Skip to content

Exeter - Score prediction

Wycombe turn out onto the pitch at St James Park with only ten men. Beano joins them shortly afterwards from the clouds on which he has been walking since last week. He is met with resounding cries of "Beano" from half the travelling support and "Beany" from the other half, all of which latter half are wearing new t-shirts and none of whom were actually present last week.

JJ makes a subdued start to the game. In conversation with Richie in the club shop the next day, it transpires that he was indeed extremely hurt at being substituted the previous week. The Gasroom, to a man, starts to follow Clifty on Twitter.

Following Vital's lead, Gareth brings new blood onto the bench in the form of Genghis Khan. Or rather, Genghis Khan brings new blood onto the bench in the form of the disembowelled entrails of the Exeter bench.

Emboldened by a stirring pre-match team talk from new goalkeeping coach Papa Doc Duvalier, Wycombe set about their hosts, creating many early openings and carving holes in the defence at will. With machetes. Nonetheless, thanks to a pedantic referee who insists on a number of stoppages for head injuries, the Blues find it hard to maintain rhythm and the half ends scoreless.

After half-time, the whole Wycombe team except Bayo and Browny each emerge with a third leg, an innovation of new physio, Dr Mengele. Browny emerges with eight arms and Bayo with an eight foot tall head. This is too much for their disembodied opponents and Wycombe run out easy winners with Beano/y completing his hattrick in the fifty eighth minute of injury time.

Exeter 0 (surviving players) Wycombe 5

Comments

• 4-3 Exeter.
    Exeter Down to ten men, 2 last minute goals to win it, including a winner from a player that’s not scored in 100+ games.

• Wycombe win and regardless of how well we play or how convincing the scoreline, the Exeter fans accuse us of cheating because Bean didn't take a throw in quick enough.

• @TheDancingYak Do you know how stupid that looks ? That would never happen

• 3-3 with Wycombe equalizing in the 95th minute.

• I don’t want to say what my head tells me, based on history and stats. All I will say is that 0-0 is ridiculous and Vital’s 1-1 nearer the mark. With just over three and a half hours to go and only slightly gentler weather forecast than at the County Ground in November, I think most would settle for a draw.

• From latest forecast and @DevC’s forecast taking account of local conditions, I’m now much more confident that we’ll be able to play our usual mixture of long balls forward and slick interpassing. COYB indeed.

• 3-0 Wycombe - Beano 2 and Beanie 1

• 1-0 Bean 96th minute

• 3 -1 pch Gape cms

• Wycombe 1-0 up going into the 93rd minute. Brownie brings down Exeter's striker when clear on goal and is red carded. Having used up all their subs, Bean is forced to don the keeper's jersey and scorpion kicks the resultant penalty as far as the halfway line, where he sprints to pick up the loose ball and curls a 40 yard strike into the top corner. `I Was There When Beanie Saved' t-shirts are printed up and sell in their thousands, despite few buyers having been there other than in spirit.

Main talking point on the Gasroom is Cliftie only awarding General Pinochet a 6 in his Vital report.