Skip to content

Comments

• Easy to forget that they had 2 key players come off injured on 18.
    Plus those missing due to viruses.

Make the defeat even worse!

• @Malone said:
    Easy to forget that they had 2 key players come off injured on 18.
    Plus those missing due to viruses.

Make the defeat even worse!

But we were missing three of our 4 best defenders as well!

• Well said Mooney man, if we could have fielded our strongest team it could have been a very different outcome. And let’s not forget how much money Mansfield spent last summer. Some Wycombe fans should remember that we’re doing very well for a club with a low budget compared to many others in the division.

• Surely all Wycombe fans should remember that if it's correct, @glasshalffull.

• It is correct and some fans do remember that while some clearly don’t.

• Some don't believe it @glasshalffull . I don't.

• Why, what makes you think otherwise?
    Do you really believe we can match the likes of Luton, Notts County, Lincoln, Coventry, Mansfield, Swindon, Carlisle, Port Vale, Chesterfield etc when it comes to paying wages? We can’t so we’re doing very well to compete with them and others.

• Well worth reminding everyone of that @glasshalffull . Just in case some people had missed the manager saying it 1,000 times ;)

I always wonder if the other team's wage bills include reserves/youngsters, where obviously straight away we'll be lower.

But as we can somehow afford Tyson, Bayo, CMS and others, we can't be doing too badly.

• You make a good point but we are still one of the division’s poorer relations, probably in the bottom 6-8 clubs in financial terms.

• No chance.

• Saw a quote from Ainsworth this morning saying he doesn't expect any new faces coming in,what's the point of Wycombe fans donating money then? Unless our defence gets a new player this month i fear a poor run coming. Eze is going back to QPR,god knows when Harriman is back to full fitness i'd like to see at least one new face even on loan until the injured defenders are fit again.

• Strange - in his most recent interview with @bluntphil Gareth suggested there will be movement both in and out

• I'm more than happy to be a 500 club member as I have faith in Ainsworth.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    I'm more than happy to be a 500 club member as I have faith in Ainsworth.

I did it last season but couldn't afford it this time or i would have.

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Strange - in his most recent interview with bluntphil Gareth suggested there will be movement both in and out

Hope you're right mate,maybe it's Ainsworth keeping things close to his chest as he usually does not that i'm complaining.

• I'd like to see the lad from Charlton back he looked really good

• @bigred87 said:
    I'd like to see the lad from Charlton back he looked really good

With you there @bigred87. And there will surely be a couple moving out and a couple coming in.

In case some have not heard, I believe GA said that he wants Josh Umerah (“the lad from Charlton”) to play an U23 game before he (GA) makes his decision. I’m guessing Charlton would agree to an extension in view of Josh’s recent ankle problems and subsequent surgery.

• Presumably Henry Newcombe would not count as an addition if it is correct that he has been registered as a Wycombe player from the start of the season.

• In GA’s interview he said about the likelihood of top performers been looked at as well as trying to get players in. I can’t see someone coming in for Bayo or CMS or Tyson and with the crop of injuries at the moment I don’t see much chance of selling anyone.
    As for incomings defence and a random attacking option a la Eze or Balanta etc

• I'm thinking Luke might be a target

• @LeedsBlue 09 has certainly started to show more of what he had when he first joined us I would agree. He is not (yet) the player that Scowen was IMHO but sometime that is cos of the role he has to play. Not sure he is ready for a leap up a division but maybe a well-financed 4th division team could come in for him I guess.

• Luke seems to really love the club, I've sat with him a few times and he shows such passion like a fan, I'd be surprised if he left for a team in our league..........

• Ainsworth actually said he doesn’t expect to make a marquee signing in January.

• When have we ever expected a marquee signing, least of all in January?! Nonetheless, I don't think such a signing is required, welcome though it would be. But we could certainly do with a couple more actively good options at the back and, if Eze is really gone, in midfield.

• @robin said:
    Saw a quote from Ainsworth this morning saying he doesn't expect any new faces coming in,what's the point of Wycombe fans donating money then? Unless our defence gets a new player this month i fear a poor run coming. Eze is going back to QPR,god knows when Harriman is back to full fitness i'd like to see at least one new face even on loan until the injured defenders are fit again.

Good to see that you’re starting the new year in such optimistic fashion.

• @floyd said:
    No chance.

No chance of what?

• @glasshalffull no chance we’re in the ‘bottom 6-8’ in financial terms.

• So you have documentary evidence do you?

• No, neither do you. But given we have players like Bayo, CMS, Tyson, El-Abd, Saunders, PCH and Jacobsen on our payroll, unless the rest of our squad are giving us their time for free, there is no way we’re in the bottom third of our division’s finances.

But I know the role you play on here.

• So if you don’t have any inside information why do you suppose that you are right and I am wrong?
    What do you mean by ‘the role you play on here’?