Skip to content

Attendance prediction for the Coventry game

2»

Comments

• Probably not much snow @LX1 but minus 4 Celsius (25 deg F in the old money) is slightly off-putting to elderly Southern Softies (says he who’ll be dancing the night away in the Swan - the theatre, not the pub).

• Great memories of that first meeting on the league cup. They certainly had around 1000 plus that night

• “around 1000 plus” ? Could have been under 1000 then.

• Real shame the game wasn’t on a sat, we’d have probably sold out our allocation. Unfortunately the threat of snow/bad weather will put a few off, it’ll still be a reasonable following for a mid week league 2 game

• Spreadsheet updated and put in order - 15 predictions - Welcome to @WendoverSkyBlue from the pale blue area and thanks for the advice and information. Hope you enjoy the game if not the result.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q7Qxaxuv48nQnAV7E__maiKMEssHTPCW3MkHYhkyb2A/edit?usp=sharing

Two predictions of a Wycombe win so far, one for a Coventry win and 4 for the draw.

Big game - Up the fan owned well quartered Blues.

The average prediction is 4226, including for the sky blues 566.
    @Micra - if you want to include an away prediction I will use that as a tiebreaker if the attendance is in the range 3879 to 4047, although I like the idea of Bayo becoming part of the adjudication process.

1. 666 away the beast to score 2 2-1 to us
  • Don’t know what happened there 4321

• @micra we are all on tenterhooks...what is on at The Swan?

• 4215 quarters with 357 skiers ... sky ers. A 3-2 nailbiter with roof lifting finale. Or 0-0 for a change (I’ll take the former!)

• I swear I didn’t look first @ValleyWanderer

• Ok @railwaysteve, I’ll go 650 and 3-2 to Wycombe.
    LX1 unashamedly Oye Santana, a brilliant tribute band.

• @WendoverSkyBlue said:
    Real shame the game wasn’t on a sat, we’d have probably sold out our allocation. Unfortunately the threat of snow/bad weather will put a few off, it’ll still be a reasonable following for a mid week league 2 game

Weve sold at least 550, collected mine from the butts yesterday and was told they will be sending about 150 down on the coach.

• 4574 with 742 away.

Wycombe to win 3-1. O’Nien to score one, accompanied by a Tyson double

• One of the best games I ever watched at AP was v Coventry in the league cup. Turned a 0-3 deficit away leg and forced it to extra time. Lost in the end, but what a great night!I I believe Bobby Gould resigned as manager the next day, "due to stress"?

• edited February 2018

Prediction:
    Overall crowd: 4521
    Away following: 663
    Score prediction: 2-1

• Reckon I’ve boobed. I was forgetting that all those season ticket holders who decide it is too cold to sit in the open for two hours will nevertheless be included in the “gate”.
    Never mind!

• 4196 including 724 from Coventry

4-2 Wycombe

• Attendance tonight is 4,087 with 702 Coventry.

• Well I was closest, 12 above the actual total. Credit to all the 3385 and respect the 702 in view of the temperature.
    Message sent to @WendoverSkyBlue who was next closest.

@Micra and @mooneyman were the closest joint predictors to estimate less than the actual total with 3995.

I will put a prediction up for the Cambridge game not long after Gareth says something positive.

• @railwaysteve said:
    Well I was closest, 12 above the actual total. Credit to all the 3385 and respect the 702 in view of the temperature.
    Message sent to WendoverSkyBlue who was next closest.

Micra and mooneyman were the closest joint predictors to estimate less than the actual total with 3995.

I will put a prediction up for the Cambridge game not long after Gareth says something positive.

I’ve responded to your email, I’d rather the programme go to a proper Wycombe fan, but thanks anyway.

• I nominate @mooneyman .

• The outcome of a little deliberation, after much time, is that the result is a rollover.
    Verbal credit to @mooneyman and @micra, they are worthy predictors.
    Please look out for the Cambridge game attendance prediction thread with added extras.