Skip to content

Lincoln Away

Our game with Lincoln on Saturday 8th April will now have to be moved due to them getting to the EFL Trophy Final.

Lincoln’s first ever visit to Wembley in 134 years!

Comments

• Lets hope it's on the following Tuesday and they're knackered!

• They ought to play the final of that ridiculous competition on a Tuesday.

• Can't be many league teams left that have never been to Wembley?

• @DevC said:
    Can't be many league teams left that have never been to Wembley?

Was there ever a matter of such supreme indifference?

• Bollox - got a hotel booked up there for the weekend. Any decent local-ish non-league games that weekend, I wonder.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Bollox - got a hotel booked up there for the weekend. Any decent local-ish non-league games that weekend, I wonder.

I had a hotel booked for the Torquay game in 2014 but was careless enough to suffer a heart attack a few days before the game. Doctors wouldn’t let me out in time to go but I got out just in time to follow it from the comfort of my sofa.

Iwasn’t there when...

• Lincoln utd is a lovely little ground would be worth a visit if there at home.

• Each to your own Micra. I always like a bit of football trivia so couldn't stop myself doing a bit of research.

And I find that there are just three Football League teams that have never played at Wembley.

Which satisfied my curiosity.

• Lincoln +2?

• @DevC I was pondering the same thing last night, and would be interested to know. I remembered Lincoln's situation last year, from when, at the Emirates, they were 90 mins from an unlikely visit to Wembley, plus the Trophy semi final, plus if they had fallen away in the league, a third possibility awaited them in the National League play-offs. Good to see that only one year later, they finally got their 'day out'. (Shame about the competition though).

I'm guessing Crawley as one (confident), and Accrington, possibly? Can't come up with a plausible third, though.

Whisper the answer - I won't tell @micra ...

• My gues for the 3rd would be Morecambe.

• Lincoln is one isn't it?

• I can actually remember Morecambe in a Conference play off final a few years back. Pretty sure they were playing them at Wembley by then...?

• I assume it will be the Tuesday after the final, can't see us agreeing to it being brought forward which I doubt is allowed anyway.

• obviously Lincoln is one - as the first post says. My research says the other two are indeed Crawley and Accrington.

Hartlepool would have qualified too but for the small technicality that they are not a FL club! (but then Micra probably knew that one what with the factory being just down the road....)

• Oops - I was thinking 3 others besides Lincoln.... duh!

• @Aok84 said:
    Lincoln utd is a lovely little ground would be worth a visit if there at home.

Sadly they're away to Stocksbridge Park Steels that day. Somehewre in Sheffield I'd guess from the name.

• What about the MK shitbags ????
    Not that they can be counted as a football club !!

• Steels is on the way from Sheffield to Barnsley. Former stomping ground of Jamie Vardy and a contender for ‘coldest football ground in England’.

• @ChasHarps They won the JPT at Wembley in 2008