Skip to content

"I was there..." t-shirts now available online from the club

Comments

• You've got to hope that no-one who gave up and left earlier would have the front to buy one but the world is a weird place.

Good work from the club and hopefully the first of more bespoke merchandise in the shop. Hope it generates a profit.

• edited February 2018

If you go to the shop link there doesn't seem to be the t-shirt there, just tickets.

Oh hang on, found them now. As you were

• Fantastic...

• For those not there feeling their bloody pressure mounting, how about 'I was there, but left five minutes before Beany scored?'

• And a special version for his Mum and Dad...?

• I think the one I suggested covers that @Wig_and_Pen

• I not only hope that the people who left early buy one but also people who were never there. And that they order shirts for all their friends and family.

• @HCblue said:
    I not only hope that the people who left early buy one but also people who were never there. And that they order shirts for all their friends and family.

Spot on, in the hope that the club generate more profit. I would like to try/see the size before ordering one as I am a bit barrel chested & bounce between XL & XXL depending on the cut.
    I would like to confirm that I did stay until the very end, however, I was tempted to leave on 85 but resisted. What category am I in?

• I think you're in a third category, your shirt will say "#IAlmostWasntThereWhenBeanyScoredButStayedAndImGladIDid"

• @Wig_and_Pen said:
    I think you're in a third category, your shirt will say "#IAlmostWasntThereWhenBeanyScoredButStayedAndImGladIDid"

Thanks for clearing that up @Wig_and_Pen .

• edited February 2018

#I'mgladIleftmyseattostandatthecornerandsawthethirdandfouthgoalscoredcloseup

• I'malsogladididthesameandmusthavebeenveryclosetoyouwhenthegoalwentinasnwasinthecornerofterraceandbeechdean-willlookoutforyounexttime

• @HCblue just look out for the above slogan on my T-shirt

• Just £1 per character to get it added to the back

• Club claim this is a Fans shout out. Not really, team mates appear to call him Beany, fans have always called him Beano. Beano comic logo protest T’s on sale Hillbottom Road next home game? Should sell at least as well as the black n white protest scarfs !

• A player in his fourth season with Wycombe Wanderers, 72 appearances, renowned for not even getting a sniff of a goal and just happens to score his first and the winner in the 95th minute of a game three quarters of the way through the fifth year of a secret five year plan just when Barnsley are trying to sign the manager? The Dark State is fooling you all. I'm hearing from some sources it never happened and was actually mocked up in a hangar in Hollywood.

• @Wendoverman said:
    A player in his fourth season with Wycombe Wanderers, 72 appearances, renowned for not even getting a sniff of a goal and just happens to score his first and the winner in the 95th minute of a game three quarters of the way through the fifth year of a secret five year plan just when Barnsley are trying to sign the manager? The Dark State is fooling you all. I'm hearing from some sources it never happened and was actually mocked up in a hangar in Hollywood.

Sorry to be pedantic - 104 appearances.

• @mooneyman so they want you to believe.

• But are you allowed to buy one if you were not there? :-)

• @Pete said:
    But are you allowed to buy one if you were not there? :-)

Of course you can but why would you want to?

• @perfidious_albion I think it can still be a fans' shout out even though it's the players' nickname. #IWasThereWhenBeanyScored was the twitter hashtag that was initially created, I think, by the club. But I'm sure I wasn't the only fan who tweeted the club to say they should put it on a T shirt. Does that square the circle for you?

• @OakwoodExile said:
    perfidious_albion I think it can still be a fans' shout out even though it's the players' nickname. #IWasThereWhenBeanyScored was the twitter hashtag that was initially created, I think, by the club. But I'm sure I wasn't the only fan who tweeted the club to say they should put it on a T shirt. Does that square the circle for you?

If it makes money for the club then yes fine. Really hope we continue to chant ‘‘Beano, Beano, Beano’ though.

• We will Perfy, we will.

• Only if the terrace start the chant first, micra. :-)

• How true @HCblue. I’m sure you heard the faltering attempts by my little group to get the Woodland going on Saturday.

I am always very vocal during matches but I was surprised how relatively unexpired I was at the final whistle. I tried (and failed) to jump up and down and thought about hugging someone but the tiers are so deep that you are limited to the the two people either side. The lady on my left has special needs - which I imagine don’t include being hugged by an elderly gentleman. I’m not sure about Geoff.

• That made me genuinely laugh @micra, thanks!

• Had a quick recap to see what had tickled you @YorkExile and discovered an unfortunate Freudian (well, predictive really) slip. I am in fact fully unexpired. I intended it to read “relatively unexcited” of course. C’est la vie!

• A lot of us are relatively unexpired @micra which is why we don't know nothing about that social media.

• I saw it too and struggled to interpret it. In the end I wondered if you meant the opposite of inspired. Unexcited makes much more sense!

• T-shirt secured. It will be over my coat at the Swindon game...