Skip to content

Comments

• edited March 2018

Surprise surprise, as soon as a team get a result out of us we aren't cheats but one of the best in the league. Also, Danish Valiant is an arsehole.

• danish valaint is a prick, has no idea st all...has 36 goals in almost 2 seasons...wycombe legend !

• Speaks volumes for GA that opposing fans highlight him as a class act.

• And what a pity that a minority of our (mainly younger) fans don’t treat him with the same respect.

• maybe his lack of a Plan B is the problem.

• Clearly a troll post! #findalife!

• come on if we had beaten Port Vale we would be 6 points clear in 3rd and almost home and hosed, 4 point is a lovely cushion but Coventry and Exeter need to slip up for us to feel fully comfortable.

• If we’d beaten Cambridge and Port Vale we’d be level on points with Accrington and Luton. But, as they say, if ifs and ands were pots and pans there’d be no need for tinkers.

• @rmjlondon said:
    maybe his lack of a Plan B is the problem.

Think you’ve just proved my point.

• Bayo is not god he can be subbed. Im sure other players wonder if he is unsubbable which isnt a word lol

• At the risk of upsetting @Right_in_the_Middle have you anything positive to say about your team manager and players @rmjlondon ?

• It's a fair point though, we are a one plan team, which on the whole is working for us this season, but you can see why people get frustrated when we're not winning

• @Username fair point indeed...but we almost nicked it and looked more likely to in my opinion. I would genuinely like to find out what Richie likes about a team he spends most of his posts disparaging (besides discounts in the shop.)

• Exceptional lack of knowledge from a couple of those posters. It's like being on here.

Bayo goes down easily does he? He barely ever goes over. It takes excessive force to even move him!

For a guy past his best he's on track for a record goal haul isn't he?

• @Username said:
    It's a fair point though, we are a one plan team, which on the whole is working for us this season, but you can see why people get frustrated when we're not winning

As you say, we have a system that works and although Bayo is obviously central to that system GA has played 4-3-3, 4-4-2 and also a diamond this season so we’re not entirely one dimensional. It’s a brave decision to take off your leading scorer who clearly frightens opposition defenders and has scored several late goals this season.
    I’m happy to leave it to the manager’s judgement.

• I know what people mean but...we're third and we've got a plan that is on the whole working...but when it doesn't work...it's not working. Do you use the plan that is almost always working...or abandon it? It would be a brave decision to take off Bayo...especially if it did not turn a draw into a win and there are no games left for anyone to applaud GA experimenting too much with the line-up. A dilemma I'm glad I do not have...although of course I demur to more expert Gasroomers.

• @Malone said:
    Exceptional lack of knowledge from a couple of those posters. It's like being on here.

Bayo goes down easily does he? He barely ever goes over. It takes excessive force to even move him!

For a guy past his best he's on track for a record goal haul isn't he?

I know the comments that you’re referring to and they were astonishingly stupid. Bayo is not 25 stone, he’s not fat, he’s had a wonderful career and I’m sure he’ll go on for at least a couple more years.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @fame_46 to be fair, like the Carlisle game that we won but not as good as richie wanted...we are third but not as third as richie would like.

• @fame_46 said:
    rmjlondon - what an idiot. Your posts are getting steadily worse......

Which is an impressive feat considering how low the benchmark was to begin with.

• Im sorry but he plays every game which he shouldn't when we have the players we do, I expect when I say I much prefer Adam El Abd to Pierre I will get abused aswell.

• Why do you prefer El Abd to Pierre?

• He is a better player, passer and organiser. has massive experience and brilliant positional sense.

• I much prefer Pierre’s pace and height, and think we would be a lot stronger with him in the side.

Speaking of El Abd, his recent interview on iFollow was a little painful. I hope he is more inspirational on the pitch.

• He is not very bright admittedly but is a very good player at this level.

• I think El Abd and Pierre would make an effective partnership. A shame Pierre may be playing in the division below us next season!

• Personally I think Richie has more of a footballing brain than most on here (I absolutely include myself in that list) - it's just a shame boredom takes over and he feels the need to keep himself entertained by being deliberately provocative.

I'm not sure el-Abd will make an effective League One defender any more, should we get promoted. Then again, it appears Pierre isn't that effective one league above either.

I'm very much in the 'Bayo is not always the solution' camp. He hasn't been so effective since the new year - I make it five goals and six assists in the last three months - and while he has earned the right to play every match, the array of talent up front that we have suggests he doesn't need to play the full 90 every time. In his autobiography he wrote about how he felt he shouldn't be expected to carry the team every match last season and was exhausted by the constant demands on him. Not wanting to state the obvious but he's a year older now and we've subsequently signed CMS and Tyson. It is possible to play a Plan B and even C now; maybe sometimes it might give us a breakthrough we're not getting when Bayo is being successfully stifled.

• @aloysius interesting. I've never seen him write more than a line or two, never really says much before a game or after it, limits himself usually to the idea that GA or this or that player is no good or that he has been proved right about something, so I'll take your word for it with regard to his football brain. You could be right. Less is more.

• Interesting points @aloysius. I seem to recall that CMS was a central striker for most of his career and, along with several others around me (fans not strikers), I thought it might be a good idea to bring him on as a straight replacement for a tiring and clearly frustrated Akinfenwa.

Another striker clearly frustrated was PCH who disappeared down the tunnel when GA made his third substitution. He looked rather glum bringing up the rear, by quite a margin, of the line of players filing into the Caledonian Suite at the 500 Club supper.

• I must admit...I did think earlier in the season that we might see CMS, Tyson and PCH in a front three...with Bayo as a sub but as yet twas not to be.