Skip to content

Exeter City Preview

Comments

• Just did a genuine laugh out loud on the train

• Expecting to see Ratko Mladic penning the match report.
    Or why not go really left field and give the job to the
    ‘much maligned’ Ritchie?

• Not a fan of Pol Pot's writing - they say he dictates his reports

• Good idea for guest writers. Can we have Kim Jong-un next time?

• I think Richie's preview was rejected.
    'Clueless ainsworth will probably play the same team that failed to lose to Carlisle by a stroke of luck. Except for cheating 09 who will never pull on a blues shirt again. The referee is not the best one we've seen in the league so far (the one who reffed the game against the mighty hatters - the win not the idiot at Kenilworth road) but some fool who will probably be conned by players who I predict won't play anyway wile I have a hole in my bum. Prediction exeter 5 blues 0. ANYONE who thinks otherwise needs to get a life.'

• bendoverman strikes again.

• well played @Vital!

• @Wendoverman , that'd still be preferable to that kid on the FB group who declared that the "vast majority" of this season had been rubbish.

• Well played @Vital.

• I understand Jon Venables is looking for some rehab work if you’ve got a spare laptop...

• I enjoy the statty section of these. One stat that I feel is missing though is a manager head to head. We have wins draws and losses for all previous meetings between the clubs, but it would be great to see how Ainsworth and Tisdale pan out.

• @drcongo Good idea. I'll research how time consuming that might be!

• Thanks, Vital. Thanks, Pol.

Here's hoping Exeter have a Khmer and Wycombe are Phnomenal.

• Very good HC.

I take back any defence i may have given Richie earlier on the basis of his contribution to this thread. Puerile in the extreme and boring too.

• @drcongo Boss v Boss feature now added.

• @rmjlondon that's right . That must have hurt your braincell but nice to see you're recycling.

• @Vital said:
    drcongo Boss v Boss feature now added.

Rapid response customer service *****

• @drcongo said:
    I enjoy the statty section of these. One stat that I feel is missing though is a manager head to head. We have wins draws and losses for all previous meetings between the clubs, but it would be great to see how Ainsworth and Tisdale pan out.

Good shout that Dr C, though personally the stats are not my thing. The head to head of managers surprised me though. My crap memory left me with the impression that Tisdale was way ahead of GA, just shows that I really need to read the stats more often!

• It's not a complaint - i love reading the Vital previews - but I seem to remember once upon a time there were stats showing opposition shots (on/off target) and stuff like that. I miss these, as it's a good comparison of our season so far, vs. our oppos. Maybe they are time consuming to compile, or whatever, so as I said I'm not clamouring for their return, just saying that I found it interesting in preparation for match day. Still good to see the WW shot stats though - a massive improvement on our recent seasons!

• Time is precious when you’ve got forced labour and genocide to organise.

• I have no confidence in refs nowadays to catch forced labour or genocide.

• Not with the FA's new guidance on the genocide rule, it's so hard to follow now.

(and thanks @Vital)

• Thanks @Vital though I feel that we should also know the average height of each team and the wage structure of the club. If you could fit those in next time.

• And don’t forget inside leg measurements and mother’s maiden name

• It's so hard to judge whether it's interfering with play. In the old days, all intentional eradication of a race of people would be judged genocide. It was much simpler then. Now it's a question of whether or not the people being targeted are in a goal-scoring position etc.. I have a lot of sympathy for the officials.

• And don't get me started on the entirely subjective distinction between intentional and accidental genocide. Why is accidental genocide only a yellow card?

• I can't remember why I stopped doing that @LeedsBlue

Might work them in again at some point.

Meanwhile, here you go...

http://www.footcharts.co.uk/index.cfm?task=basics_shotsontarget&league=E3&venue=T&season=09/02/2018

• Poor Pol Pot - no wonder he retired early from the game to focus on his writing.

• Strangely enough...intentional or unintentional...I understand they are not keen on any sort of VAR evidence.

• You are all cards and no mistake! Very clever.
    Ever thought of trying it on Facebook?