Skip to content

Match day thread: Swindon

Comments

• Phew, I was starting to worry about you @BSE

• COYBB! Come On You Blues............Believe!

• I think there may be copies of The Wanderer on sale from the WWISC stand before tonight's game. Probably no Bodger, but feel free to stroke Colin instead.

• Just watched the 2010 highlights on IFollow. The crowd of 7,400+ would be good to repeat and put some ££££s in the kitty? Expect to get around 4,500 mark though.

• 1 down first minute

• Luke 1-1.

• Mackail-Smith 2-1

• Extraordinary!

• My 4-3 prediction looks a good bet!!

• 4 minutes added on to shit a brick!! COYB!

• 3-2 full time!

COME ON!

• From my holiday villa (!) I’ve played back Bayo’s disallowed goal and have no idea what the referee saw. Even their defenders sat looking deflated - no appeal at all

• A cracking win. Thought we started brightly, lost it for a long time after going 2-1 up but finished the last 30 incredibly well.

PCH worked so hard first half and CMS was extraordinarily good throughout. Justice for Bayo at the end

These must be dark times for the nixon tapes et al...

• What a Score line, but please think of the older fans, these cliff hanging results put a strain on their "tickers". Could we have a couple of 2-0 results for a change. Bayo certainly deserved tonight's result. Another great team performance. COYB's

• My first missed home game of the season and sounds.like yet another corker. This squad really is something else. Most exciting team since the O'Neill years?

• Not just because we won, but that was a brilliant game end to end and 5goals.......coyb

• What another amazing game and result great goal from Luke and bayo getting what he deserved got to feel for Matt Taylor scoring an unbelievable wondergoal then loosing in the last min to a scrappy goal but what says it all for me was we sat back when we were winning they did when it was level and the pressure told great winning mentality in the squad coyb

• Don't think anyone has ever deserved a goal more than Bayo did tonight. Colossal.

• Bayo was at his very best tonight as a target man, but struggled a bit in front of goal and missed 2-3 good chances. Seemed unlucky with the disallowed goal, so to then come up with the winner was just reward for a great performance.

• Great game with end to end stuff. Swindon are a good side who deserved a point but no idea why bayos first goal was disallowed (great cross from beano as well!) and how Tyson managed not to score! Sitting back and timewasting does not work and we were playing a dangerous game until that stunning taylor goal. Brown was lucky not to be carded. We deserved to win after the disallowed goal and the desire and running of this ainsworth team has to be admired. Great three points.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Run out of words for Bayo. Our best ever signing?

It was such a sweet strike by Taylor.

Swindon are a decent bunch of fans aren't they? Good support from them. And they hate Oxford.

• @fame_46 right on the nose. Good summary. Swindon were putting in quality balls all night to be fair. Whereas i thought jj had another off night delivery-wise. El-abd, scarr and moore were solid, though i would have liked to see moore run at them a bit more. Beano looks like a new player- taking throw ins and everything!

• @fame_46 said:
    Firstly what an advert for league two football and credit to Swindon and their fans who made it a great night.

Secondly what a squad we have, magnificent team ethic to keep knocking on the door for a winner. Just read a stat somewhere that we have scored more goals in 2018 than any other team (including Man City).

What a strike from Matty Taylor, I was right behind it. One of the cleanest strikes I’ve ever seen in football period. Wand of a left foot he’s got.

Midfield were quality tonight, first time I’ve watched us against a top tier side and not thought we might lose the battle. Luke O’Nein keeps getting better - he’s gone to another level since Christmas.

Thought the defence did well against Norris and Richards who are a cracking partnership at this level. Remember seeing Richards play against us for Northampton the season they won the league and he was class then.

But they aren’t quite as good as our forward line. Paris was excellent first half - his final ball has improved and great assist for CMS when he could have been selfish.

CMS excellent tonight, still staggered he was available on a free and I just knew Bayo would score tonight. Warmed up with a couple of misses, one disallowed and then bang in the 90th minute.

What a sickner for their back five, running out of superlatives - I just wish he was 30 again because I could watch him beast everyone for another five years!

In many ways he epitomises football and everything great about the beautiful game.

Sounded like a fantastic match. Are you going to Cheltenham mate?

• @Wendoverman said:
    fame_46 right on the nose. Good summary. Swindon were putting in quality balls all night to be fair. Whereas i thought jj had another off night delivery-wise. El-abd, scarr and moore were solid, though i would have liked to see moore run at them a bit more. Beano looks like a new player- taking throw ins and everything!

Contract up in a couple of months.

• @na104 said:
    What another amazing game and result great goal from Luke and bayo getting what he deserved got to feel for Matt Taylor scoring an unbelievable wondergoal then loosing in the last min to a scrappy goal but what says it all for me was we sat back when we were winning they did when it was level and the pressure told great winning mentality in the squad coyb

Scrappy goal? Great cross, great header and well deserved after having a perfectly good goal disallowed.

• By the way, I’d happily sit in a traffic jam for an hour to see a game and a win as entertaining as that.

• Lots of people did @glasshalffull ! ;-)

Just joking, I've criticized Wycombe/AP about the access for many years but I have to admit that we're not alone in this in the EFL, so let's just get on with it and stop whinging and leaving 20 mins early. BELIEVE!
    (I've also celebrated tonight's match with a couple of very large G&T's so may not be making sense). COYBB!

• 82 minutes, 2-2 and I started to witness people leaving. Given what happened at the Carlisle game, (BTW bought 2 Beany shirts tonight), I couldn't help but think "serves you right if you miss a winner".
    Well I've got a haaauuuuge grin on my face now. :-)

• Wore my Beany shirt (somewhere underneath) tonight so it's become 'lucky' and cannot be changed for the rest of the season!
    I didn't see GA come out at the end, which is unusual but I could be mistaken.