey!?

• You've

• I think we should sign a chaos monkey as soon as possible for when Bayo retires. I hear they cause havoc in the box!