Skip to content

Match day thread: Cambridge

Comments

• Full match commentary will be on BBC3CR 630/1161 MW and on iFollow and we will be joined by Bill 'The Baker' Turnbull

• 'There's only one Bill Turnbull...There's only one Bill Turnbull...!'
    COYB!

• Does it need to be Billy to scan ?

• edited March 2018

Team News: One change for the #Chairboys this afternoon, as @B10OMFIELD comes in for @MarcusBean. There is also a spot on the bench for @mcginley_nathan and @scottkashket after recovering from injury.#WYCvCAM pic.twitter.com/9jMk8yYn18

— Wycombe Wanderers (@wwfcofficial) March 10, 2018
  • Great news that Kashket is back on the bench.

• I imagine Bean was dropped because he's on 9 bookings.

• When do bookings get reset? If it's not really soon then I doubt that's the case

• Great save from Scottie there!

• Bayo! Assist from Scottie! 1-0!

• The bloke commentating on the kids football at half time is fucking annoying

• Luton 0 Accrington 1 at HT. Accrington go top as it stands. Hope I haven't jinxed it now.

• Lincoln losing and Coventry not winning are about the only scores going our way at the moment.

• ColU have equalised against Mansfield, which i refuse to be pleased about but is good news.

• Luton have just equalized 1-1.

• Only just half time in that game following a long delay to attend to a fan's health.

• @floyd said:
    Only just half time in that game following a long delay to attend to a fan's health.

What game?

• Chesterfield-Lincoln...i'm sure i typed that!

• six minutes added on...

• Cambridge score.

• Surely a foul?

• And why were we wasting time knowing there is a lot of time added on?

• finishes 1-1, feels like a big two points to drop.

• well we fucked that up .

• @Shev said:
    And why were we wasting time knowing there is a lot of time added on?

Because the players are told to do this by their manager.

• @mooneyman said:
    Because the players are told to do this by their manager.

It worked wonderfully! Why try for a second when you can gift them a goalkick!

To be clear, to me it is about context. If there is a couple of minutes left and everyone is down that end, fair enough. But if you have a breakaway or a good sight of goal, it seems wasteful.

• @username I think is is 37 league matches for the 10 ( two to go)

• I'm not one to moan about refs normally, but how on earth did this pillock deem Ikpeazu's assault on McGinley that cleared a path to goal to be a 'fair' challenge? The lump should have been sent off after at least the second time he threw his elbow in one of our player's face, so I guess it shouldn't be that much of a surprise he was going to get a pat on the back for what would get you locked up for common assault on the street.
    Yes we should have wrapped up the game, but you can't legislate for appalling refereeing straight out of the David Laws school of spineless reffing (for those with long enough memories).

• McGinley looked like (again) he did not attack the ball when it came through. Yes the attacker was aggressive in the jump but this was within the context of the whole game so you can't be surprised.
    The game wasn't 'lost' on that one moment though, we had plenty of chances to win it before then and for whatever reason we didn't taken them.
    Mad season considering how close it still is and I would really relish Luton choking completely I must admit.

• Two points dropped for sure. I thought it was quite good display overall. Lots of fight to repeatedly win the ball in midfield and make blocks at the back. On another day we would have got the second goal and wrapped the game up earlier.

Next week away to Barnet is an absolute must win.

• Indeed McGinley seemed to lack any real toughness in trying to win the header, too far away to see if it was actually a foul.
    However, we dropped two points mainly because we didn't take any of the several chances that presented themselves :-
    El-Abd header at the end of the first half, Bayo shot straight at the keeper from Tyson cut back, the deflected shot from O9 onto the post, Kashket looping shot over at the end, Bloomfield drive across the box from the right that just needed anyone to make contact, PCH curler wide of the far post, plus at least a couple of times we didn't even get the shot away when in the box.
    If we hadn't lost the last two this would be seen as a good performance against a physical side who finally battered their way to a goal.