Skip to content

Match day thread: PNE (FA cup 3rd round)

1235»

Comments

• edited January 2018

@glasshalffull , Mawby would figure very high on any "Wycombe moron" scale. Have had the misfortune of being near him at a game, it's all swearing and abuse. All game.

Not sure why this thread has got so tetchy.
    We were patched up, Preston were light years ahead, and the difference showed.

Scarr is still learning the ropes at even league 2 level, Bean and WDH are non league level right backs, and they were up against quality.

It can happen.

• Thanks for that information Malone. Having read many of his posts it doesn’t surprise me. What a shame that he chooses to follow our club.

• @micra , you're not the first decent person to be put off bothering posting on there unfortunately. There's a way of going about debating posts, like some of us do on here, that stays friendly, even if it's a little dry, and thus worth doing.

At one stage the more "drone" type fans said they'd go and have their own "unedited" version of the fb page.
    They quickly came back.
    Clearly when everyone is a sweary negative drone, it quickly stops being fun to be like that.

• I'd have thought there was plenty in yesterday's game to fill the five pages this thread has. That early Saunders pass started a wave of events we nearly got out of by half time before a strange defensive change finished us off. No shortage of passion from the team but the style we play, injuries and a group of knackered players meant we were up against it. The quality of the two goals from the number ten were a joy to watch.

No idea what the last three pages are about though. Why @glasshalffull is so keen to shout out individual Facebook posters on here is odd. Go to Facebook and do it. You'd have to reveal who you are on there though.

• If you’d read my earlier posts more closely you’d have seen that I have posted on the Facebook page but got fed up with the negativity, swearing and abuse towards GA, players, the Trust etc etc. That doesn’t mean I can’t read what they’re saying from time to time.
    The last three pages include other posts which suggest I’m not alone in doing that so what’s the problem?

• I think it would be sensible if comments about specific posts made in other places included the salient details of the posts being referenced. This is true of Facebook and of other sources. All I have learnt is that there are sweary types on Facebook, and the names of one or two. And that one person Mr Freed managed a coherent post there, although since it hasn't been quoted that is very much a question of whether you trust Micra and the other person who referenced it. Not everybody is on Facebook or in the relevant group if they are, so cross references is a bit of a waste of time.

• @baldric, in fairness, @glasshalffull , quoted an exact post and named the poster on another page.
    Something along the lines of yesterday being a "disgrace" (bit strong, but you can understand), but expanding it to being like "most of the season" (utterly ridiculous viewpoint)

• I wasn't criticising glasshalffull at all, rather the tendency of others to cross refer and assume Gasroomers are regular Facebookers. And I still don't see why the Gasroom is the place to out nasty Facebook posters. This is a politer place but not necessarily superior, which often seems to be the way it comes across. [ see the absurd 'sing up gasroom' debate which crops up].

• A lot of people don’t post on the Facebook page for that reason I certainly don’t need reading someones post telling me to f myself over my cornflakes (that’s my wife’s privilege).
    Of course if you ask me glasshalffull could well be one of those characters he mentions, it’s been done before

• @Wendoverman said:
    I did not realise I was posting on a forum
    That only has a trickle of the traffic it once had and on which I am not allowed to say it how I see it. All very disappointing. Why did no-one say? It's ruined it for me.

I’m trickled pink by that.

• Pigs do fly; Kashket played.

• @TheNixonTapes has been trolling the Gasroom since at least Tony Adams’ time. Which is quite sad when you think about it.

• I understand your mistrust Buckingham but you’ll have to take my word that I am most certainly not one of those Facebook ‘characters’. I also understand that those who aren’t on FB will find this whole thread a bit of a mystery so, point taken. I will desist from mentioning it again in future and on reflection they don’t deserve a wider platform anyway.

• @JohnnyAllAlone said:
    Although foul throws for a professional of his standing is not acceptable, I do have some sympathy for Bean. Why oh why do our players not make themselves available for the throw-in/lack of movement and then get within 6 feet of him when they do so. Surely this is far too close and is going to result in not letting go of the ball early enough.

Players did make themselves available. Problem was, in most instances, that Bean wasn't properly prepared to take the throw-in. The ball was in only one hand by his side and once he did raise the ball to take the throw any possible advantage had been nullified by the opposition.

• The usual ploy is for the ball to be thrown quickly down the line for Bayo, sandwiched between two defenders, to knock on with a glancing header.

• @HughJanus so the ploy of making yourself available when the player taking the throw-in was not ready to take the throw didn’t seem to work either. Bad day at the office for the team which does not affect where we are in the league.

• @arnos_grove said:
    I wish I could post an emoji of a handbag...

Why? Did you lose yours?

• @Pete I think your dignity in rising above the endless trolling of people who say it as they see it on this forum is admirable.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Pete I think your dignity in rising above the endless trolling of people who say it as they see it on this forum is admirable.

Thank you!

• I've lost my happy face with heart eyes emoji, and my sushi roll emoji, but I always know where I left my handbag emoji.

• edited January 2018

Surely a manbag emoji is in order?

• Have I missed the post saying...why is Gaz playing Kashket? Are we sure he's fit? He is risking our best player....etc etc etc...