Skip to content

Attendance prediction for the Coventry game

The Morecambe attendance thread seemed to generate a bit of interest and some fun so here goes:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q7Qxaxuv48nQnAV7E__maiKMEssHTPCW3MkHYhkyb2A/edit?usp=sharing

I will update Monday and Tuesday evenings and maybe in the mornings if there is a lot of interest.

Small print: Prize for closest to the overall attendance - one programme from the Cheltenham game
Cut off time for predications which qualify for prize - one hour before kick off.

My own prediction - 4099 total of which 512 are skyblues.
Game abandoned at half time due to weather at 0 - 0. We win the re-arranged fixture.

Comments

• I'm going to go with Match Postponed.

• Yeah zero, with zero from Cov, and A-A for me please. Not sure i'd be too unhappy as I swear the terrace end of the family stand is the coldest place in England at the best of times

• Looks like a rollover for the prize.

• 4333, including 498 Coventry fans. 2-2 score.

• 4484 inc 764 Coventry

• 4527 including 921 away. 2-2

• 4199, inc 599 away, 3-2

1. Oye Santana at Swan and a goodly proportion of the large number of children there on Saturday either put off or refused permission because of school on Wednesday (and sub-zero ttemperature).
  • Not sure what happened there! I typed “3995. Oye Santana....”

• Booked Swan before fixture re-arranged. Not regretting it as much as I thought I would.

• 4,654 with 220 Coventry fans watch us win 2-1.

• What are you seeing @micra ?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    What are you seeing micra ?

Didn't put on his reading glasses?

• 4300 with 150 west Midlanders willing to risk being stranded in bucks. 1-1 ainsworth out chants begin 75th minute.

• 4428 with 624 from Coventry

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    What are you seeing micra ?

I only mentioned it twice! Ushered for them last time they were there and enjoyed it as much as any music performance I’ve heard in over 20 years as an usher there. Sadly, have to pay now as the years have taken their toll and we have “retired” from ushering!

• 3863 with 386 freezing in the away end watching their side slip and slide to a 2-1 defeat

• 3995 with 610 from Coventry. Score 2-2.

• Sincerest form of flattery @mooneyman but you’ve added away fan and score forecasts as well. Strictly, I think they’re outside the terms of reference so, if 3995 wins, we’ll have to stage a fight in the centre circle at the Cambridge game to decide who gets the Cheltenham programme.

• 3799 with 402 Coventry. My optimism last time out was turned on it’s head so I predict 3-1 to Coventry and Bayo to be sent off early doors.

• @micra said:
    Sincerest form of flattery mooneyman but you’ve added away fan and score forecasts as well. Strictly, I think they’re outside the terms of reference so, if 3995 wins, we’ll have to stage a fight in the centre circle at the Cambridge game to decide who gets the Cheltenham programme.

Sorry Micra. I hereby nominate the Beast to act as my champion should a fight be necessary at the Cambridge game!

However to avoid unecessary bloodshed, I will amend my prediction to 3996 with 610 from Coventry.

• 4100 with 650 Sky Blues (we’ve already sold around 500)

• Surprised to have seen some predicting 300-500 away fans. Cov are well supported and it's not that far. Remember Swindon brought over 1,000 and I'd consider Coventry a bigger club. Think they could bring close to 1000, possibly even more

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Surprised to have seen some predicting 300-500 away fans. Cov are well supported and it's not that far. Remember Swindon brought over 1,000 and I'd consider Coventry a bigger club. Think they could bring close to 1000, possibly even more

You may be right, but would we have that number going up there with the forecast weather conditions?

• 4399 including 883 away

• @DJWYC14 i’d have gone for around 800 and a crowd of 5000 if the weather forecast had been better

• Is the forecast really that bad? Pretty cold but doesn't seem much risk of (significant) snow

• The fact they've warned us and prepared suggests to me it will all be okay. Then it will freeze when we are least expecting it.

• Agree with @DJWYC14 - When was the last time Coventry played at Adams Park too (I remember a FL Trophy match a few years back)? A lot will potentially fancy a new ground for them.
    The cold weather will no doubt put people off, but more likely that'll be home fans and not away.