Skip to content

Wonder if this means Anthony Stewart is nearing a return

As WDH moves out on loan for rest of season, albeit with a recall clause included.
https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2018/february/will-makes-maidstone-move/

Comments

• We also now have Nathan McGinlay as cover.

• Certainly doesn't look good from here, for WDHs' long term future at Wycombe.

• It does make sense, he's not getting a game as it is, with Stewart and Jombati out.

With those two back, he'd be 6th choice.

Sounds a good move, drops one division, but should play.

• wish him well. barring an injury crisis, unlikely to be seen again.

• Yet another thread writing off a player. Hope he does well at Maidstone. I think the grief he gets from some is unjustified.

• Good move for everyone. Hopefully he does well enough to earn himself a contract

• I think it had become clear that, barring mass injury or disease affecting half the playing squad, Will was not going to get game time at Wycombe this season, so this sounds like a good move for him.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Yet another thread writing off a player. Hope he does well at Maidstone. I think the grief he gets from some is unjustified.

Hardly grief is it. Just pointing out the bloody obvious. Would you wager that he won't be offered a new contract next season with WWFC? I wish nothing but the best for his future, just don't see it being with Wycombe. Never know, he may drop down like Junior Morias and bounce back up and above us and hope he does. The facts are he has been loaned out more than once now, he came back and can only get a place in the side when we are down to the bare bones and effectively have no other option.

• I have to say that Scarr terrified me on more than one occasion on Tuesday. He is clearly a capable player but he is more rough than diamond at the moment for me. The sooner we get Stewart back the better.
    WDH is not far off Scarr but needs minutes to learn more about positional play and this land will hopefully aid that.

• If you can't say you don't particularly rate a player, on a message board about the club you follow, then it's a sad state of affairs.

• He's surely a nice guy and tries his hardest but Scarr has more solidity in comparison and I think his positioning is much better.
    Good luck to WDH anyway and hope it works out for him

• Anthony Stewart is weeks away from ever getting back on the grass, Side and Harriman however trained fully today.

• If you say so Richie. I’m sure I read/heard somewhere that Anthony Stewart was a couple of weeks away. I believe you’re right about Sido and Harriman (even if you can’t spell Sido).

• So I'm hearing I can expect Stewart to be in the starting eleven on Saturday while Sido and Harriman are more than a month away.

• 260 mile round trip to watch the lads training.

That's commitment.

• @leedsblue for a 35 year old.

• Aisnwoth said it to the press today

• “Sido Jombati and Michael Harriman are now back on the grass which is great to see.

“Harriman is champing at the bit and he wants to get back involved but we’ve got to be careful with him, a broken leg is something to be wary of and also with Sido and his knee ligaments.

“Anthony Stewart is just a little bit behind them in the treatment room after suffering a nasty calf injury but he is not far behind.

• edited February 2018

@rmjlondon You're not supposed to reveal your sources, it ruins the magic.

• Disappointed. I was picturing a hooded figure, lurking behind the perimeter fence, binoculars in one hand, notebook in the other, having filled up at Cressex 'just in case'.

• I have a feeling that Sido or Harri will be on the bench tommorow, probably the latter.

• If we have three fit right backs in the next few weeks that leaves Gareth Ainsworth with quite a selection dilemma. I think we can safely assume that Jombati will be third choice (and, sadly, released in the summer whether or not we're promoted). But who gets the nod for the team - the hotshot from Arsenal once considered as much a prospect as Bellerin, or Harriman, who's season promised so much at the start? I can't see a change in formation to accommodate both of them. I guess Tafari Moore has it for the next few weeks by default but he'll have to keep up his form if he's going to retain his place in the team in the run in.

• What has Sido actually done?
    It's becoming quite a lay off.

A little like the playoff season where it only became apparent at Dagenham (I think ?)it was, when he was wearing a protective boot.

• It would be a shame to see Jombati go but I'd understand it from both sides.

• Of course, a fit Jombati also provides cover for any injury to Jacobsen, which we don't have at the moment.

• Good point, how would one cover for JJ if no Jombati? Saunders?

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Good point, how would one cover for JJ if no Jombati? Saunders?

Mcginley?

• Sido can cover either full back positions and CB can't he? He might get another year if we go up.

• When all fit:

Brown, Harriman, El-Abd, Stewart, Jacobson, Bean, Gape, O'Nien, Cowan-Hall, Tyson, Akinfenwa. subs: Bloomfield, Mackail-Smith, Freeman, Saunders, Scarr, Kashket, Ma-Kalambay.

Discuss...