Skip to content

Final 5 for £50

A good incentive from the club but perhaps not such a good deal for STH’s?
A half ST in the Frank Adams cost £176. I think it covers just 10 matches.
The cost of going to all 10, buying in advance for 5 and taking advantage of the ‘5 for £50’ offer is only £150.
You’d hope too that if the last few games are that crucial we’d get a good crowd in anyway- paying full price.

Comments

• It's a difficult balance to get right. Getting those new fans in and hooked is essential to any team, but keeping the loyal STH is as well.

• As I don't have enough extra to contribute to the various other financial things going on, once I've paid my ST any extra incentives for getting people through the door don't bother me that much. It's my contribution to the club so I don't feel shortchanged if it gets more people in and adds to the atmosphere. I'm sure if I had an accountant that would be seen as most foolish!

• I knew it wouldn't be long before somebody was moaning about this incentive, go and give ya head a wobble seriously.

• I actually agree with Richie!!

• Albeit, I don't know what give your head a wobble means

• Very good offer I thought..All about increasing the attendances for the run in and that possibility of getting themnto be ST next season.

• If they did a survey of all current STH, asking how they ended up holding that status, I wonder what percentages would look like.

From my route, through being born here and a mix of kids at school being interested, and the club working with schools.

To other routes such as these promotions, cup runs, team generally doing well etc.

• @Wendoverman said:
    As I don't have enough extra to contribute to the various other financial things going on, once I've paid my ST any extra incentives for getting people through the door don't bother me that much. It's my contribution to the club so I don't feel shortchanged if it gets more people in and adds to the atmosphere. I'm sure if I had an accountant that would be seen as most foolish!

Exactly how I see my ST. I’d be happy if they did five for a fiver if it filled up the ground.

• edited February 2018

Not sure I see this as a moan so much as a fair observation.

That said, I can't find any information about the offer on the club website. Anyone able to help?

UPDATE: never mind. Found it now!

• It certainly is a difficult balance. STH pay their money in the summer when the club’s income is minimal so their loyalty is very important. On the other hand we clearly need to attract new supporters and marketing campaigns like this are probably the best way to do it.
    I sympathise with those like Doob who might feel they’ve been short changed but if we all share the same desire to see the club progress, I think it’s a small price to pay.

• I first became a STH when I got cold called and offered a good price on a half season for me and my son. Bought one ever since.

• For the record, wasn’t a moan, (so no need for a head wobble?). I’m not a STH and I doubt I’ll take up the offer either. If anything I agree with these type of incentives although it would be interesting to know how many ‘’new’ supporters it brings in and how many would probably have gone to at least some of the games anyway.

• One of the advantages of paying for a season ticket is knowing that you have secured 'your' seat for every game. Those buying game to game will have less choice of exactly where they sit. Swings and roundabouts.

• Richie gives his head a wobble three times a day

• @Doob said:
    A good incentive from the club but perhaps not such a good deal for STH’s?
    A half ST in the Frank Adams cost £176. I think it covers just 10 matches.
    The cost of going to all 10, buying in advance for 5 and taking advantage of the ‘5 for £50’ offer is only £150.
    You’d hope too that if the last few games are that crucial we’d get a good crowd in anyway- paying full price.

I did think that, but then again I pay £11.80 a game for a seat on the halfway line, happy with that deal, it's good value.

As long as they don't do these promotions too often, it's fine with me, we need to get as many in as possible

• I don't usually have spare cash for a ST, but this came along at the same time as a PPI payout, so I'm happy. My son and I would normally of made one or maybe two of these five and usually drop at least £20 in refreshments per game so assuming everyone else who takes advantage of this offer does the same, I would imagine it's going to bring in more than it loses in the discount tickets.

• As an old f**t it make huge sense for me so I got mine today. I wonder how many have been sold? (where's richie when you need him?)