Skip to content

Interesting Fixtures Tonight (Tuesday)

Stanley v Morecambe, Mansfield v Lincoln, Newport v Forest Green and Cheltenham v County. Not impossible Cheltenham and Morecambe could get a result and Lincoln turning over Mansfield might give us a breather.

Comments

• Not going our way at the moment.

• Yup. Down to fifth as things stand with about fifteen minutes to go! Close games, though. Could still change.

• Cheltenham have equalized against Notts County. Bit better.

• Nice one Cheltenham.
    That very comfy win at their place looks better by the week.

• Lincoln just equalised against Mansfield

• Lincoln have equalised. Now looks better still.

• Two red cards and a goal in injury time there.

• The way Accrington are going they will win the league which will be good to see a small club doing well.

• Two out of three dropping points ain't a bad outcome.

• Indeed. Thanks to robins and imps! If only exeter can lose their games in hand. @OX66 I think you'll find our gasroom Oracle has already stated that luton will walk the this league.

• Accrington 1-0 Morecambe
    Cheltenham 1-1 Notts Co.
    Mansfield 1-1 Lincoln
    Newport Co. 3-3 Forest Green

Fourth on goal difference, six points ahead of 8th and behind 2nd with a game in hand.

• Turned out preeeettty nice. Will take that.
    We need to turn our ropey spell round quick smart though.

• Accrington do seem to be doing amazingly well and look on course for the title. They must have a slip up at some stage surely. I think the main difference between us and them is their ability to keep a clean sheet and grind out a 1-0 win. One goal is rarely enough for us.

• Stanley are away to Luton on Saturday. Not sure what result suits us best.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Stanley are away to Luton on Saturday. Not sure what result suits us best.

Quite happy for an Accrington win.

• A real chance for us to get right back in the mix if we can win at the weekend then.

• If anybody has seen Stanley's last 7 fixtures you'll realise they'll want a bit of gap to 4th to stand any chance of automatic promotion....

• @clifty04 said:
    If anybody has seen Stanley's last 7 fixtures you'll realise they'll want a bit of gap to 4th to stand any chance of automatic promotion....

That is a hell of a run-in. Then again, we probably all thought Morecambe would be one of our easiest games last month

• edited March 2018

It's league 2. It's not like when you look at a West Brom or someone's list, and see they're playing the top 5 in the country! (that's an example by the way before some pedantic oaf points out they don't actually play the top 5 last)

• Also Accrington are very good

• Pedantic oafs unite.

• Oaves also welcome.

• Are young oaves called loaves? In which case I'd expect them to rise to it

• Also games in hand aren't always points in the bag. Thank God.

• I always hope for a draw when teams around us play each other. I would rather a total of 2 points handed out than 3, quite simply! That may change if we get to the last few games and need someone above us to properly slip up.

• Last time QPR got promoted they had to play two games in hand at home in the final week. They won one and drew the other and that was enough.

It proved the old adage that a game in hand was worth two at the Bush.

(just fetching that coat)

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Stanley are away to Luton on Saturday. Not sure what result suits us best.

I hope Accrington beat them by six.