Skip to content

Comments

• Its pretty amazing that Morecmabe have conceded 4 fewer goals than us, yet are 20 positions below.

• Is it time to start fretting about undersoil heating yet?

• Can we afford to turn it on?

• Does anyone know how to switch it on?

• Is it environmentally friendly in this day and age?

• How long does it take to toast a marshmallow on it?

• It’s been on since yesterday. Have no fear. I remarked to Michael Davies a couple of months ago that I’d noticed it was on despite the fact that the forecast was for a night minimum of 2 degrees. He explained that it was thermostatically controlled and that, in any case, it was beneficial - presumably assists with out of season growth.
    The undersoil heating boiler has been blasting away under the away stand at both recent home matches.

• So Marcus Bean can only afford to have one more yellow card in the next four games if he is to avoid a two match suspension. My guess is that he may not feature again until the Cambridge match the day before the 10 card cut-off (11 March).

• Having said that, he might play tomorrow just to taunt (and confuse) Kevin Ellison who may be bewildered when confronted by a younger incarnation - his marker, Tafari Moore.

• @micra said:
    So Marcus Bean can only afford to have one more yellow card in the next four games if he is to avoid a two match suspension. My guess is that he may not feature again until the Cambridge match the day before the 10 card cut-off (11 March).

Surely it is better to risk a two game suspension than to leave him out for the next three games? Am I missing something here?

• @mooneyman said:
    Surely it is better to risk a two game suspension than to leave him out for the next three games? Am I missing something here?

That's exactly what I was thinking...

• @mooneyman said:

I don’t think you are. And recent history against Morecambe does suggest that he could be a thorn in their side. We coped well without him at Cheltenham and Curtis Thompson did well when he replaced Bloomfield and I had in mind the scope for rotation as well as avoiding the risk of suspension.
    But the next three games will be really tough and his availability for at least two of them and possibly all three could be a key factor in determining whether we stay in the top three.
    I trust GA implicitly to play his cards astutely!

• Sorry if I've got it wrong but Bean's only on 8 yellows (plus the Chuckletrade one, which doesn't count towards league suspensions), so he has 2 yellows to play with, so to speak. Doesn't he?

• Leave him out for 3 games so he doesn't miss 2.........hmmmmmmmm

• He’s on 9 including one Checkatrade. One to play with; two gives him a two match suspension as I said originally.
    I really can’t be arsed.

• Quick side note......i can't see any of the teams around us dripping points tomorrow, we really can't afford a slip up

• JJ in the same situation but no obvious scope for rotation.

• No need to be so rude Micra. Checkatrade bookings don't count for League suspensions, so Bean still has two yellows to play with, as MindlessDrugHoover correctly suggested.

Maybe take one of these sweets you're so proud of offering around and relax a little bit.

• @Croider said:
    No need to be so rude Micra. Checkatrade bookings don't count for League suspensions, so Bean still has two yellows to play with, as MindlessDrugHoover correctly suggested.

Maybe take one of these sweets you're so proud of offering around and relax a little bit.

Not true I’m afraid. I am well aware that Checkatrade bookings don’t count. He has one to play with and one to “earn” a two match suspension. It really is as simple as that. But I’m not sure why my casual conjecture about the card situation is threatening to turn into a vendetta. The sweet business has been a running joke for several seasons. I’m every bit as relaxed as Ozzie but I can be very rude at times as you rightly note. I make Victor Meldrew sound mellow. I am far too old and crotchety to be up at this late hour and it’s all your fault because I spotted your post and felt obliged to reply. I type extremely slowly.
    Good night.

• edited February 2018

Cant see bean getting in today

• Id like thompson to get a game

• After his 15 minutes at Cheltenham last week, I have to say I agree with Richie.
    I need to go and have a lie down!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • He will get a game soon could be today

• Although I have always been a Beano fan, I actually agree as well. Beano is much more effective against the better footballing sides, so I would start him against Coventry instead of Bloomfield.

• Ive just got up from my lie down lol

• edited February 2018

Strange stuff from micra.
    The idea of leaving a player out for 3 games so he doesn't miss 2 games is hilariously idiotic :)

• In that same vain I hope we loose 2-4 today then go on a 5 game winning run.

Oh ....

• @Malone said:
    Strange stuff from micra.
    The idea of leaving a player out for 3 games so he doesn't miss 2 games is hilariously idiotic :)

If only you’d read what I actually wrote @Malone.