Skip to content

Notts County (a) attendance prediction

Comments

• no more will be sent now surely with the game so close ???

• 7777 with 1111, 0-1 Bayo

• Only 80 left as of 5:00pm when I collected mine

• edited March 2018

Our predictions in a table -

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jJhmQIKNrd97rGEWxaDraftQtuKYb4HXnn5K3nMppFM/edit?usp=sharing

To date we reckon on average 970 of us in a total crowd of 8599.

I predict the score as 2 - 2, with us to come back from 2 - 0

• 1121 Chairboys in a crowd of 8214. 2-2 draw

• 9306 with 930 chairboys. A miserable 2-0 defeat

• @bookertease said:
    9306 with 930 chairboys. A miserable 2-0 defeat

Oh ye.........

• 8850 with 908 in blue. A last minute 1-0 home win, following on from the ref missing a blatant foul (as always), robbing Wycombe of a well deserved point having successfully kept the ball in the corner for a record 89 minutes.

• County will be desperate to win...which, if we can keep it tight at the back, gives us a fighting chance to get something. Pressure is on them.

• Given that we have now sold 800, I will amend my away attendance prediction to 874 :)

• 74 pay on the day? That's miserable to say the least! At least 300 pay on the day....I am one of many who will be

• edited March 2018

@DJWYC14 said:
    Given that we have now sold 800, I will amend my away attendance prediction to 874 :)

Very pessimistic! Normally a good 3/400 pay on the day for a big game like this! Me and my friends are buying 7 on the day!

• Maybe it's because I grew up with my parents having to watch the pennies and teaching me to do the same, but I don't get why people who know in advance that they are going to go to a match don't buy in advance and take advantage of the discounted ticket prices that are usually available.

Why deliberately choose to have to queue up on the day and spend more money (contributing a greater amount to the funds of an opposition club and denying Wycombe Wanderers any commission that they may receive for selling the advance tickets) when you can save money and simply walk up to the turnstile for access on the day?

Buying in advance also gets the ticket purchase recorded, which avoids having to mess about showing ticket stubs to get tickets for matches where availability is limited. Seems like a win-win to me.

• For some people the time cost of buying in advance is not worth the saving made. For a couple of quid the flexibility and opportunity cost can be good value for money for some.

• My 1117 based on my 'intelligence of ticket sales' suggested by @micra maybe doesn't look too shabby.
    Still believe we should be taking 1500ish but there you go.

• Sadly I cannot make it ticketless or otherwise because of work...be the twelfth or even thirteenth man people...

• @Uncle_T after a variety of ticket cock ups which I have sadly witnessed at away games with wycombe, unless I can physically get to Adams Park then I wont buy in advance from wwfc, purely because I have seen people ticketless at a few away games, rather pay two pound extra than have tone wonder what is going on and have a load of hassle looking for tickets which are not there or have been misplaced, or not posted in time.
    Several examples of this over the last couple of seasons. If I can physically get them from the club in advance then I absolutely will, but this is not practical for all

• At Notts County it is also easy, arrive in plenty of time, stroll to the ticket office and then get through the turnstile, as easily as those who have got them from wycombe

• It will be in excess of 1000. Probably nearer 1400. Support away has increased even for games over 100 Miles away. Reminds me of the Burton game in our Wembley play off year, similar expectancy and timing and distance. Our support has regained some if it's previous levels since then.

• I think the fact that it is Good Friday will have a bearing on numbers. I’m sure I’m by no means alone in going away for Easter and I just wish the Yeovil game was this week. But any total in excess of 1000 seems terrific to me.

I hope it will be a thoroughly enjoyable day out and that we don’t lose. I’m a renowned worrier about who will and who won’t be fit to play and the reference to Luke O’Nien’s knee problem after his recent batterings probably causes me more concern than anything (as I said before last Saturday’s game).

• Does @clifty04 know if the seems fat bald men have tickets, next time you serve them from the ticket office, please tell them to calm their actions, incider tally how many tickets have we sold for Yeovil? And how many do we get for chesterfield?

• @M3G said:
    It will be in excess of 1000. Probably nearer 1400. Support away has increased even for games over 100 Miles away. Reminds me of the Burton game in our Wembley play off year, similar expectancy and timing and distance. Our support has regained some if it's previous levels since then.

That was my first ever away game following Wycombe!

• The prediction spreadsheet is now ordered for the away crowd now rather than the total as there appears to be quite an interest in how many of us go. Indeed there are more predictions of the away crowd than for the total attendance.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jJhmQIKNrd97rGEWxaDraftQtuKYb4HXnn5K3nMppFM/edit?usp=sharing

Information about ticket sales might raise the question: "Should I change my prediction?"
    So new small print - anyone can change their prediction for the away crowd, but not the overall prediction - ie you can convert notional magpies into Wycombe Supporters, if you wish, at the stroke of a keyboard. I intend to update the spreadsheet Thursday evening and maybe Friday am if I have time.

The prize - which as always is for the total crowd - has been upgraded to a programme from the game - and in the likely event of Bayo scoring coinciding with very unlikely event of of me seeing him after the game I will get him to autograph it.

Prediction ephemera:

At the moment we say 6 for the home win, 4 for the draw and 8 for a glorious away win.

The most popular score is 2 - 0 to Notts County and the second most popular is 2 -3 to us.

• Thanks @railwaysteve, I can see that we'll exceed my previous prediction and I'll now go for 970 Blue's out of the 9860 total.

• @Uncle_T , it's how you look at it.

Is saving £2 worth it, versus the risk of shelling £25 out and not being able to go?
    Does £2 to the average fan matter than much in a £50 total day out spend?

Is it even as many as most teams that do discounts anyway?

• Our away support is superb in size and numbers

Over 1000 to Notts would be impressive

• I'll go with 1020 blues in a crowd of 9650. Final score 2-3. Winning goal in 5+ of added time.

• Staggeringly only 10 fans separate the away following prediction of myself, @NorsQuarters, @railwaysteve, @Manboobs and @Glenactico....

• Staggering. Absolutely staggering

• I'm going to amend my previous prediction to 8337 with 1047 Chairboys. Still a narrow 1-0 defeat though ...