Skip to content

Match day thread: Exeter

Comments

• Marcus Bean! Don’t you love football...

• Do we have to produce another t-shirt?

• Anyone at Exeter who left early last week can get a T-Shirt now!

• Here comes that hat trick I predicted.

• Looks like the person writing the comments on the BBC website has Moore and Bean confused, too.

• Incredible scenes.

Wait for one Bean goal, and two come along

• Coming to terms with the fact I’ll spend Saturday mornings with a knot in my stomach for the foreseeable future.

Come on Wycombe!

• Marcus Bean Goal Machine

• @floyd - where do you watch from?

• Pretty fair result. Best ref we have had for a while too.

• @Shev I’m in Richmond, Va. don’t have to get up as early as you at least!

• edited February 2018

Still top 3 thanks to a late winner for Barnet against Notts Co. Accrington go second after a big win away at Coventry, they were the only team in the top 4 to win.. We are six points clear of 8th.

• @floyd - nice to know there is another fan state side. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday morning!

• bbc has us 3rd, 2 points off Accy @floyd .

Good to see Luton

• @floyd said:
    Still 2nd thanks to a late winner for Barnet against Notts Co. Accrington go third after a big win away at Coventry. Five points clear of 8th.

What league table are you looking at?

• @floyd said:
    Still 2nd thanks to a late winner for Barnet against Notts Co. Accrington go third after a big win away at Coventry. Five points clear of 8th.

Accrington second, six points behind Luton with a game in hand.

• Aye, the wrong one!

• My, that was rapid fire!

• The edit button is my friend. Would be helpful to see Notts County go through a good wobble. So tight at the top.

• You might have got the top 3 places wrong but you’re quite right to point out the gap we’ve got over 8th place, that’s the key issue. Thought we played very well and deserved to win it.

• Excellent point that I think most of us would have taken before kick off. And that man Bean....

• If Kashket and Scarr are ok, then it's a good day's work.

If we could beat Swindon on Tuesday that'd be a huge win

• @Malone said:
    If Kashket and Scarr are ok, then it's a good day's work.

If we could beat Swindon on Tuesday that'd be a huge win

Too many ifs in there for my liking. Scarr off clutching hamstring, not promising. Was wondering if "protecting" Kashket injury, was because the pitch was like a bog, which was possibly a contributory factor in Scarrs injury. Ifor the conditions were the reason for withdrawing Kashket, perhaps he will reappear on Tuesday?

• That's a good theory @EwanHoosaami and hope it's right. Commentary suggested the pitch was taking it out of players on both sides.

• Really hope it was just that sensible sounding strategy.

Kashket has had too much of his season wiped out already.

I wonder if he has been up to starting, but is kept out by the competition, or if he is only riskable for 20min spells.

• I'd imagine that while others are scoring for fun there's little impetus to throw him back in just yet. A nice luxury to have. Hope it continues while also hoping we see Scotty back at his best again soon.

• Enjoyable second half after a pretty dire first. Draw probably fair result although we perhaps could have shaded it. We look a very decent team. Very impressed with McGinley at the back.

• Gapey absolutely outstanding on front of the back 4, thought Tyson and El-Abd also excellent but hard to criticise anyone in a good performance - and agree with @DevC above.
    Can't understand why the pitch is so dire, they don't even have rugby as an excuse.

• McGinley's has kind of come in under the radar amongst the dramatic scenes of recent weeks. I hope he loves what he is experiencing athe Wycombe and decides to sign for us permanently one day. Could be a future captain