Skip to content

The Wanderer - Out Tomorrow!

The next edition of 'The Wanderer' is out tomorrow before the game. We'll be in our usual spot (halfway up Hillbottom Road on the left) from about 12:30 onwards until just before kick-off. Free to members and 1.50 to everyone else.

You can park with us (it's advisable to get there early) and we'll be taking bookings for the coach to Exeter next week. Please only book if you have a match ticket as it's an all-ticket game.

The search and rescue dog Bodger that we sponsor will also be in attendance once more so please stop to say hello and find out about the work undertaken by him and his fellow search and rescue dogs.

Thanks and COYB!

Comments

• ^ What he said ^

• In this edition; A tribute to Cyrille Regis, Bayo's book reviewed, another Chairboys myth is examined, an interview with Luke O'Nien, Football v Homophobia, farewell to Barry Richardson and more Chairboys one-goal-wonders. Plus we take on Four Four Two and American Soccer 'Expert' Marty O. Neill gives us his take on the last few months.

64-pages for just £1.50 (and you get to stroke a dog).

• Good news. Will be looking out for you guys.

• Having Bodger takes the biscuit. Is he (and companion if there again) allowed one?

• Not sure of the policy on that one @micra, but Iain his handler will be there so you can ask him. If you take a couple of treats along and Iain says no, just remember not to absent-mindedly start munching on one at halftime. I did that in a pub once, when I mistook the bowl of dog treats for bar snacks. Not nice.

• Was the pub in Barking?

• I'm not Barking up the wrong tree when I say this issue of "The Wanderer" is a great read. Andy Worboys article on "Financing a Trust Owned Football Club" will no doubt be a subject which will interest many.

• Cheers @wformation! Spread the good word!

• I'll try and stop and collect a copy as I drive up today. Not always easy if a load of cars around.

• Got mine in the post this morning,had a quick scan through there must be a couple of hours reading in this issue,will read it after following today's game,keep up the good work Jonny and all the others involved.

• edited February 2018

@ValleyWanderer If you don't get the chance to pullover, or pop back to the stand after you've parked, I can thoroughly recommend joining WWISC, as you can have (for a small fee to cover p&p) all your copies posted out to you. I do this myself. There's also lots of other benefits to being in WWISC of course, including cheap travel to away games on our coach.

@robin Cheers mate. Really superb work as ever from all our writers - I'm just the bloke who cobbles it together really. Yes, I think it might be our biggest one yet actually, so hopefully good value for money. Hope you enjoy it!

• Another great read,took me nearly 2 hours to get through it.

• @Jonny_King said:
    ValleyWanderer If you don't get the chance to pullover, or pop back to the stand after you've parked, I can thoroughly recommend joining WWISC, as you can have (for a small fee to cover p&p) all your copies posted out to you. I do this myself. There's also lots of other benefits to being in WWISC of course, including cheap travel to away games on our coach.

@Jonny_King, thank you for that and I did manage to pull over and pick up a copy (confused you into thinking I was looking to park) and it was a great read. I'll think on joining the WWISC.

• @robin @ValleyWanderer Cheers guys, glad you enjoyed it.

• Bodger was late again @Jonny_King but a nice lady kindly agreed to take responsibility for the two (I know!) Spillers Shapes. Can’t risk over feeding busy working dogs.
    Bit alarmed at talk of 2 hours to read the mag. I’m one of the slowest readers on the planet so I’ll have to set aside a whole day. Looking forward to it though.

• edited February 2018

Having done the same thing, I hung onto mine so if left holding shapes again @micra they not only go down quite well with beefy drink but they give your hair a nice healthy sheen.

• Too bland for me. Our hound likes a bit of curry occasionally (licks out those black plastic things) but that will have to stop since a. I read recently that dogs do not have the taste buds/sensors (?) to taste spicy food and b. he brought up the entire contents of his stomach (< 1% curry) on the cream-coloured lounge carpet.
    Neither Paddy nor I have much of a sheen, I’m afraid but we do both have a good head of hair.

• A good read again, @Jonny_King. The "Bayo can't be fouled" article had me laughing aloud and passing it round those around me on the terrace. (Bad for sales - sorry!)

• Curry isn’t good for dogs, as it contains garlic (and probably tomatoes and onions too).

http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/garlic/

• @HCblue is right but I only read it when I got home so was not able to scupper sales. My hoot of laughter did frighten the dog though who was already unhappy about a shortfall in her biscuit stock take!

• @micra Hope you enjoy it. As a fellow member of the 'Slow Readers Club' (I'm still on the 2016 Private Eye Annual) fear not - the next one's not out until late April, so plenty of time to pick your way through this one until the next edition.

@HCblue Cheers mate, glad you enjoyed it. I loved the Bayo article too and the writer (they know who they are) did a bloody amazing job with it. As for passing it around the terrace, I'm happy to put that down as advertising, so it's ok by me!

@Wendoverman Terrified dogs are the kind of sacrifices one must make when purchasing The Wanderer unfortunately.

• Thank you to every one who bought a copy of The Wanderer on Saturday. We hope you enjoy it as much as you may have, ever so slightly, enjoyed the game. Thank you also to everyone who contributed articles or who assisted with selling. The next edition will be out for the 21st April for our home game against Accrington.