Skip to content

Attendance prediction for the Morecambe game

13»

Comments

• @Malone said:
    4500, 73 away fans, a horrible game, and for once getting the better of them at home with a 1-0.

We beat them 2-0 the last time we played them at home (last season, surprisingly) in front of 3019 people (70 for Morecambe).

• Some optimistic crowds on this thread, Hope you correct. Most of my mates who go all the time and dont have season tickets have just got the cheap tickets from the ones who have season tickets. So I am not sure how many extra fans this promotion will generate.

• The chart is now up to date for all 26 predictions up to this time -

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZwsS2A26-VUd4V0aO7IAGm3xdIFScXnFh9CwqLA3NEM/edit?ts=5a8ec5c8#gid=0

We are slightly out of kilter with the bookies with 11 predictions of a win, 2 for a draw and just the one prediction of a defeat - not everyone has predicted a score, nor are they obliged to.

We collectively predict a crowd of 4754, using the average of the 26 predictions. That would look to me like a success for the mates rates initiative, if it is close to reality, because we collectively reckon that only 128 of these will be shrimps.

I hope we make more noise than them.

@EwanHoosaami - I don't see any reason why you shouldn't have another go and I will change your prediction. The small print could alter in the future.

I will make a final update at around 11:00 tomorrow before setting off.

• 4657, with 75 from Morecambe. Today they have sold 35....

• Official figure is 4,672 with 72 Morecambe.

• I'll take some sort of satisfaction from going 4,500 and 73! Not bad!

• My 4650 wasn’t bad.

• Cor, I wasn't that far out....

• Beat me hands down @Will_i_ams.

• Of only I could predict the lottery numbers....

• If.....damn it

• @Aok84 is the winner - his prediction of 4678 was only 6 more than the official total of 4672 - private message to him regarding the prize of one programme from the Exeter game

A special mention to @Will_i_ams - he hit the post in the last minute and it nearly went in.

Congratulations to all who took part - we were within 10% or very nearly 10% - I know some of you like percentages except for @wycombelad who was somewhat tongue in cheek with regard to the power of programmes.

@bookertease, @micra, @whitenight, @Manboobs, @NorsQuarters, @mooneyman were all within a 100.

Coventry thread to come!