Skip to content

Farewell Baz

Barry Richardson is leaving Wycombe to be nearer his family.

Will never, ever forget that day down in Plymouth. Best of luck to him.

Comments

• Does this mean the next goalkeeper's shirt will be plain green ?

• He's done a superb job for us. Wish him the very best for whatever his future ventures are.

• @Stewie63 said:
    Does this mean the next goalkeeper's shirt will be plain green ?

Baz might continue to offer his kit designing services for free (or for a modest consideration). Perish the thought, I hear you cry, but I have also heard it said that his outré creations have proved to be nice little earners.

Alternatively, Kashket and Partners Ltd (by Royal Appointment) might be persuaded to tender.

On a slightly less flippant note, I’m sure we all wish Baz well for the future and, in the meantime, I wonder if Yves Ma-Kalamba will be taking on the dual coaching/benchwarming role plus of course the personal training (which I believe is his main business)?

• @micra said:
    On a slightly less flippant note, I’m sure we all wish Baz well for the future and, in the meantime, I wonder if Yves Ma-Kalamba will be taking on the dual coaching/benchwarming role plus of course the personal training (which I believe is his main business)?

Good shout regarding Yves Ma-Kalamba, and of course best wishes to Baz.

• Sad to see Baz go. This is one of my favourite WW moments of recent times:

https://audioboom.com/posts/4126633-barry-richardson-post-match-interview

• Best of luck to him. Legendary stuff against Plymouth and by all accounts seemed like a good coach.

I'll miss seeing him jumping up and down on the sidelines next to Gareth and Dobbo. Fourth officials throughout the league must be breathing a small sigh of relief.

• I'm sure all football league match officials will be breathing a sigh of relief

• massive loss to the club, I would suggest almost as big as Gary Waddock losing Martin Kuhl.

• The good cop/bad cop analogy may well be apt, @rmjlondon. But I think GA is probably less avuncular than Gary Waddock. Not saying he’s nasty - just that I doubt whether he takes too many prisoners.

• It may well transpire that Richardson has had an offer from a club nearer to to his family home. If that is the case then good luck to him.

• edited December 2017

Most likely @Blue_since_1990 . You don't just leave out of the blue midseason at his age otherwise after so many years here.

• Henry Newcombe tweeted his good luck message. Remind me who this mystery goalkeeper is?

• edited December 2017
  • BSEBSE
    edited December 2017

He was on trial with us in the summer just gone. Just noticed he was in the x-mas day team photo. From having a look on the back of last weeks programme V. Newport, he's not listed. Strange one indeed, maybe you've found our first winter signing @TheAndyGrahamFanClub

on the left side of Sido Infront of Tyson

Definitely going to miss seeing baz in the dugout, always animated. Best of luck to him wherever he end up.

• According to his agent website, signed by us in August before being loaned to Canvey. Odd.

• We can be a very odd club sometimes. Mystery injuries I am used to, mystery players is something I struggle with.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    We can be a very odd club sometimes. Mystery injuries I am used to, mystery players is something I struggle with.

So much for being a SUPPORTER OWNED club and not knowing who our players are!

• Well that’s a blow isn’t it.

Things are going pretty swimmingly at the moment so a change to the management team is certainly unwelcome.

Fair play to Baz though, it’s not easy to commute from Lincoln when you’ve a young family. If he’s secured a decent job closer to home, which he surely must have done, then fair enough.

Thanks Baz for all your efforts, you’ll be missed.

• I was flippant yesterday; today I feel very sad. Scott Brown’s remark about not realising what you’ve got until it’s gone rings horribly true.

• Amazing that we can sign someone without any of the supporters knowing. Strange thing to do.

• The simple explanation seems to me that if we had announced him it would have made it extremely difficult for us to argue we should be entitled to an emergency loan keeper if Brown was injured when we could just pull our own one back from Canvey Island. To me the more interesting question is, have we registered Newcombe as our player with the Football League? I would imagine they'd take a dim view if we haven't in order to circumvent the rules on emergency loans.

• You cannot recall a player who is on a 6 month loan - only the monthly ones - cf WDH.

• @aloysius We must have registered him so there is no chance we could be trying to bypass the emergency loan system as the FA will know. It’s just a bizarre situation. Maybe we missed the announcement after all the hype and excitement of the Bean contract extension

• You'd not expect an agent to undersell the extent of his connection to the club.

• He surely wouldn’t appear in the recent squad photo if he wasn’t a bona fide registered Wycombe player. The timing of Barry Richardson’s departure is probably no coincidence.

• All the best to Baz. I've certainly never been so emotional about a member of coaching staff leaving the club before. He's right up there with Dave Jones and (IMHO) Dobbo as a Wycombe backroom legend. I will never forget that extraordinary day in Plymouth and am glad I was there to witness it.

• Further to the mystery of Mr Newcombe, the Canvey Island site makes it sound like he’s their player with no mention of us whatsoever....

http://canveyislandfc.com/1st-team/profiles/player/newcombe-henry

• Farewell then Baz...being in earshot of the dug-outs will never be the same.

• The company who manages Henry Newcombe have a website. On there they clearly state he is contracted to us:

http://www.17management.com/henry-newcombe.html