Skip to content

As there’s no match - quiz?

Name the eleven Wycombe players with the most appearances in each season from 96/97 to 15/16

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Freddie/football-league-xis-wycombe-wanderers

That 2011/12 side looks pretty bad.

Comments

• Bloomfield.

• I don’t “get it” do I .

• @Chris said:
    Name the eleven Wycombe players with the most appearances in each season from 96/97 to 15/16

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Freddie/football-league-xis-wycombe-wanderers

That 2011/12 side looks pretty bad.

I thought Dev was the resident quiz master!

• @micra I’m sure you’re right that if you added them all together that would be a correct answer.

• 97/98 lists Kevin Scott in defence. I had a season ticket that year but can't for the life of me remember him playing for us. I'd put this down to simple confusion with Keith but I recall championship manager doing the same thing. Am I going mad?

• I presume that’s meant to be Keith Scott.

• A respectable 197/220. Got a clean sweep in the first eight seasons, even the years before I 'properly' started supporting the Blues, although we can see we had a much more consistent starting eleven back in those days which helped.

The biggest gaps in my knowledge were 2008/2009 (6 out of 11) and 09/10 (5 out of 11) which would make sense as these were the Peter Taylor years, when the football was absolutely dire and I pretty much only went to games out of loyalty rather than any expectation of enjoyment, so was probably paying less attention.

A few names I had well and truly forgotten about on there, many with very good reason.

Thanks for that @Chris.

• Here's a quiz question to which I don't know the answer. I was sat on a train today and a couple of people behind me - one a West Ham fan, one Tottenham - were talking about young players who didn't make it. One of them mentioned a youth player who was full of promise then went on loan to Wycombe for a couple of seasons before dropping out of the game and now runs a chain of launderettes. Sadly I didn't catch his name and failed to ask. Anyone have a clue who it might be though?

• Dot Cotton (now Branning)

• Michael Malcolm left our academy for Spurs youth team ?

• Could be Hogan Ephraim who started out at West Ham - not exactly a youth player when he came to us but I could imagine him fitting an unfulfilled talent narrative.

• On loan from Tottenham or West Ham?

• If they specified I didn't catch it. It might have been neither club, all I heard was "on loan to Wycombe Wanderers for two seasons then dropped out and now runs a chain of launderettes". I've been trying to think of players who spent two seasons here on loan from any club but drawing a blank. Maybe the guy got the Wycombe part wrong. Am kicking myself for not asking now!

• Well Danny Rowe spent 2 years on loan at Wycombe. So if you got the part wrong about running a launderette too that's your answer ...

• 159/220. Some fairly forgettable names I missed. Nick Arnold, only four years ago. Lewwis Spence, Lewis Hunt etc...

• 195/220
    Missed 6 from 1996/7 and 5 from 1997/8, so showed my age really.
    Only missed 8 players from the last 15 years taking up 10 spaces, including.....Gareth Ainsworth.

• I wasted a lot of time trying to remember Joe Burnell's name

• wild guess here, Eric - Joseph?

• @eric_plant said:
    I wasted a lot of time trying to remember Joe Burnell's name

Starred in American Housewife.