Skip to content

Play off semi-final dates

When might the play off semi finals be this year?

The final league games are on Saturday 05.05.18. The final is on Monday 28.05.18. Last year the semis were the Sunday and following Thursday but, despite trying various internet searches, I cannot locate any advance notifications for this year's semis.

Is anyone in the know?

Comments

• LX1LX1
    edited March 2018

It's the same maddening search every year. The dates will be decided a couple of weeks before when the teams are known and Sky television work out how best to milk their customers. As long as you don't have a job, family or any other responsibilities this will be satisfactory

• If Sky didn't milk their customers, the club's income (that includes us) would diminish significantly.

• LX1LX1
    edited March 2018

And all clubs outside the 1st Division would be significantly better off as the top clubs would not inflate wages and transfer fees (that includes us)

• Can just see us having to play Exeter away at 5.30pm on a Sunday.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Can just see us having to play Exeter away at 5.30pm on a Sunday.

Dev could represent the club!

• It's when you draw someone like Plymouth away on a Sunday night at 6.30pm that the fun really begins.

• @DevC can you put up a big marquee in your garden and host an all night rave if this happens?

• I think Dev would be more likely to host an all night trivia event than a rave.

• 100 boxes of Trivial Pursuit. 6 players per box allows 600 fans. It would not take long to get down to a final box. 600/6 = 100, /6 = 12 ( some fans will be too drunk to play) /6 = 2 champions who go head to head in an online debate beamed onto the big screen in the marquee

• obviously 1296 away fans would be better. not thinking clearly

• if it were to be Exeter away, basic trivia knowledge surely is that they are still redeveloping and hence our allocation would be no more than 350 tickets. No chance of me getting a ticket (quite rightly) I would say.

But if someone had one going spare in exchange for accommodation in a tent in my palatial grounds 50 miles away in the wrong direction, I would be prepared to throw in free usage of a torch and a battered trivial pursuit set, plus if it would seal the deal, Cluedo, Monopoly and Frustration. I've probably got a Sony Walkman somewhere you could use for entertainment.

• Are single women allowed in your grounds ?

• Strict bring your own policy applies.

• When is brown bin collection day again? Can't wait for the game on Saturday...

• @LX1 said:
    And all clubs outside the 1st Division would be significantly better off as the top clubs would not inflate wages and transfer fees (that includes us)

You’re talking nonsense. What have wages and transfer fees among the ‘top clubs’ got to do with clubs in League Two? As Mooneyman says, the TV money is crucial to smaller clubs like ours so having to wait to find out play off dates is a small price to pay.

• It's pretty clear that we're destined to reach the play off final, thus wrecking the "celebrity" game ludicrously booked for the same day at Adams Park.

We'll atone for 3 years ago with a glorious 2-0 victory, sealed by Bayo with a 92nd min pen.
    He'll be in all the cameras talking about his "Beautiful" the moment was, and how he's technically unemployed, and to hit him up on the whatsapp

• The 'How do i get Exeter play-off tickets?' thread would be almost worth finishing fourth to see. But don't worry, we're going up automatically.

• I'm also confident we will go up now that Richie's boys are no longer 'walking it. I'd like to see nathan and danny and co. dropping in to the playoffs meself