Skip to content

What could possibly go wrong here?

Comments

• We should get baz richardson back just for that game. Worth buying a season ticket

• Thought they were after Sol Campbell a few days ago? It would appear they are targeting "high profile" ex players, this time round. Oxford still have the small issue of the haemorrhage of vast amounts of dosh and no stadium ownership, which doesn't appear to be high on the public list of priorities? Few ex-higher division players will fancy that cocktail, as it is, historically speaking, "an event waiting to happen". I for one, shall be laughing my socks off and waving a tearful farewell as they plummet like a shot pheasant from the sky, down the league pyramid.

• I don’t know. It’s always a shame to see small clubs in difficulty

• Imagine if Ainsworth went there...

• @fredk3 said:
    Imagine if Ainsworth went there...

I couldn't, I think I would put the phone number of "Dignitas" on speed dial!

• @Wendoverman said:
    We should get baz richardson back just for that game. Worth buying a season ticket

Not with you. What game?

• @micra when we play Oxford next season of course!

• We’ll be in different Leagues.

• We might condescend to offer them a pre-season Friendly.

• Whoever the PNL get in, looks like they dodged a bullet in rejecting Sol Campbell - his arrogance is astounding; just read his quotes in this article http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/16040258.former-arsenal-defender-sol-campbell-reveals-oxford-united-rejection-for-managers-job/?ref=mrb&lp=1

• That said, it could have been comedy gold.

• He obviously has nothing to learn. Sadly, the only way to shut these people up is to give them a go and let them fail...but who would risk their club like that?

• Can remember speaking to a ox fan at the beginning of the season saying gaz would do a decent job got u guts.Was laughed at!
    Bet they would take him now. What he has done at Wycombe can't be sniffed at.

• I thought @MindlessDrugHoover may have been overstating things when he wrote in his post that Sol Campbell's arrogance is "astounding". Now that I have read the article, "astounding" is actually putting it mildly.

• Well, we all know 'at this level' we could all do a better job than anyone else. Don't they know who I am?

• "I can't believe some people, I'm one of the greatest minds in football and I'm wasted because of a lack of experience or maybe he talks his mind too much."

Reads like a parody of a complete twat's inner monologue.

• "I can't believe some people, I'm one of the greatest minds in football and I'm wasted because of a lack of experience or maybe he talks his mind too much."

What an utter tosser.

• edited February 2018

Greatest minds in football? An absolutely hilarious comment
    The mixing of "I" and "I'm", with "he" is idiotic too.

"Not rocket science" running a club either apparently.

I'd have thought one of the "greatest minds" would realise running a club isn't anything but easy. Running the football team a completely different thing, unless he'd be doing what Gaz does, and getting actually involved in all parts

• Sounds like someone has spent too long with Tony Adams.

• I hope he tries to get them playing in a lucky red strip, perhaps one not dissimilar to their neighbours Swindon.

• Thanakarnjanasuth for six points Oxford

• Blimey. He's like a Captain Bob for the 21st Century. Thames Valley Royals, anyone?

• @Brownie said:
    WELL speaking of the PNL....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43154066

This is going to end in tears.

• @LX1 said:
    Thanakarnjanasuth for six points Oxford

Crikey @LX1. My first reaction was that you’d really been pushing the boat out; I realise now that you are remarkably in control.

• And if all that guff wasn’t bad enough, Sol keeps trying to become a Tory MP.

@Chris is right - definitely too much time spent with Tony Adams.

• @arnos_grove Did he try to run for London Mayor too? I remember he spouted some crazy plans for how to improve the London Underground that made him look a bit silly.

I'm sure he also once said he wanted to be an film star based on a blink and you'll miss it cameo in Snatch. Imagine being so talented that you can just turn your hand to anything that mere mortals usually spend huge chunks of their lives preparing/training for?

• He was in a great comedy I saw once. Ossie Ardiles’ Spurs v Nottingham Forest at WHL.

Ossie used young Sol as the lone centre back with everyone else bombing forwards. Ilie Dumitrescu was the holding midfielder!

A hefty defeat for the White Harts!

• let's not get too revisionist, Sol Campbell was a wonderful footballer. World class

• edited February 2018

He was a top centre back, but clearly a totally deluded bloke with a massive chip on his shoulder.