Skip to content

Match day thread: Colchester

Comments

• COME ON WYCOMBE!

• I can't make today's game as out of the country . Really hope we turn up this week and destroy this ghastly opposition . Still hate them as much as I did 25 years ago ( was it really that long ago ) ! I hope for 25 nil . However will accept any victory. Preferably with a last minute definite goal ruled out by the ref for no obvious reason causing huge anger amongst the travelling misguided folk . COYB

• Let’s gave another Scott scoring a late winner from his own area...

• I will always have especially fond memories of GA's 'superman' equaliser at their place...

• Forget Franchise, forget PNL, it's always C*lu for me. Let's beat these lot 10 nil with many of theirs sent off, Brownie scores a hat trick etc.....

WE8C*LU !!!! COYB

• Brownie’s thunderbolt, Darren Currie’s curler at Layer Road...

• Rebound of Guppy's arse etc... happy days.

• @Frenchfry said:
    I can't make today's game as out of the country . Really hope we turn up this week and destroy this ghastly opposition . Still hate them as much as I did 25 years ago ( was it really that long ago ) ! I hope for 25 nil . However will accept any victory. Preferably with a last minute definite goal ruled out by the ref for no obvious reason causing huge anger amongst the travelling misguided folk . COYB

Mmmmm. Not sure “welcome aboard” is appropriate. We try to avoid hate and acrimony on Gasroom 2! Even if I do speak for myself.

• I'm with Ozzie... "WE8C*LU"

• Sounds like I’m out on a limb here !!

• Wait till we score and Micra leaps the advertising hoardings and runs the length of the pitch to offer out the entire away end.

• Micra I will join you on that limb!

• anyone else notice the tweet about O'Nien? Hope it wasn't meant as a farewell tribute.

• Bayo!

• 1-0 Good guys.

• The young RB has electric pace!

• Micra - having been punched on our own terracing by Infiltrating others on that fateful day . Along with having the supporters coach invaded at "layer dump road" and again punches thrown at me - I feel my dislike for "them" is totally justified .

As for "Welcome aboard" - I joined over a year ago . But thank you . It's nice to be aboard.

Having supported wycombe since our non league days and had the pleasure of witnessing our fa trophy wins , Carlisle away on our 1st ever league game - midweek visits to Oldham, bury etc. Enjoying the delights of hartlepool and Gateshead. My days of being able to visit every week are sadly gone . I now live in Sussex and my job takes me out of the country every week - to that point I'm currently writing this in the Gambia in West Africa.

However my dislike for "them" will never fade . And I'm proud to say that.

Football is built on rivalries . Without these the game would not be the same . I would love to have the chance of playing slough town away in the fa cup - a great rivalry .We need this "extra spice" to make certain afternoons that bit more memorable . It's what separates this game from us playing the likes of Accrington Stanley ( no disrespect intended ) this afternoon . We have our fair share of "regular" games - so to have a game like today is one of our stand out games of the season is the exception and one we should enjoy and treasure - and it's all down to the rivalry . Likewise Micra , Liverpool fans I'm quite sure will look forward to the visit of Man United far more than they would the visit of Bournemouth. Purely because of the rivalry and dislike of each other. That's what makes our game what it is . As long as we don't cross the lines , which unfortunately "they" did frequently .

Micra - I follow your excellent postings on the gasroom and can only bow to your superior knowledge of what goes on around the club . I truly value your views as i do all the other contributors .

I'm not in the privileged position to comment on the games I attend as they are sadly few and far between - so out of respect to those that watch week in week out, I've held back on parting with my wisdom on my last 2 visits ( Preston at home Swindon away ) - both of which performance wise have been - let's politely say "disappointing" .

So I do Micra , take your comments a little to heart - I tried to put my posting across in an adult way without using bad language , whilst trying to get across my dislike for "them" and my love for our team .

Please accept my apologies if my posting was too strong and it caused offence.

• Never mind all that nonsense, it's
    Wycombe Wanderers old men and teenagers XI 2-0 Mordor

• 2-0 half time.

• Must say, this new centre back, Mcginley is a ruddy road block! He has got in the way of everything they've thrown at him. My MOM so far.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Must say, this new centre back, Mcginley is a ruddy road block! He has got in the way of everything they've thrown at him. My MOM so far.

Indeed. Very impressed. For both loanees to come in to start at the back and pretty solid is great to see.

• Both loanees looking superb. Moore running riot on the right with a Sidoesque display, but I'm particularly impressed by the centre back - a very assured first half from him. Extra stewards being brought in to mop up the dribble in the away end.

• 3-0! 09!

• If Moore had scored before 09’s piledriver it would’ve been the finest goal ever seen at AP.

• 3-1 now.

• A great result given the circumstances!

• Brilliant, brilliant result. Colchester looked full of intent all day long, outshot us 17-10, but we were clinical and held (mostly) firm at the back. These two loanees could be massive difference makers!

• Wow it feels great to finally do the double over the Essex boys!

• O’Nien was superb and both loanees were excellent. Great win but I still don’t understand the Bloomfield role, he was the most advanced midfield player throughout the game. Great character though to bounce back like that after last week. We stuffed them and we 8 Col U.