Skip to content

Respect to Garreth Ainsworth

LX1LX1
edited January 2018 in Football

Think about what this man has done for our club already.

We would be nowhere without this brilliant yet modest man.

In this new year we go again.

Starting with the first League winners in the FA Cup on Saturday.

1888 PNE win The Football League
1994 WWFC win play offs at Wembley v PNE
2018 WWFC March on to the final thrashing PNE at Adams Park

This is our most important game of the season so far

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Comments

• Enough respect to spell his name correctly?

• I have a feeling they will play a weakened team. They are doing well in the Championship and hopefully they see the playoffs as their Primary goal.

• LX1, I do think Gareth Ainsworth has done well but he needs to win promotion to be listed alongside Sir Martin ON. It was indeed Martin who managed us in that play - off win in 1994, whilst Ainsworth was playing for the losing side.

• Just to clarify..I was not for one microsecond ranking him up there with O'Neill. Just giving him a gee up

• amazing to think that Ainsworth has been part of the opposition at two of my (and others I'm sure) greatest moments supporting Wycombe - the play off final and the Wimbledon replay.

'Twas fate that brought us together

• He still has his part to play in the fate of the ring

• My precious....!

• Does this make Dom Gape Frodo?

• “You Shall Not Pass!”
    “Lump it up to Bayo instead”

• lmao

• One does not simply walk into Colchester...

• Doesn’t one?

• Princess Eowyn: So few, So very few of you have returned.
    Laurie Sanchez: It’s not a football town your majesty

• Oh well played Sir.

• What are you all Tolkien about?

• I am beginning to Sauron these puns...

• Then you should hobbit

• Am I the only one that thinks Pete Winkleman looks like Gima Wormtongues fatter brother

• great shout. My northampton friend calls him 'child-snatcher'

• @LX1 said:
    great shout. My northampton friend calls him 'child-snatcher'

Another good shout ones a sly villain using cheap tricks to tempt the young and gullible into his empty box and the other is a character in a film

• We know Nick Freeman as Screech! One of the blokes in the section behind us calls Bloomers Norman Wisdom but the bloke in question is a bit of a numpty anyway.

• PNE fan in peace here guys.....

Gareth was a total legend for us too.......we even cheered him last time he scored against us so you can expect the faithful few who make the trip to give him a good reception.

I was at Wembley for the play off game and credit where it is due....you deserved the win.

As for the game tomorrow.......Should be decent. You are obviously in good form but so are we (one defeat in ten). I know there will be a bit of squad rotation tomorrow especially in our midfield (Welsh and Browne may come in) and a debut for Bodin who we have just picked up from Bristol Rovers.

With the exception of Welsh, the guys that are coming in will be pretty close to full match fitness (Neil rotates his squad a lot so they all get game time) and I would hope that means we are too strong for you. "Hope" rather than "Expect" being the key word in the last sentence.

Whatever happens - enjoy the game - and all the best for the rest of the season.

• Good to hear from you @PNEFANINPEACE. As you may have seen on other threads, we have roughly a third of our small squad either definitely out or very doubtful. Funny old game though.

• @PNEFANINPEACE said:
    PNE fan in peace here guys.....

Gareth was a total legend for us too.......we even cheered him last time he scored against us so you can expect the faithful few who make the trip to give him a good reception.

I was at Wembley for the play off game and credit where it is due....you deserved the win.

As for the game tomorrow.......Should be decent. You are obviously in good form but so are we (one defeat in ten). I know there will be a bit of squad rotation tomorrow especially in our midfield (Welsh and Browne may come in) and a debut for Bodin who we have just picked up from Bristol Rovers.

With the exception of Welsh, the guys that are coming in will be pretty close to full match fitness (Neil rotates his squad a lot so they all get game time) and I would hope that means we are too strong for you. "Hope" rather than "Expect" being the key word in the last sentence.

Whatever happens - enjoy the game - and all the best for the rest of the season.

Always had huge respect for PNE, a proper football club. Legends like Tom Finney, Bill Shankly etc. and fans who know the game. Hope you enjoy your day at Wycombe but I’m sure you’ll forgive me if I say that I also hope you lose and go on to win promotion.

• Looking forward to a great FA Cup tie.

Don't be offended by the repeated 'Wembley 94 'chants or the more niche 'cheer up girls on benches'

• @PNEFANINPEACE said:
    PNE fan in peace here guys.....

Congratulations no complaints from me. Almost a Masterclass on how to play the wonderful game. Good luck for the rest of the season.