Skip to content

Comments

• His stock just rises and rises!

A couple of good performances and every chance of going to the World cup which would be amazing feat.

Every chance a bigger club take him on too.

• I remember West Ham were interested. Probably best left alone.

• Arsenal would be a good home for Alfie once they get a new manager.

• edited March 2018

Doubt it. He'd just be another Theo Walcott example who should have gone to Villa or say Everton where he would have had loads more first team opportunities/appearances than he ever got in those 'brightest star of the future' days when first at Arsenal.

• @HughJanus said:
    Doubt it. He'd just be another Theo Walcott example who should have gone to Villa or say Everton where he would have had loads more first team opportunities/appearances than he ever got in those 'brightest star of the future' days when first at Arsenal.

I did say WHEN Arsenal have a new manager. Walcott played 270 games for Arsenal, so he was given a reasonable chance to excel! He just wasn't quite good enough.

• I would be surprised if he is capped in these friendlies.

• That's Alfie's chips pissed on.

• Cue first cap...

• It wasn’t long ago that you were saying he’d never play in the Premier League @rmjlondon

• I see a wycombe supporter saying he is 1 step closer to england captain, some people are very delusional.

• Being called up for the first time would appear to be 1 step closer. Still a few more to go yet.

More likely than not this World Cup may come too soon for Alfie but if he keeps developing, every chance he may go to a future one.

With stones, Keane, maguire and gomez amongst others around his age, fair bit of competition though.

• I thought Lascelles might have got in before him

I'd have them both in to be honest

• Lascelles?

• @rmjlondon said:
    I see a wycombe supporter saying he is 1 step closer to england captain, some people are very delusional.

And there was me saying to someone only yesterday that the internet was killing irony.

• Delusional would be saying that Mawson is a guaranteed England Captain, not saying that he's a step nearer to it.

That's just fact!

It is interesting looking at the range of fans though.
    From those that cannot fail to see the positive, you know the types, you concede in the 90th min at home to Cambridge, after 2 shocking home defeats, and they're talking about how it might be a "key point" at the end of the season.

To those who are negative beyond belief whatever the scenario. "Trevor" on here was one such poster. Though i suspect that was a parody account, by someone who has since got bored and changed username

• Trevor seemed very real to me.
    You are, aren’t you Trevor?
    Trevor.
    Trevor, we know you’re out there.
    TREVOR.
    (I would shout louder but don’t know how to change the font.)

• It's hard for those at the moment who cannot bring themselves to say anything positive about GA, predicted Luton would walk the league and we would struggle to make top seven. I assume they will be back if we don't go up. If we do go up, they will spend the summer telling us we were lucky and without the loans and some marquee buys Gareth cannot keep us up. Winning more than we lose has upset their equilibrium. Bless.

• I never decided whether i thought Trever was real or not. I think in the end i came down on the side of 'not.'

A couple of weeks ago i was convinced that Richie was the alter-ego of another prominent poster. I'm less sure now.

Possibly i need to get a life.

• There's definitely a few users on double accounts.
    That's a certainty.

• Who's going to own up to being @GasroomKomedyKlaxon?

• Nobody could be richie and someone else.

• In the old days of Gasroom 1.0 anyone could be the Gasroom Komedy Klaxon.

• I always assumed Micra was Richie after a bottle of cooking sherry. Or maybe Richie was Micra after a four pack of Scrumpy Jack.

• I quite like the idea that Dev C and RITM are the same person.

• I’m currently having amicable discourse with my alter ego.

• Dan Scarr thread.

• There aren’t enough hours in the day for Dev C to have a second account.

• @Malone said:
    I quite like the idea that Dev C and RITM are the same person.

I have often thought this. Although later I may return under a nom de plume and disagree

• @Malone said:
    I quite like the idea that Dev C and RITM are the same person.

I've thought this from time to time too, but they're different people. I think.

• Highly likely; no plausible alternative.