Comments

• Wikipedia says:
    Arsène Wenger 22 October 1949 Arsenal 28 September 1996 21y, 137d
    Paul Tisdale 14 January 1973 Exeter City 26 June 2006 11y, 234d
    Jim Bentley 11 June 1976 Morecambe 13 May 2011 6y, 278d
    Gareth Ainsworth 10 May 1973 Wycombe Wanderers 24 September 2012 5 y, 144d
    Neal Ardley 1 September 1972 AFC Wimbledon 10 October 2012 5y, 128d
    Eddie Howe 29 November 1977 Bournemouth 12 October 2012 5y, 125d

• didn't realise it was so close to Ardley and Howe under Gaz!
    4th is a proud record though. Well played to all.

• Interesting how 3 of the top 5 are the Fan Owned clubs (though not surprising).

• @Malone said:
    If he gets us promoted and goes in the summer, no-one could complain at all.

For Gareth, he'd need to strike while his stock was at top value, as if we did struggle, he'd look a way less attractive manager near the bottom of league 1, than promoted from the top of league 2.

With Baz going, Howard taking a back seat, and a lot of vet players, he might see it as mission complete.

wendoverman, there's still been plenty of negatives on the fb group, ranging from the absurd "it's been terrible most of the season", to complaints over style of play, to our record v the top 7 (before Luton and Swindon).
    While it's good to have high standards, some of it is ludicrous.

The most irritating stuff was when people kept on about the 5 year plan, as if you can possibly guarantee on field performance in a competitive sport in the same way you can measure targets in other businesses.

There was a guy surname Brown, who kept on about this, as a "business owner".
    Hasn't been seen on there for a while...

At the risk of attracting criticism for even mentioning the FB page, I agree with your comments. If you’re referring to a guy called Pete Brown, he’s an older guy who likes to associate himself with the younger element because he seems to think it’s cool to run with the pack. But he’s far from being the worst by any means. There are people on there who should hang their heads in shame.

• @glasshalffull , yeah I think that's the name.
    We all want perfection as fans, win every game, in swashbuckling style, and to be waved at and praised to the high heavens by the manager at any given opportunity.

I think this is a brilliant season, we have the best attacking depth we've ever had as a league club, we're super resilient, and this squad has a real feeling of being able to withstand injuries, unlike the squad 3 years ago.

Gaz is an absolute gem, always praises the fans, is always dignified in the interviews, and is near on textbook perfection the way he carries himself.

I wonder if some people will look back and realise what they had in a few years and have a quiet word with themselves.

• @Malone said:
    glasshalffull , yeah I think that's the name.
    We all want perfection as fans, win every game, in swashbuckling style, and to be waved at and praised to the high heavens by the manager at any given opportunity.

I think this is a brilliant season, we have the best attacking depth we've ever had as a league club, we're super resilient, and this squad has a real feeling of being able to withstand injuries, unlike the squad 3 years ago.

Gaz is an absolute gem, always praises the fans, is always dignified in the interviews, and is near on textbook perfection the way he carries himself.

I wonder if some people will look back and realise what they had in a few years and have a quiet word with themselves.

POTD.

• You are so right. GA will be very difficult to replace in more ways than one and those ‘Ainsworth out’ idiots might finally realise how good he is once he’s gone and they turn their vitriol onto the next victim.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bearing in mind Michael Parkinson is a long time supporter of Barnsley do any prospective managers get a free pen for enquiring?

• With no obligation.

• There seems to be some confusion over the identity of “a guy surname Brown”. Not surprisingly there are at least two guys named Pete Brown who support Wycombe. One is on Facebook. I’ve no idea where he sits or stands. The other Pete Brown is a terrace dweller in his late sixties and is a good friend. He has never had his own business and has no Facebook account. He posts very occasionally on the Gasroom and is always constructive and positive.

• Mental thread. What a thorough cunt @glasshalffull is

• @LX1 said:
    Mental thread. What a thorough cunt glasshalffull is

What an extraordinary post! The language you used says a lot more about you than it says about me and can I remind you that I did not start the thread or make the original reference to Pete Brown. Micra has correctly pointed out that his friend is not the Pete Brown on FB so what on earth is your problem?

• I think you should be careful about posting peoples names and accusing them of this and that.

• It's not the Pete that's always with Dennis the definitely not an alcoholic is it?

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43085934 wherever he ends up, it's not going to be Barnsley.

• @M3G said:
    I think you should be careful about posting peoples names and accusing them of this and that.

Can’t believe you think it’s ok to use the words LX1 used and yet you criticise me for agreeing with an earlier poster about someone who is probably using an assumed name anyway.

• @LX1 said:
    Mental thread. What a thorough cunt glasshalffull is

That's a bit strong @LX1. Unless I'm having a man looking fridge moment, I honestly can't see what @glasshalffull has posted on this thread that would warrant, a) such strong language or b) a negative reaction.
    Please enlighten, as I am blind to it?

• M3GM3G
    edited February 2018

It was a general criticism to all who like to throw name's about. Otherwise I would have put your nick first.

• I'm reading it again and still interpret the post as a direct abuse of @glasshalffull?
    Mental thread. What a thorough cunt @glasshalffull is.
    Seems pretty conclusive to me.

• I think your posts are crossing with M3G's, EwanH.. He was replying to Glass just now, on my reading.

• Yep, I understand that he wasn't directing his ire in my direction. Just appears to be very strong given the general gist of the thread & I'm trying to comprehend what ignited the situation to calling @glasshalffull what he/she did?
    Maybe I should go and have a lie down and come back to it?

• Thanks @HCblue Seemed pretty obvious to me!

• Anyway....looks like we're ok for now thank goodness

• @Callmepauly
    That's good news. COYB
    Is the new manager at Barnsley Junior Morais's dad!!

• I think you've got LX1 confused with M3G, Ewan! Have a read back through again and I think you'll get it.

• A little sad to see Barnsley following this strange obsession with "if he's foreign he must be good" that seems to be sweeping the top divisions. bloody good news for wwfc though.

• Why is it good news for Wycombe?

• Why is it good news they didn't appoint Ainsworth? I don't understand your question.

• Barnsley were never going to appoint Ainsworth. They were refused permission to approach him. I can't possibly be good news for us they have a new manager. It's just not news at all apart from on a general footballing level.