Skip to content

Match day thread: Crawley

sorry for the late thread trouble with the internet might start posting all these the night before!

Comments

• E I E I E I O

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Freeman injured according to Twitter. Hope it's just precautionary he's rested.

• Didn't CMS come off with an injury as well at Barnet?

• How on earth has Williams appeared from nowhere to sit on our bench tonight? Wasn't he sent back to QPR in Jan? Or has he been injured? Or is it a completely different Williams? I'm flummoxed.

Also, no Freeman. Just when it looked like he had played himself into a start he injures himself. Poor guy. Hope he's not out long.

• Interview with Ainsworth just now suggests Freeman could be back for Saturday. Groin strain.

• Any 3CR commentary tonight?

• @aloysius said:
    How on earth has Williams appeared from nowhere to sit on our bench tonight? Wasn't he sent back to QPR in Jan? Or has he been injured? Or is it a completely different Williams? I'm flummoxed.

Also, no Freeman. Just when it looked like he had played himself into a start he injures himself. Poor guy. Hope he's not out long.

New striker Williams from Watford...

• Suprising selection looks like a very narrow defensive 442 but good to Tyson and bayo in a 2 up front I could of course be completely wrong and it may be the usual 433 with beano as the 3rd striker

• @EssexWanderer ahh. Moving on!

• 4-3-3 with Bloomfield up front?

Or 4-3-1-2?

• @EssexWanderer said:
    New striker Williams from Watford...

Predominantly a winger.

• Come on Wycombe, need at least a draw to go into the weekend in the top 3 which would give a real boost.

• I was starting to worry about you @BSE

• Bloomfield seems to be playing very advanced. The midfield have touched the ball as much I have so far...

• Bloomfield puts our best chance so far over the bar. We’ve settled in a bit but Crawley look better with the ball at their feet.

• TYSON! 1-0!

• Wycombe have had more of the ball and have used it better. According to one of the commentators. And now Tyson has scored. Major assist from Luke.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Great scenes. The ifollow camera is right behind the bench. Before the corner GA calls 09 out of the box saying ‘Luke we’ve planned this!’ As the corner comes in he appears at the far post to volley the ball back across for Tyson to bundle home. Get in!

• I don’t think Bloomfield put his shot so far over the bar!

• Crawley equalize. Couldn’t clear a soft free kick.

• Akinfenwa! 1-2.

• It’s Bayo! It’s 2-1! Great work from Tyson to make the chance.

• I’ll leave it to you @floyd! You’re at the game, after all.

• @micra wish I was.

Horrible challenge on 09 to end the half. The ref, best described somewhere between weak and pathetic only shows a yellow. Bayo apoplectic.

• @floyd said:
    Great scenes. The ifollow camera is right behind the bench. Before the corner GA calls 09 out of the box saying ‘Luke we’ve planned this!’ As the corner comes in he appears at the far post to volley the ball back across for Tyson to bundle home. Get in!

Was only thinking at Barnet that we hadn't brought that one out of the cupboard for a while. Great execution from Luke

• Sorry @floyd. Are you abroad (to be able to watch)?

• On a pedantic note, should we as fans say 2-1 or 1-2? I would write 1-2 but say that we're winning 2-1. (hello Rosemary P....if you're reading this. Time you registered and posted;-) )