Skip to content

Who was this "fan" at the Hive

edited March 2018 in Football

Does anyone know who that bald headed idiot was who was standing directly behind the goal low down . He was about 40 I guess and had a posse of other idiots around him He spent the first half making gestures to the Barnet stand before they all disappeared at half time . Someone said they had been ejected which hopefully is true .Need fans like that like a hole in the head.

Comments

• He was definitely there 2nd half. Nearly got chucked out by the stewards I think. Joined by a 2nd bald idiot 2nd half!

• I don't know if he got ejected or not, there was one point where he was randomly making Football Factory-style "come on then" gestures and wanker signs at the Barnet fans, one steward took umbrage and words were had between them - the steward called for backup, the last thing I saw was the bald fella being dragged away by his own entourage, don't know if anything further happened.

• Seen him at plenty of away matches. Think he's lost his gym pass!

• We have a few goons in their 40s who surround themselves with loads of guys half their age

You're going to have to give more details...

• Did see one person being ejected by a steward at the same time Mr Baldy was being restrained. Not sure who he was gesturing towards as I struggled to locate a Barnet fan in the ground!!

• He was an absolute plonker, embarrassing.

• But why does the club do nothing to ban or even warn these yobs?

• Bit harsh on the club. Surely they has to commit an offence and be reported and charged before the club can take any action. You can’t just ban someone because you find them undesirable, appealing though that thought might be!

• @glasshalffull said:
    Bit harsh on the club. Surely they has to commit an offence and be reported and charged before the club can take any action. You can’t just ban someone because you find them undesirable, appealing though that thought might be!

If a Wycombe supporter gets thrown out of an away ground by their stewards, I feel they should at least given a warning by our club. Your opinion that action should only be taken if the "supporter" is charged by the police is, I feel, only going to lead to a deterioration of standards and give our club a bad name.

• What if that person claims they did nothing wrong and were unjustly ejected? Then it’s their word against the steward. There are some Wycombe ‘supporters’ I would be happy to see the back of but you have to conform to the rule of law and unless they have clearly committed an offence I really don’t see how they can be banned.

• I think it was the Mitchell brothers

• @glasshalffull said:
    What if that person claims they did nothing wrong and were unjustly ejected? Then it’s their word against the steward. There are some Wycombe ‘supporters’ I would be happy to see the back of but you have to conform to the rule of law and unless they have clearly committed an offence I really don’t see how they can be banned.

I did say "or warned". So you wouldn't even want the club to have a quiet word in their ear? What if Barnet or any other club produced video evidence?

• As I have said, if they could produce evidence of an actual offence-setting off flares, threatening or violent behaviour, racist language etc-then I’m all for them being banned or at least warned as to their future conduct.

• CCTV or body cams will be the evidence This idiot was making inciting gestures towards the home fanstwhmust be contrary to regulations and laws.We don't want half wits like these associatedwithour club

• edited March 2018

You'd be hard pressed to get into a "hand signal off" with Barnet fans.

There were barely any there, and all miles away!
    Not quite the ferocity of doing it at Luton away, about 10metres away from snarling tattooed skinheads gagging to get at you.

• Now if I had mentioned this, people would of had a good old moan. To be fair this has to be a joke, as although I did glimpse somega unrest at the front, anyone saying a chap was giving good the Barnet fans the big one, must of been at a different game, because where we're these Barnet fans?
    On a seperase note, interesting to read comments of 'idiots' in relation to circumstances which nobody knows about?

• Wether the Barnet fans were actually affected by these idiots is irrelvanttheirbehaviour is unacceptable . They tarnish the reputation of a club that prides itself on the general good behaviour of their fans.it starts with gestures which are inappropiateand ends in scenes that we saw at the London Stadium

• That’s some escalation @Mr67. But I agree that we could do without rude gesticulation.

• @wycombelad said:
    Now if I had mentioned this, people would of had a good old moan. To be fair this has to be a joke, as although I did glimpse somega unrest at the front, anyone saying a chap was giving good the Barnet fans the big one, must of been at a different game, because where we're these Barnet fans?

That's why is was so embarrassing...there wasn't a single Barnet fan showing any sign of giving anything back or even looking his way. A little bit depressing to witness really.

• So what was his problem, I did see some fisticuffs at the front after the second goal before the police and stewards moved in

• edited March 2018

@wycombelad I was not there, but reading between the lines, I suspect his problem was being a fat, bald, aggressive, fortysomething 'football fan' living in the past who had had a few sherbets before the game and wanted to appear tough, possibly to cover his failure in life, by impressing younger chaps, shouting and threatening violence to completely nonplussed Barnet fans. But it's just a theory.

• Is this the same, fat bald chap who goes to every home and away game? Or do we have more than one fat bald chap now? Didn't see the bald guy concerned but a few youths barging the police

• I'm fat and well on the way to being bald, but never felt the need to act the hard man or pick fights with stewards; am I missing out? Should I watch The Football Factory again?

• Was our fat bald supporter in this film? I'm still wondering if I am thinking of the correct fat bald guy, as he seems more mouth than anything else, and in need of a gym pass

• It was very odd to witness. His anger seemed to come out of nowhere and I'm not sure any Barnet fans were even watching him.

• I am fat but still sporting a full head of hair...am too old for getting fighty. I go to watch the football.

• By the sounds of it, if you were his family @wycombelad wouldn't you encourage him to go to football EVERY week? Must be a long summer for them...

• If it's who I'm thinking of the best I am sure his family go to all the games too, or who I perceive to be his family

• @wycombelad said:
    If it's who I'm thinking of the best I am sure his family go to all the games too, or who I perceive to be his family

Are they all bald as well!

• Bald overweight supporters are the lifeblood of Wycombe Wanderers