Skip to content

500 Club

Nice quality move 500 Club, lets not worry about the 500 club members who want to attend this Saturday, lets charge others £10.00 who havent bothered to take up membership to come along to the get together and take up the spaces......thats the second time you've pissed me off. It won't happen again as my hand will not be going into my pocket when you come begging.......you obviously don't need my money........

A VERY VERY PISSED OFF EX-MEMBER

Comments

• Fully agree, I won't be coming on Saturday now, nor will I be subscribing next year.

• @Pete. I don't understand why you are as you say, VERY VERY PISSED OFF, this event has been well publicised to 500 club members all of whom attend at no charge.
    We have all had a couple of months in which we could ask guests if they wanted to attend at a £10 per head charge, we just needed to inform the 500 club and get them added to the guest list.
    If you thought you could just turn up with guests on the day then you either didn't get the communication or chose to ignore it.
    The 500 club can hardly be blamed for 1) charging £10 for additional guests - I intend to use the opportunity to get my guests signed up for next season nor 2) letting everyone know the event is bully booked.
    As a 500 club member you will still be able to attend yourself, provided you acknowledged that you would attend when the event was originally advertised.

Since you don't seek to explain why you are so pissed off I'm going to let others reach their own verdict.

• I didnt get any communication thats why we contacted them this morning to find out what was going on, only to be told that the event was full up. This is not the first time that the lack of simple communication has caused a problem but its not going to matter anymore because I will no longer be contributing

• Interesting. Giving an email address for communication was part of the sign up process as I recall. Certainly I've had emails for the 500 club ...

• @Twizz said:
    Interesting. Giving an email address for communication was part of the sign up process as I recall. Certainly I've had emails for the 500 club ...

Me too.

• I didn't get any emails either.

• I'm just a member so no-one tells me nothing. Except when me tenner is due. Can I press my face up to the window?

• Strange.

I had an email from the 500 Club which looked like this:

500 Club’18 Supper Party

Join your fellow 500 Club’18 members in the Caledonian Suite after the Port Vale game on March 24th at 5 pm.

• Supper will be provided free of charge

• Gareth and the squad will be there

• There will be a raffle for “money can’t buy prizes” and memorabilia

• All 500 Club’18 members are welcome (17/18 season only)

• RSVP essential to obtain entrance

• Bring a friend for only £10 (includes their supper)

It came in early January.

• I received an email on 30 December regarding the change of date to 24 March and two emails within a few minutes of each other on 17 January giving the information quoted by @PeterLerner above.
    It’s sad to hear that someone committed enough to want to help financially is “pissed off” and, assuming that you (@Pete) have indeed provided the necessary contact details, I’m sure someone from the club will be in touch if they haven’t already done so.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    I wouldn't imagine for a minute it was done on purpose

Fully agree with that. GA and the Club are very grateful indeed for the 500 Club contributions and they would certainly never intend to mistreat members. I suspect it's an e-mail issue of some sort.
    On a similar topic; I'm also in the strange position of being unable to buy a ticket online as the system keeps telling me that my mobile number is incorrect (which it isn't). When I delete it and give my home landline, it then tells me that's also incorrect!! I reported it about 2 weeks ago both by e-mail and the link to online support but to no avail (except for Lily who came back to say they were looking at it). The exact same 'fault' happened just before Christmas and that was fixed in a couple of hours. I'm just grumbling I guess and I should get off my bum and chase it up again.

• I had an email.

• The 500 Club event has (in addition to the emails sent to all this season's contributors) been mentioned for some time on both the Trust and club websites.
    Everyone who has contributed is much appreciated but has been given plenty of time and opportunity to book their place at Saturday's event.

• I had an email but unfortunately wrong weekend for me.

• Nothing in response from @Pete or @mooneyman, so one might perhaps assume it was a bit of a wind up in the first place?

• Disappointing that the vere suite is being closed post match on Saturday to allow people who have more money than me to have a post match drink.

• I didn't get the emails but the trust members in the Vere told me about it when I enquired after last home match and I secured my spot as a 500 club member. I understand you are upset but please understand it is a volunteer run scheme and sometimes communication can be missed

• edited March 2018

On another note does the Share Scheme still exist? £15 comes out of my account every month still but haven't heard anything of what it's contributed too recently (previously publicly went towards new floodlights, equipment to get Hayes back from injury quicker). The 500 Club is the only thing mentioned nowadays.
    Effectively as I was already contributing to the Share Scheme, I didn't the 500 Club. Am I better off swapping over?

• @clifty04 said:
    On another note does the Share Scheme still exist? £15 comes out of my account every month still but haven't heard anything of what it's contributed too recently (previously publicly went towards new floodlights, equipment to get Hayes back from injury quicker). The 500 Club is the only thing mentioned nowadays.
    Effectively as I was already contributing to the Share Scheme, I didn't the 500 Club. Am I better off swapping over?

Try this Adam. http://www.wycombewandererstrust.com/2018/02/fans-keep-on-giving-so-we-can-provide

Your £15 per month is still very much appreciated and there is still much to be done. It's a question of sorting out priorities.

• Thanks @AlanCecil - It wasn't a dig, was purely curious as always hear the 500 Club mentioned and little of the Share Scheme nowadays.

• @clifty04 said:
    Thanks AlanCecil - It wasn't a dig, was purely curious as always hear the 500 Club mentioned and little of the Share Scheme nowadays.

Understood.
    The 500 Club was launched to specifically provide funds to supplement the playing budget.
    The Share Scheme was set up in 2014-15 to initially provide working capital for the football club and then to pay for various 'off the pitch' improvements which are still ongoing. Donations like yours are still coming in monthly, annually and as one-offs and these are much appreciated as they often pay for things that the club cannot otherwise afford.
    Anyone wishing to help, please see any Trust Director on match day or email [email protected]

• How about arranging an evening for the Share Scheme contributors to endorse the appreciation of their long-term commitment?

• @JohnnyAllAlone said:
    How about arranging an evening for the Share Scheme contributors to endorse the appreciation of their long-term commitment?

Thanks - that will be considered. They were given an early priority level for the Spurs away FA Cup tie and do of course hold a share certificate that one day may be redeemed. As scheme administrator, i will make sure these contributors are not forgotten though as they do come from far and wide, an evening event may not suit them all!

• Alan, I haven't forgotten my offer to assist with the paperwork. I'm sure I'll catch you Saturday as we're taking our 500 Club prize.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Alan, I haven't forgotten my offer to assist with the paperwork. I'm sure I'll catch you Saturday as we're taking our 500 Club prize.

Thanks. I have it ready for you and will come and find you to handover.

• @AlanCecil thanks. Take your point about location of Share Scheme contributors but surely the same can be said about 500 Club members. I am sure they don’t all live in Wycombe.
    Most Share Scheme contributors have committed to a long-term payment to help the club financially, much the same reason as why the 500 Club Members do their thing. They have not bought these shares as an investment to make a good return. It would be nice for the club to recognise this as they do the 500 Club.

• The fact that we are fan owned and supported financially by supporters is regularly referenced in interviews with the manager, players and board

• Which is such a wonderful thing.

• So wonderful that we have to work hard to keep it wholly supporter owned.

• Hear hear to that.

• edited March 2018

@Steve_Peart said:
    So wonderful that we have to work hard to keep it wholly supporter owned.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Hard work is how OUR supporter owned team have got where they are now and we supporters could perhaps follow suit with a smile? Cheer up Steve, you've given so much to our club over the years and it's time for others to step up to the plate (as they mostly are). Thank you, by the way.