Skip to content

Match Report - Carlisle

Comments

• Beano ‘8’ ? - TEN !

• Unless Beano’s score is amended to an 11, I’m boycotting Vital.

• they all deserved 10, a great team effort

• @wformation said:
    they all deserved 10, a great team effort

As supporters of the mighty Wycombe (surely the best integrated TEAM in the league) we have to agree with this (unless we give them all 11!).

• I'm with @drcongo - the fact Paris was announced as MOTM seconds before THAT moment... and then...

• Try reading @clifty04 's in game Twitter rant at Ainsworth's management yesterday and then try to read that report with any objectivity. Yesterday was such an amazing game and this report relays none of it.

• I haven’t seen what he said but I’m always amazed at the desire of social media users to rush out their thoughts without pausing and waiting to see how things develop. You can be made to look very foolish as yesterday’s game proved in such glorious fashion.

• I have now read his comments. Didn’t like team selection and singled out 3 players who all ended up on the scoresheet and referred to Jacobson’s substitution as horrendous man management by GA, failing to spot that we went 3 at the back in an effort to rescue the game.
    Perhaps he should stick to reporting and leave the managing to GA.

• I would say GA got lucky a little bit with his changes but fair play it worked out very well, taking JJ off and going to 3 centre halves is not bad man management @clifty04 we were trying to salvage the game man, you write some great reports but show your clueless with those sorts of comments, also with regards to needing gape in midfield I agree but who was going to play right back ? and Blooms did score which is another one in the eye surely !!!

• Richie, your back, how underwhelming!

• Not sure why you say he got lucky. Brought on CMS for a tiring Tyson, Kashket because he’s always a goal threat and McGinley to allow switch to 3 at the back and let Scarr get forward for set pieces. More good judgement than good luck I’d say.

• Not too happy with the terminology that Wycombe threw away a two goal lead? Carlisle were not looking likely to get a sniff out of the game until the sending off. Playing a man down is hardly throwing away a two goal lead!

• @Right_in_the_Middle Your obsessive hounding/stalking of @clifty04 is getting a bit creepy now.

Still waiting for the day you volunteer to write a report. I won't hold my breath.

• @rmjlondon said:
    I would say GA got lucky a little bit with his changes but fair play it worked out very well, taking JJ off and going to 3 centre halves is not bad man management clifty04 we were trying to salvage the game man, you write some great reports but show your clueless with those sorts of comments, also with regards to needing gape in midfield I agree but who was going to play right back ? and Blooms did score which is another one in the eye surely !!!

Glad to see you have finally got over your lads shock defeat on Tuesday! As the saying goes it takes one clueless person to recognise another.

Make sure you arrive in the club shop early to sell all those Beano shirts.

• F OFF - I was at both games and GA tactically was excellent at Luton but yesterday not so much, he will save brave because what he should have done was bring on Thompson when O Nien was sent off.

• @rmjlondon said:
    F OFF - I was at both games and GA tactically was excellent at Luton but yesterday not so much, he will save brave because what he should have done was bring on Thompson when O Nien was sent off.

Well that's a relief to discover that you know better than GA eh Richie. So now we have discovered why we lost . . . . . oh but we won.
    Never mind there may be an opportunity for you to whinge, whine & complain next week eh.

• @Right_in_the_Middle @Vital After his gypsy comments and constant attacks on GA I just avoid reading his reports. It's a small personal boycott but it saves on the blood pressure. Like @rmjlondon almost saying something positive, we know the team winning when they know how it should really be done is killing them.

• well were losing on 93 mins, so his tactics were not looking so good and he was rescued by mr prolific but well done and we are chasing Luton hard.

• @rmjlondon we were on the back foot after the goals and the sending off, attacking and trying to get back into the game for the whole second half...we missed a penalty. Which tactics should he have employed? The not missing a penalty tactic. I agree there. Scoring more goals? we did that one and with players who had been on the pitch for the whole game. You seem to be are saying he was lucky and should have made changes to win the game? JJ missed a pen and...Er...He won the game. Perhaps some of the true fans should believe until the final whistle the way the players seem to do rather than barking their tactical analysis on twitter during the match or trudging to the car-park in disgust on 90 minutes composing their Gasroom diatribes. Let us know how you would have won the game we just won.

• @Vital You keep trying to this argument to stop me complaining about someone who proves time after time to be publicly abusive to the manager. How would me writing a match report make that any different? Would it stop you using the serial abuser?

If you keep having to acknowledge in the preamble that he is writing the report it says all it needs to say and I can take @Wendoverman 's advice and ignore it.

• Ainsworth got lucky but everybody needs luck in Football. Im very pleased with the points but he should have tried to tighten it up at 2-1 not put Cowan Hall into midfield cos on 90 mins we had lost the game and if Carlisle had been a little stronger they would have won it.

• edited February 2018

@Right_in_the_Middle: @vital always acknowledges other report writers, whoever they are. And I agree with him about your earlier comments.

• edited February 2018

@HCblue Never usually at the top of the report. I see it as a service from @vital meself.

• Always at the top of the report as you will see yourself if you do what I just did to confirm my memory was not playing tricks with me and check the previous reports - I went back as far as mid-November. On each occasion the report writer is not a Vital site writer, he is acknowledged at the start of the posting to this site.

• @Right_in_the_Middle & @Wendoverman You will never find any abuse in a Vital article.

If you object to Adam's opinions on social media why don't you confront him on there instead of inferring that our reports contain anything untoward?

If the intention is 'guilt by association' and to pressure me into not using his reports, it won't work. I know he regrets the one comment he should be ashamed of, and I prefer to keep the faith.

• @Vital said:
    Right_in_the_Middle & Wendoverman You will never find any abuse in a Vital article.

If you object to Adam's opinions on social media why don't you confront him on there instead of inferring that our reports contain anything untoward?

If the intention is 'guilt by association' and to pressure me into not using his reports, it won't work. I know he regrets the one comment he should be ashamed of, and I prefer to keep the faith.

Did Adam make a written apology to Gareth?

• Ainsworth said in his post-match interview that it was always the plan to go to three at the back to try and rescue the game. He said timing was everything as it's so risky to play that formation, and he deliberately left it late. It worked to perfection. I'd say that's more tactical genius than tactically inept and 'getting lucky'. Those criticising him are doing our fantastic manager a disservice.

• @mooneyman That's for him to answer.

• LX1LX1
    edited February 2018

@clifty04 seems to be suggesting that substituting JJ 35 minutes after his penalty was some kind of punishment.

What a Manchester United supporter is doing at Wycombe matches is difficult to understand. Maybe that is why he is looking forward to Wycombe having a terrible left back in future.