To the will grigg tune

Our Beano is cooking,
Your defense will be the toast,
Na na na na na na na Naa na
One goal in a hundred,
Na na na na na na na Naa na

No idea if the younger ones would like thisome though

Comments

• Could have BEAN written by Lennon and McCartney!

• @StrongestTeam said:
    "we were there when Beano scored" on loop would probably do it but.... Interesting

I wonder if any Tee Shirts will be coming with that phrase?

• It should surely be #Iwastherewhenbeanyscored. It's easy enough to get your own printed these days and I may well do so if the Club doesn't. But it would probably be cheaper, even after the Club took a margin, if 50 or so were run off.

• Like your slogan @OakwoodExile.

• @micra Thanks, but it's not mine - it's the actual Twitter hashtag people have been using. I now also realise the initial letters of the run together words should be capitalised

• When he joined someone suggested singing "Marcus Bean" to the tune of Let It Be. Maybe it can finally get an airing with the line "He's finally scored for Wycombe, Marcus Bean!" at the end?

• Just use Geno by Dexys - simple and effective.

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    When he joined someone suggested singing "Marcus Bean" to the tune of Let It Be. Maybe it can finally get an airing with the line "He's finally scored for Wycombe, Marcus Bean!" at the end?

This is good work.

• When I find myself in times of trouble
    A dreadlocked hero rescues me
    Just don't let him take throw-ins
    Marcus Bean.

Marcus Bean, Marcus Bean, Marcus Bean, Marcus Bean
    He's finally scored for Wycombe, Marcus Bean.

• @Ned_Ludd I have a feeling that'll be too lyrically challenging for the gatekeepers of what gets sung or not, but great stuff all the same.

• Do you remember when,
    Beano scored the winner
    Come on, let's win again,
    Winning time is here

To the tune of " Let's Twist Again"

• @Ned_Ludd said:
    When I find myself in times of trouble
    A dreadlocked hero rescues me
    Just don't let him take throw-ins
    Marcus Bean.

Marcus Bean, Marcus Bean, Marcus Bean, Marcus Bean
    He's finally scored for Wycombe, Marcus Bean.

Too good that, too good... would love it to catch on. Someone needs to create a YouTube video, that seems to be the way to go to get these to gain mass popularity (see Will Grigg's on fire, Mané Mané etc..)

Can you sing @Ned_Ludd? ;-)

• @arnos_grove said:
    Just use Geno by Dexys - simple and effective.

Just one word to remember - even the dimwits on the terrace could manage that. I'll start it next game... :-D

• @Grawlix said:
    Can you sing Ned_Ludd? ;-)

I can hit a note once in every one hundred and four attempts.

• All far to complex for Home end drum banging ‘lads’. Given confusion over Marcus's nickname how about changing the lyrics of ‘Chairboys / Barmy Army’ to ‘Beano / Beany’?

• O Beany, you scored your first goal to win 4-3,
    And then you sprinted away, O Beany,
    You smashed in the ball on the volley
    And we love you today, O Beany

• There’s a guy works down the chip shop says he stayed to see Beano score and if he’s a liar then I’m not sure about you..

Strangely enough to the tune There’s a guy works down the chip shop by Kirsty McCall

• ‘Strewth! What’s that all about? @BuckinghamBlue.

• I suspect it’s going to be be one of those legendary events like Jimi Hendrix on the Isle of Wight that more people claim to have seen than did @micra to the late lamented Kirsty Macolls hit

• It’ll be similar to what happens when we get a good cup draw and are suddenly shocked to find we actually had 10,000 ST holders the previous year; 7,000 of whom couldn’t renew in the current year due to various ‘commitments’.

• @BuckinghamBlue The same applies to people who claim to have been at the Stones Roses gig at Spike Island, and went to school with the Kray twins !!

• Sex Pistols first 100 Club gig.

• Ken Colyer’s first 100 Club gig.
    I’m ashamed of my ignorance of that particular Kirsty

• ......Macoll hit. I have the duet with Shane McGowan ringing in both ears (stereo?) and just loved the girl. Premature touching of “post comment” whilst scrolling to check spelling and who I was responding to!

• The rumble at Tescos between Aaron Pierre and George Stokes

• @ChasHarps good shout, most men over 60 in Tylers Green apparently lived down Vallance Road