Skip to content

Yellow to Red

Having last night, in the sending off of Fabian Delph, witnessed the Ref changing his choice of card mid-booking. Can anyone recall in which of our games a similar thing happened?
I recall (or at least think I do) seeing a game where one of our players was given a yellow for something, before the opposition team surrounded the Refs assistant on the bye line, he then called the ref over, at which point he changed the card to a red.

Comments

• Probably as much due to a linesman in his ear, being closer to the incident.

Instead people presume the ref was influenced, and the lino gets off scotfree.

Looked a pure red though, reckless. Ironically the sort of reckless challenge Pep has been moaning about

• The ref got the decision right in the end. Silly challenge by Delph.

• He didn't show him a yellow card. He got the yellow card out and made a note on it of the time and offence . He then showed him the red - so Delph was sent off with a straight red.

• A great example of everything wrong with top flight football and in particular the TV coverage of the sport.

I had no idea there was a game on last night but stumbled across the last five minutes when I turned on the TV for the 10pm news. Was surprised to see the result and after seeing that Man City had a decent side out surely this should have been the focus of the panel of 'experts' in the studio. All I heard about was the sending off, a flick out at an abusive fan by a player and then some advertising hoarding being thrown on the pitch by a group of what was presumed to be Man City fans.

In those five minutes it was really obvious the ref didn't change his mind on the tackle and the sending off.

• Spot on lordmelchester. 100% a red card.